IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

On 7/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, flak said:

Hi SteveS1,

I'm sorry but I have to confirm that the DiracLiveProcessor requires a newer Mac OSX, maybe you have access to a Windows 10 PC?

I weakened, helped by a good deal on a 2014 Mini.  Should be able to try Beta 2 next week.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

I too bought a mac mini to play music,i updated the operating system when prompted,there was no warning from Dirac that there software would no longer work,i have not used dirac now for over a year  was looking forward to version 2, downloaded it and was then told needed a later version of high sierra. so basically my mac as a music player with room correction is now bricked, wont work with version 1 or 2. not happy

I am pretty sure my Mac mini of the same vintage thatr runs the older standalone Dirac is updated to 10.14.  Why would you be limited bon MacOS when it should update for free?  Am I missing something?  I have not messed around with the new beta yet.  I would like to but am concerned about all the issues people are reporting here and just want my system to work.

Sorry, but as some of you talk about a beta version of Live Processor, is there a download link for registered users? I bought v. 1 some time ago and received an access key by the helpdesk. However, the only download I found was for a specific brand. Is there a standalone desktop version for Mac already?

Please advise.

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

Sorry, but as some of you talk about a beta version of Live Processor, is there a download link for registered users? I bought v. 1 some time ago and received an access key by the helpdesk. However, the only download I found was for a specific brand. Is there a standalone desktop version for Mac already?

Please advise.

#278 upthread

GR

On 7/31/2019 at 7:36 PM, Gerard said:

a beta version of Live Processor

@flak

Hi

I continue to be in like with v2.

I miss the gain and delay there was on V1.

I have an acoustically  horrible room, and find that the image centre is slightly off to one side. I had settled for using the delay slider to try and sort that out. I suppose that was not the best approach.

But that kludge/solution is not accessible with the beta. How to sort that out ? 

I also have a query about level matching before the measurement. The improvements to the interface make it more intuitive and informative. I find that it difficult to get both channels exactly the same, I suppose that the number presented is the average level, the best match I manage is +/- 0.2 db with the mouse. Does this matter.

Finally is this the place to post these or is there another preferred and proper way.

GR

What's the latest 2.0 DL (Dirac Live) alpha/beta? I have 0.9.23 installed on my Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.14.6.

I'm using the standalone version. My input to DL 2.0 is UMIK-1. When I run DiracLiveProcessor and click on "Audio Settings" I only see output selection field.  Input selection (UMIK-1) field is missing. Can I assume that UMIK-1 already selected? MacOS sees UMIK-1 in Audio Midi setup (fix to 48KHz).

I select "Create New Filter" tab and click on "Measure" it opens a file selection dialog box. I have no idea what it's looking for as there is no message to guide the user. 

I'm stuck and any assistance appreciated.

1 hour ago, macuniverse said:

What's the latest 2.0 DL (Dirac Live) alpha/beta? I have 0.9.23 installed on my Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.14.6.

I'm using the standalone version. My input to DL 2.0 is UMIK-1. When I run DiracLiveProcessor and click on "Audio Settings" I only see output selection field.  Input selection (UMIK-1) field is missing. Can I assume that UMIK-1 already selected? MacOS sees UMIK-1 in Audio Midi setup (fix to 48KHz).

I select "Create New Filter" tab and click on "Measure" it opens a file selection dialog box. I have no idea what it's looking for as there is no message to guide the user. 

I had similar issue. I just removed 0.9.23 from my 2011 MBP updated to Mojave via Dosdudes’s patch method. Rebooted and installed Processor ver 0.9.11 and I could select the UMIK1. 

Hope this works for you too. 

However in the next step once I click measure- DL 2.2.3 opens and throws an error “selected mic is disconnected” and crashes. Read in upthread that privacy settings might be blocking DL from accessing UMIK. Will fix that setting and report back. 

