IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

58 minutes ago, Jud said:

Feigning incomprehension when called on a false claim.  I am so very not surprised

I responded to Chris's comment about pro MQA being conspiratorial or organised with a comment said that I felt it was anti MQA that was "organised". 

You then explain what a conspiracy was.

I'm still non the wiser. Chris thinks MQA support organised, I think anti MQA organised. You mentioned bankrolled etc (where did that come from I asked) I said it could be like minded people. After that yu are going on about I'm not sure what.

So that's what I read, what did I miss?

32 minutes ago, Jud said:

Notably, those who say criticism of MQA is unfair never seem to have "numbers attached."

People who say criticism is unfair would be adopting an unreasonable position to start with. Nothing wrong with criticism! I'm not that person. No graphs needed for my points.

20 minutes ago, firedog said:

So much better that it's impossible to listen to it and not be a convert.

Well I get that, but over egging it doesn't seem necessary and the hobbyists (well certainly some of them) do take on the appearance of vigilantes. It just makes for polarisation.

And out of curiosity, what is the aim of this counterargument? To convince others? The hostile attitude won't do that. To change the business model of MQA?

2 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

The aim is the liquidation of MQA Ltd.

Shame, quietly fading away might be more achievable . (for another conversation but I don't get how it's going to catch on, why would people buy it, there's no prospect of a monopoly, isn't it doomed anyway? but for another conversation)

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

Nice try but this is an old argument. There seems to one group of audiophiles saying all you are doing is giving them free publicity. Those that are upset that the audio press is criticized. 

It's not a "nice try" or an 'argument", it's an observation. If a number of people point that out, I guess you could call them a group (but why). Can't see the connection to the audio press?

Not sure where you're trying to go here...

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Based on what I’ve been told, back when I was on the MQA Ltd Christmas card list, the company would prefer this thread go away.

Well, things have changed, I wouldn't assume that still holds true. I don't see any damage being caused by this campaign and similar efforts on other fora. It could even embolden them, they may believe themselves more than otherwise. Thinks- If these experts are worried, maybe we will take over the world! 

I don't see the threat but you guys do.

12 hours ago, crenca said:

Here is a hard truth for some of you

This is just your opinion, it's not a truth or a hard truth. 

At least your true colours are there for all to see. 

This sort of thing and this anti MQA thing  is doing Audiophile style damage in my opinion. By all means make it a members only club but don't look back.

Hi Crinca, sure MQA works for me. I'm not in the photo, I didn't go. 

Didn't you notice my Ref 75SE sold? That's Acoustic Research (not owned by Meridian but I'll check). Also have Wilsons System 8s for sale, also not Meridian. My DAC also for sale Aqua La Scala (I didn't know Meridian owned them as well).

Hifi forums, don't you love 'em. All about hifi.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hey guys, if anyone wants to learn how to be profitable, Hugo from Meridian will tell you how. 

Given Meridian’s colossal money losses over the years, this tweet is comical. 

Schadenfreude, I guess it has a place here?

Install is their chosen marketplace, not consumer audio, so they probably aren’t tuned in. Not heard of Hugo before, chances are he joined after Meridian lost the money.

Small thing that people seem to forget in their MQA hate fest, Meridian actually make some excellent Hi-Fi gear. Sooloos bore Roon. Second hand DSP speakers are a huge Hi-Fi bargain. An excellent pair of digital active speakers, £500. Plug in a SPDIF source (Allo) and you would need to spend 10 times that to improve the sound (ps to Allo excepting). But hate away...

39 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

So you don't see the irony of a company that's lost money for years providing advice on how to make money to other businesses?

If that were the situation yes, but that wasn't the comment.

It's about a company with a poor profit record and someone who may have  just joined the company telling AV installers how to make money by adding zones to installs. 

Not very ironic, more like enjoying Meridian's lack of profit because you all hate MQA (and ignoring a great manufacturer of hifi) and involving a sales guy in the hate. No irony there, just spite. 

2 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Meridian’s operating losses where brought up to support the market has consistently rejected Bob Stuart’s ideas about sound

Wow, massive leap, could be anything else could it? Like he's no good at making money (good at hifi though) The MQA hate just goes on....

Meridian has produced excellent hifi, I've listened to a lot over the last last 30/40  years, excellent gear, still sounding excellent as well. I have gear I bought in 89, still sounding ... goes what ... excellent.