IGNORED

Orwell and amazon.com (mqa free zone)

As audio devolves into internet based streaming music schemes, what are the dangers of such interconnected devices in our homes?

When Orwell wrote 1984, the idea of cameras and microphones in each home or public space was the stuff of science fiction. Now we can talk to Siri, Alexia as well as our televisions. Soon we will be able to voice order our washing machine to give us an extra rinse.

Orwell envisioned the government forcing surveillance into the home, we have invited surveillance. Will an innocent conversation about the relative merits of Bach v. Ringo Starr cause an unwanted flood of late Beatles music along with harpsichord advertisements?

It is a Brave New World.

[h=1]Nietzsche: "if you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you"?[/h]

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

That's Huxley. His vision, while disturbing, wasn't quite as grim as Orwell's. Is it too late to switch books?

Huxley's vision is also more proving to be the more prescient one - a culture where individuals are nothing but consumers and are kept placate by the manipulation of their most base desires - primarily sexual...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Since when are sexual desires "base"? Some of my desires are quite "deluxe," I'll have you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.