IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Another DOA Meridian product

I don't think you're the target market. More installer, which is quite profitable and something you'll struggle to sour.

If you want to have a go, they dropped Airplay from this product. Not a good move.

Meridian are an easy target for you guys, It doesn't change their history though and bang on as much as you like, there's some excellent, exceedingly well price Meridian audio gear out there that play music very well indeed. You've got the wrong guy...

13 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Which history would that be, the one where Meridian lost a cumulative £40 million with their fantastic product offerings and savvy business acumen?

The history where they made excellent hifi products, the first digital actives for instance. The Hifi history, not the money history. I thought this site was about Hifi, not money. Shoot me....

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Words to never be in the same sentence as Meridian. As evidenced by their continued multimillion pound losses.

Yup, as I said "soft target". For me it's about Hifi, not how much money a company makes. Their excellent products e.g. DSP speakers are exceedingly good value. But don't let listening to good music on good, cheap equipment distract the group from MQA hate...

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Guess the market must be dumb if it missed these great values.

errr actually yes Chris. I challenge you to pick up a pair of say 7200.2s, put a decent source throughout and listen. 

You believe the market is intelligent? Multi thousand dollar cables? Yes the market can be dumb but have a listen and speak from experience maybe...

2 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I'm not sure I would use the word "cheap" to refer to speakers that range in price from  £3,300.00 to £26,000.00 a pair.

List prices only. You can buy an excellent active speaker for £600, just add a streamer, you'd be amazed. Really.

I'm listening to a list price pair £18500, you can pick them up in mint condition for under £6000. 

List prices are mainly for the brand imaging...

There were bit niche but now you can just plug a streamer in, possibly the best kept secret in hifi...

4 minutes ago, botrytis said:

So what does that say?

Err people don't know how good they are? They are niche? They don't market them?

I doubt you've listened to many DSP speakers with a decent source input. 

This is about MQA hate, not hifi, it won't result in a serious conversation unfortunately. 

Get a pair of 6ks, get someone to re-cap the PS, possibly other caps. Probably $2500, stunning for the money. 

Hate blinds (and deafens).

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

They of course bought Sooloos and were too unsmart to keep it

Smart enough to spot the idea though.

This is in no way a sensible discussion, your combined hate blinds you to all the good stuff that there's been. 

Too unsmart to keep it? Smart move to let is go and to develop into what it is, if you kept a stake? Two ways to see a thing but with you guys you always try to turn good into bad. Sad.

Don't forget to have the last word though...Night

On 8/24/2019 at 5:13 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Remember, there’s no way judge complete formats. What tracks did you listen to?

also, remember that some MQA sounds far different from those who worked on the album say it should sound. If you like a flavor other than what the artist intended that’s totally OK. But, we shouldn’t mandate a flavor for everyone and that’s what MQA does.

Here we go, a guy likes the sounds and we have you lot pointing out why he shouldn't. Thought police.

There's only one way to listen to music, and it's guess what...MQA shouldn't instruct, we should.

Artist intended? Really?

I guess this makes me a "shill" rather than someone with a difference of opinion. 

I have a lifetimes worth of non MQA files, artists will release non MQA files, my DAC will see me out. Sorry I don't share your paranoia, get out more.

1 hour ago, botrytis said:

If people enjoy it, that doesn't bother me at all

Oh yes it does...

1 hour ago, crenca said:

However, the basis of this subjectivism rests on the objectively real - or it is nothing at all.  The current culture/hobby/industry of Audiophiledom is too too comfortable with the subjective con game...

You really should get out more...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It doesn't add up

It obviously does. I think "hanging out" isn't a good description, I just "pop in" to see if there is anything new and what sort of stuff the gang are going on about to keep the topic interesting.

"All things Bob Stuart" is another poor term, I suppose it's meant to be a sort of insult. Meridian make some good gear, you'll never know about it, you simply dislike by association. Nobody is interested in me anyway, I'm not interesting.

I'm not really bothered about MQA. Other motivations exist in life...

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Deflection and dissembling

Not a lot to deflect from. Dissembling, well if it makes you happy...

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't consider your following post to be just popping in

No indeed, that's a comment, popping in means clicking on a button and reading content. Not sure what your point is?