IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

57 minutes ago, botrytis said:

He should try John Williams - The Baroque Guitar. In MQA the strings sound like nylon strings not metal ones, and it is louder. There is a smearing which obviously is due to the filtering, etc. on MQA.  And this is a supposed high res MQA versus a FLAC CD rip.

Do a blind test, not sighted. That way you bias can't be triggered by the little blue light.

John Williams – The Baroque Album (1988) - As I have made quite clear before MQA works badly on those old tracks made up to a Level 1 or 2 those are just rubbish and shouldn't be listen to. At best the software that's used to create them is only taking a guess at the ADC's that were originally used. Only a post 2020 MQA Studio Master Track is worth listening to.

11 minutes ago, Fx Studio said:

I said the same thing for 2 years - and its in the first thing I said here!

But really it should be obvious that the software can't apply correction when the data it requires is unknown.

You've been digging for two years? Don't you get tired of being the only person in the world on this high horse?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, Fx Studio said:

Exactly - but if he had would the format have even got of the ground?

The attributes of a true snake oil salesman.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

11 hours ago, MarkHH said:

Control is what they got. The administrator's control ...

I don't think they are in control that was the problem. 

For the record companies to sign up to it they would have wanted and apparently got the ability to Encode MQA themselves.

MQA's marketing would have us believe that each track is handled by experts, possibly people with golden ears, perhaps musicians themselves with a deep understanding of music, and finally signed off by the artist themselves. In reality what probably happened was the music companies sent millions of there back collections to sub-contractors in India for encoding. Who's staff instead of giving each track the white glove treatment just hit the [..Generic ADC...] button each time and treated it like it was Bollywood.

That's why EDM music seems to be the only consistently good use of MQA because it doesn't involve human error.

There is no need to output the plugin file and send it to the publisher along with the master file for encoding which is required for other types of music - for example something that was mixed on a big mixing desk. With EDM/ house producer music like David Guetta/ Robin Schulz/ Nicky Romero etc... everything can be on the DAW.