On 7/29/2019 at 5:38 PM, gazza49 said:

I too bought a mac mini to play music,i updated the operating system when prompted,there was no warning from Dirac that there software would no longer work,i have not used dirac now for over a year  was looking forward to version 2, downloaded it and was then told needed a later version of high sierra. so basically my mac as a music player with room correction is now bricked, wont work with version 1 or 2. not happy

If you are using the standalone Dirac Live 2.x beta with High Sierra you can try using version 2.2 of the calibration tool, you'll find it here:

https://live.dirac.com/all-released-versions/

If you'll find issues nonetheless please contact us from here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se/

thanks

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

6 hours ago, sound_cycle said:

@flak

Hi

I continue to be in like with v2.

I miss the gain and delay there was on V1.

I have an acoustically  horrible room, and find that the image centre is slightly off to one side. I had settled for using the delay slider to try and sort that out. I suppose that was not the best approach.

But that kludge/solution is not accessible with the beta. How to sort that out ? 

I also have a query about level matching before the measurement. The improvements to the interface make it more intuitive and informative. I find that it difficult to get both channels exactly the same, I suppose that the number presented is the average level, the best match I manage is +/- 0.2 db with the mouse. Does this matter.

Finally is this the place to post these or is there another preferred and proper way.

GR

Hi,

with reference to your image being slightly off to one side did you try lifting a bit the target curve of the channel on the other side leaving the first one untouched?

It will help us if you'll contact us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se/

thanks

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Hi,

we will be pleased to assist you if you'll contact us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se/

thanks

#339 Cont...

I checked the privacy setting. Dirac Processor has access to Mic (obvious), but I don’t see Dirac Live there (see screenshot). 

second screenshot shows Dirac Live throwing error and crashes. 

@flak am I missing anything? Lemme know if I need to raise a support ticket

70BFD80E-EC8D-401C-AF8A-E96FC1B7EAE4.jpeg

DC74BB52-59CF-48A1-9E9F-2243CF3CA653.jpeg

On 7/30/2019 at 12:21 PM, esbrewer said:

I am pretty sure my Mac mini of the same vintage thatr runs the older standalone Dirac is updated to 10.14.  Why would you be limited bon MacOS when it should update for free?  Am I missing something?  I have not messed around with the new beta yet.  I would like to but am concerned about all the issues people are reporting here and just want my system to work.

Hi,

if you'll want to test the standalone Dirac Live 2.x beta with High Sierra you should use version 2.2 from here:

https://live.dirac.com/all-released-versions/

you might find issues.. that's the purpose of beta testing and you may wait for an officially released version,

we have received positive comments though so I think you can try it if you want

On 7/31/2019 at 4:06 PM, Gerard said:

Please advise.

Hi,

we will be pleased to send you the DiracLiveProcessor if you will contact us from here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se/

thanks

3 hours ago, the.dude said:

I had similar issue. I just removed 0.9.23 from my 2011 MBP updated to Mojave via Dosdudes’s patch method. Rebooted and installed Processor ver 0.9.11 and I could select the UMIK1. 

Hope this works for you too. 

However in the next step once I click measure- DL 2.2.3 opens and throws an error “selected mic is disconnected” and crashes. Read in upthread that privacy settings might be blocking DL from accessing UMIK. Will fix that setting and report back. 

Thanks for the reply. I have logged a report with Dirac. See what comes out of it.

Thanks for the reply. I have logged a report with Dirac. See what comes out of it.

Would you please send me a PM with your ticket number in order to have a look at it?

Thanks

Version 2.2.3 of the Dirac Live calibration tool has brought some changes one has to be aware of..

- The mic should not be selected anymore in the Audio Settings of the DiracLiveProcessor, it should be selected in the "Select recording device" page after Dirac Live has been invoked.

- The DiracLiveProcessor will not find Dirac Live in the previous location because it has changed, the first time one clicks "Measure" in the DiracLiveProcessor it's necessary to point it to DiracLive.exe along this path:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Dirac\Live

Needless to say these complications will be avoided in the final release,

thanks for your time in testing it