IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

There's so much unclear in the software.
At Dirac 1 you could click on 44,1 48 88,2 96 ...192khz etc.
At the end everything could be played in Audirvana up to 192khz. I ha I only had to do one measurement.
Now with Dirac 2 there is obviously no more this dialogue.
I made a measurement with 44,1khz. In Audirvana
therefore only 44,1khz material is processed. Anything above this is not machined.
Do I have to make a new measurement for each sampling rate, or do we get the dialog back.
If I now make a measurement at 96khz, the 44.1 kHz will not be processed.
That was much better solved in Dirac 1.
or did I overlook something?

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

3 minutes ago, DSD256 said:

There's so much unclear in the software.
At Dirac 1 you could click on 44,1 48 88,2 96 ...192khz etc.
At the end everything could be played in Audirvana up to 192khz. I ha I only had to do one measurement.
Now with Dirac 2 there is obviously no more this dialogue.
I made a measurement with 44,1khz. In Audirvana
therefore only 44,1khz material is processed. Anything above this is not machined.
Do I have to make a new measurement for each sampling rate, or do we get the dialog back.
If I now make a measurement at 96khz, the 44.1 kHz will not be processed.
That was much better solved in Dirac 1.
or did I overlook something?

You you need to downsample everything higher than 96Khz to 96Khz, rates lower stay the same - and pass it to Dirac processor

4 hours ago, michael123 said:

You you need to downsample everything higher than 96Khz to 96Khz, rates lower stay the same - and pass it to Dirac processor

Do you know this by trial or through Dirac’s official announcement? 

6 hours ago, michael123 said:

Did you select your microphone as a recording device?

Yes. When I revert back to previous version of DLP, the issue goes away. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

22 hours ago, sound_cycle said:

When I tab to create new filter and click on measure, it brings up DLCTS ver 1.1.0 

A little RTFM, some searching and deleting in Windows Explorer followed by a reinstall and I have it going. It probably helped that  my fluid audio enhancer was not involved. The error was in choosing the wrong dirac live and created by me.

Doh!

It sounds much nicer than my v1 setup.

gr

On 7/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, michael123 said:

@shinycDirac wrote this beta supports 96 KHz (previous didn't)

Thank you for your kind info. Out of curiosity, I tried 192khz source and my dac processes at 192khz. Strange to say the least. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, sound_cycle said:

It sounds much nicer than my v1 setup.

I rather like this v2 much. Spent much of today enjoying my listening. It is a nice SQ gain over my v1 filters, my maggies never sounded better

This is a more an audiophilia nervosa point than anything I suppose, I can get only a green light on in Roon because the Vb audiocable is OS mixer and not lossless. Any way to get that purple light signal path ?

gr

On 7/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, DSD256 said:

New beta has arrived...thanks...but:

on my macbook an old problem suddenly is up again. Dirac processor does not recognize the macbook mic input.

this essential for starting diraclive...in the end no measurements was possible, cause no input was found. With an external soundcard like the Audient id14 I have had no input either.

I haven't tested the input via the Audient id14 with the current beta yet, but I assume that it doesn't work like the macbook mic-input. i'm back to the previous processor beta...now i have mic input again. 

I have the same problem.☹️

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

On 7/20/2019 at 3:05 AM, DSD256 said:

It's not clear to me how this process works.

Never gone through this process before so not sure how DL2 (Dirac Live 2) would handle different sample rates between 44.1 and 96KHz. 

If we're taking different measurements at different sample rates, does DL2 auto select correct filters in a single VST/AU unit? Or, do we have to switch to a different VST/AU unit based on current track/album's sample rate manually?

I can handle down-sampling (>96KHz) source material in Audirvana so it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Thanks in advance

On 19. Juli 2019 at 7:10 PM, michael123 said:

thanks...i thought that it should be that way....but...version 1.x so far is more clear in this aspect

because one measurement is responsible for sampling rates from 44,1 to 192khz.

This beta/alpha works only in the sampling rate selected in processor. 

This beta/alpha does not work with umik-1 on macbook pro retina...no way.... No mic signal at all.

version before works....did a successful measurement with that version.

Sounds pretty cool...although only 44.1khz worked.

Did a measurement dirac supposes, 9 points with math audio room eq...

sounds pretty nice and supports 44,1-192khz and works audible very convincing!

when will dirac offer a working version? announced more than a year ago...

We are are now on mojave/win10. Dirac 2.x does not work on mac and not on win10.

i understand that deals with mercedes Benz and other hardware cooperations

are way cooler and more efficient...so...lets be honest:

when we will see a working version?

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

5 hours ago, DSD256 said:

We are are now on mojave/win10. Dirac 2.x does not work on mac and not on win10.

This never ending story is really getting very annoying. The desktop software, and not a cheap one, doesn't get updates despite them being announced since more than a year ago; and this in the context of a bumpy version 1. What Dirac does is supplying versions that are tailored to obscure brands instead of a general version. As a user from very early on I feel very much neglected by Dirac and made a fool of...

