flak

New second generation Dirac Live

Rate this topic

On 12/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, flak said:

The upgrade of standalone to Dirac Live 2.0 will be free as it is for all current Dirac enabled products that recently upgraded.

Hi Flavio,

I am on the older  licensed version.

I downloaded and installed

Dirac live v2 for win last night, however it will not allow me to login, with my existing I'd/ pwd. I proceeded to reset my password but the new one will not work either. 

What did I miss doing correctly ? Could you please let me know.

Thanks

GR

Users of standalone Dirac Live have been patiently waiting for a long time and I want to thank them.

I think it was worth it as I'm pleased to inform that the soon to be released testing version will be not only multichannel if desired but will also include the possibility of using a multichannel audiocard/DAC for advanced management of multiple subs of a stereo set-up with players like for example JRiver:

https://www.dirac.com/dirac-live-bass-management-beta-signup

:) Flavio

P.S. It's now expected within the end of this month but because of the above it might take one or two weeks longer (we also have to write instructions)

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

On 6/17/2019 at 5:34 AM, sound_cycle said:

Hi Flavio,

I am on the older  licensed version.

I downloaded and installed

Dirac live v2 for win last night, however it will not allow me to login, with my existing I'd/ pwd. I proceeded to reset my password but the new one will not work either. 

What did I miss doing correctly ? Could you please let me know.

Thanks

GR

Hi sound_cycle,

the download that you're referring to is the Dirac Live calibration tool that can be used by itself only with Dirac enabled AVRs and audio components.

For standalone use you also need the DiracLiveProcessor, you can apply for testing the full package here:

http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

Thanks, Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

1 hour ago, flak said:

Users of standalone Dirac Live have been patiently waiting for a long time and I want to thank them.

I think it was worth it as I'm pleased to inform that the soon to be released testing version will be not only multichannel if desired but will also include the possibility of using a multichannel audiocard/DAC for advanced management of multiple subs of a stereo set-up with players like for example JRiver:

The web-page refers to 2.3 and 2.4 setups but what about a 5.3 setup?

Kal Rubinson

Music in the Round

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

On 6/21/2019 at 4:32 PM, Kal Rubinson said:

The web-page refers to 2.3 and 2.4 setups but what about a 5.3 setup?

We will support 5.3 and more :)

(the text needs to be modified accordingly)

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:53 PM, flak said:

Hi sound_cycle,

the download that you're referring to is the Dirac Live calibration tool that can be used by itself only with Dirac enabled AVRs and audio components.

For standalone use you also need the DiracLiveProcessor, you can apply for testing the full package here:

http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

Thanks, Flavio

Thanks Flavio. Done that.

Thanks

GR

On 6/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, flak said:

:) Flavio

P.S. It's now expected within the end of this month but because of the above it might take one or two weeks longer (we also have to write instructions) 

Hi flac,
any news for the new Beta?

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

On 7/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, michelangelo said:

Hi flac,
any news for the new Beta?

Hi Michelangelo,

we expected the beta to be complete by now, we have have found some issues ourselves so it was not reasonable to send it out to beta testers and we are working on fixing them (summer holidays don't help :( )

We announce no ETA as we will release it as soon as possible.

New beta has arrived...thanks...but:

on my macbook an old problem suddenly is up again. Dirac processor does not recognize the macbook mic input.

this essential for starting diraclive...in the end no measurements was possible, cause no input was found. With an external soundcard like the Audient id14 I have had no input either.

I haven't tested the input via the Audient id14 with the current beta yet, but I assume that it doesn't work like the macbook mic-input. i'm back to the previous processor beta...now i have mic input again.

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

12 hours ago, DSD256 said:

New beta has arrived...thanks...but:

on my macbook an old problem suddenly is up again. Dirac processor does not recognize the macbook mic input.

this essential for starting diraclive...in the end no measurements was possible, cause no input was found. With an external soundcard like the Audient id14 I have had no input either.

I haven't tested the input via the Audient id14 with the current beta yet, but I assume that it doesn't work like the macbook mic-input. i'm back to the previous processor beta...now i have mic input again.

Please contact us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se/, thanks

Is anyone successful running the new beta? Mine(windows version) says "The Dirac Live Processor cannot be used as a recording device". 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

1 minute ago, shinyc said:

Is anyone successful running the new beta? Mine(windows version) says "The Dirac Live Processor cannot be used as a recording device". 

You need to launch processor first, and from there create a new filter.

Yes, sounds fantastic.

Found 4 minor bugs though.

Dirac added also attenuation to VST as I asked, however clipping indicator still missing 😞

10 minutes ago, michael123 said:

You need to launch processor first, and from there create a new filter.

Yes, sounds fantastic.

Found 4 minor bugs though.

Dirac added also attenuation to VST as I asked, however clipping indicator still missing 😞

Great. Were you able (if you tried) to run VST version of Dirac Live Processor (vs Standalone version of DLP)? 

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

Just now, shinyc said:

Great. Were you able (if you tried) to run VST version of Dirac Live Processor (vs Standalone version of DLP)? 

Yes, that's what I am talking about.

It is running as a VST inside JRiver 25 (version 1, version 3 is not supported) . Not sure there is a standalone version anymore (and I don't miss it)

21 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Yes, that's what I am talking about.

It is running as a VST inside JRiver 25 (version 1, version 3 is not supported) . Not sure there is a standalone version anymore (and I don't miss it)

Oh, I meant "did you invoke dirac live (measurement program) from jriver hosted vst (rather than first running "diracliveprocessor.exe").

Just now, shinyc said:

Oh, I meant "did you invoke dirac live (measurement program) from jriver hosted vst (rather than first running "diracliveprocessor.exe").

Not, that's not how it is supposed to work.

Run Dirac Processor from Windows Explorer, then click on Audio Settings and define devices. After that - create a new filter, which will spawn DiracLive

3 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Not, that's not how it is supposed to work.

Run Dirac Processor from Windows Explorer, then click on Audio Settings and define devices. After that - create a new filter, which will spawn DiracLive

According to the instruction (per below) that came with the latest beta, I seems one can do the measurement inline while plugged in inside the host.

image.png.4401ca7edf2e5d0098f03d1cc89bd0a5.png

This way, I do not have to select an output manually. DLP output is natually routed to the host and to the host's output, whatever that may be. That was true in Dirac Studio version (1.0 vst).

2 minutes ago, shinyc said:

According to the instruction (per below) that came with the latest beta, I seems one can do the measurement inline while plugged in inside the host.

image.png.4401ca7edf2e5d0098f03d1cc89bd0a5.png

This way, I do not have to select an output manually. DLP output is natually routed to the host and to the host's output, whatever that may be. That was true in Dirac Studio version (1.0 vst).

Ahh, I just continued to do what I did with all previous betas

I'm stuck with the beta

After installation, I fired up the dirac live processor

in Audio settings  I see asio (device type), asio for generic usb device (device) and the test button produces a tone. I left the sample rate and buffer size untouched.

When I tab to create new filter and click on measure, it brings up DLCTS ver 1.1.0 

And then nothing happens after I close DLCTS.

I'd expect a newer version of the filter creation program to start up, which for some reason is not happening. 

Uninstall and reinstall did not help. How do I get past this and create filters ?

gr

Edited by sound_cycle
added requested action

I can confirm that the measurement over a host like reaper with processor as vst3 selected does work!

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

That’s cool. Too bad my beta(dlp v0.9.23) does not work on my machines. 

Does not work....thought the measurements will work...no

in Audirvana beta activated does not process.

Back to Dirac 1...

7 hours ago, shinyc said:

I opened a support ticket on this.  

Just now, shinyc said:

I opened a support ticket on this.  

Did you select your microphone as a recording device?