On 7/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, michelangelo said:

I have the same problem.☹️

Hi Michelangelo and DSD256,

it's probable that the "support recording" option had been enabled in the DiracLiveProcessor while it should not,

that option will be probably removed.

If the above does'nt solve the issue please contact us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se/

Thanks, Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

@DSD256:

after uninstalling Dirac Live (2.2.3) and the Dirac Live Processor 0.9.23, I deleted all Dirac folders and files.

~/Dirac

~/Library/Application Support/Dirac

~/Library/Application Support/DiracLive

~/Library/Preferences/com.dirac.live.DiracLive.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.dirac.live.plist

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Dirac

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/DiracLiveProcessor.vst

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/DiracLiveProcessor.vst3

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/DiracLiveProcessor.component

/Applications/Dirac

then restarted the computer.

I installed DiracLiveProcessor-0.9.23 first and then DiracLive (2.2.3).

Now the microphone was detected and I was able to measure.

If you use macos Mojave, the microphone may need to be released in the security and privacy settings.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-23 um 21.12.58.jpg

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

Thanks for all the info here guys.  I use the VST plug in with AV+ and have been testing the first version as per my report up thread.  Mid 2011 Mac Mini OSX 10.13.6

I have installed the latest version after the second link provided by Flavio.  In my Apps folder I have a Dirac folder which contains a folder called Live which contains the Dirac Live files.  That all looks the same.

What I had to do though, was re-load my projects and create filters again to load into AV+.  The upgrade seemed to have cleared them.  I seem as if I can - if I go through AV+ preferences into the configuring of audio units - create new projects using Dirac.

Do I need to do new measurement projects to test the new beta version?  Or is the upgrade in the algorithms therefore loading existing measurement projects and creating filters is all I need to do.

One other thing, in the Apps folder I have a new looking Icon for DiracLiveProcessor which won't open, saying it needs a newer OSX.  That would need a new Mac Mini!

Any help gratefully received.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

Hi SteveS1,

I'm sorry but I have to confirm that the DiracLiveProcessor requires a newer Mac OSX, maybe you have access to a Windows 10 PC?

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Thanks Flavio, this is a Windows-free zone I'm afraid.  I may get to upgrade the Mini soon but obviously as it works fine with the first Beta, I'm not in a hurry.  They are not cheap.  So is the second Beta changes/differences in the Project measurement and filter creation or playback of any filter?

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

Anyone know if the second Beta improvements are in the measurement, the filter calculation or the playback engine?

1 hour ago, SteveS1 said:

Anyone know if the second Beta improvements are in the measurement, the filter calculation or the playback engine?

Hard to say, VST definitely is more stable.

I am not so sure regarding focus - I think in V1 it was more defined. Also, the midrange image was more forward then, which I like more.

On 7/23/2019 at 5:11 AM, DSD256 said:

thanks...i thought that it should be that way....but...version 1.x so far is more clear in this aspect

because one measurement is responsible for sampling rates from 44,1 to 192khz.

This beta/alpha works only in the sampling rate selected in processor. 

This beta/alpha does not work with umik-1 on macbook pro retina...no way.... No mic signal at all.

version before works....did a successful measurement with that version.

Sounds pretty cool...although only 44.1khz worked.

Did a measurement dirac supposes, 9 points with math audio room eq...

sounds pretty nice and supports 44,1-192khz and works audible very convincing!

when will dirac offer a working version? announced more than a year ago...

I think in V2 as well, one measurement holds for all sampling rates. The limit of 96Khz goes for the playback (VST)

I hope it will support all sampling rates, all the way to 384KHz my JRiver works with.

I work with Windows 10 though, from what you write it seems that Dirac for Mac is till not baked

My new Volvo XC40 with harman kardon has Dirac 🙂, but I don't know what it does there. 

1 hour ago, michael123 said:

Hard to say, VST definitely is more stable.

I am not so sure regarding focus - I think in V1 it was more defined. Also, the midrange image was more forward then, which I like more.

Performed now more A/B listening (Dirac V2 vs pure; not V1 - I don't have it installed for more than a year) - it does not modify sound signature, but rather surgically fixes specific issues.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:13 PM, sound_cycle said:

I rather like this v2 much. Spent much of today enjoying my listening. It is a nice SQ gain over my v1 filters, my maggies never sounded better

This is a more an audiophilia nervosa point than anything I suppose, I can get only a green light on in Roon because the Vb audiocable is OS mixer and not lossless. Any way to get that purple light signal path ?

gr

Doh.

Roon outputs to VB Audio Virtual Cable.

Then VST host grabs this as an input and sends to my Gungnir through Dirac Live Processor.

I had not set the Roon output over WASAPI exclusive mode. With that done Roon shows the signal path as lossless.

gr