IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

We now have a device (limited supply) that is 165 USD that can run the application:

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/products/sonoreupnp-bridge

Does your SonoreUPnP-bridge device support playing to the microrendu configured in MPD/DLNA mode ? At first sight, I do not see why it should not, since the microrendu behaves perfectly as a UPNP/DLNA renderer, when controlled with apps like BubbleUPnP, Lumin and Kazoo. What do you think?

Regards,

Does your SonoreUPnP-bridge device support playing to the microrendu configured in MPD/DLNA mode ? At first sight, I do not see why it should not, since the microrendu behaves perfectly as a UPNP/DLNA renderer, when controlled with apps like BubbleUPnP, Lumin and Kazoo. What do you think?

Regards,

It's not working with the microRendu configured in MPD/DLNA output mode.

Hi Jesus,

I'm a bit confused about the usage... Does this mean that the microRendu would work as a bridge (eg Roon to UPnP) and would not use the USB output? Or does it mean that whichever the input (Roon/HQP NAA/etc) it would play normally PLUS would serve a UPnP stream?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Hi Jesus,

I'm a bit confused about the usage... Does this mean that the microRendu would work as a bridge (eg Roon to UPnP) and would not use the USB output? Or does it mean that whichever the input (Roon/HQP NAA/etc) it would play normally PLUS would serve a UPnP stream?

No. You can use the SonoreUPnP Bridge and a USB output at the same time. HQ Player and NAA are not involved....just Roon -> Bridge -> DLNA / UPnP device.

No. You can use the SonoreUPnP Bridge and a USB output at the same time. HQ Player and NAA are not involved....just Roon -> Bridge -> DLNA / UPnP device.

Ok got it. Does the SonoreUPnP service start when the RoonReady service does? I cannot see anything in the microRendu settings that would indicate this, nor do I see a package named SonoreUPnP in the software packages section, nor was I able to find any information online on how this is supposed to be set up.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Ok got it. Does the SonoreUPnP service start when the RoonReady service does? I cannot see anything in the microRendu settings that would indicate this, nor do I see a package named SonoreUPnP in the software packages section, nor was I able to find any information online on how this is supposed to be set up.

It's a server and it runs all the time when it's installed. Only the output modes are switched on/off depending on the selection. This is beta software and its not listed in the product specification or talked about in the docs. On page 1 of this thread there is a complete how to guide:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-sonoreupnp-bridge-beta-30468/

It's a server and it runs all the time when it's installed. Only the output modes are switched on/off depending on the selection. This is beta software and its not listed in the product specification or talked about in the docs. On page 1 of this thread there is a complete how to guide:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-sonoreupnp-bridge-beta-30468/

I don't see a software package called "SonoreUPnP Bridge". Is it embedded in the Roon package for example?

system pics

No. It's stand alone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31472[/ATTACH]

I don't see that package in my mR. I'm running v2.3.

system pics

No. It's stand alone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31472[/ATTACH]

What do I need to do to see this app in "Available Apps"? I don't see it, and it's not in "Installed Apps" either. I am running sonicOrbiter v2.3.

system pics

What do I need to do to see this app in "Available Apps"? I don't see it, and it's not in "Installed Apps" either. I am running sonicOrbiter v2.3.

I had this same problem when I first came to it. I simply ran the updates again and it became visible.

Try it and let us know if it fixes your problem.

K

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had this same problem when I first came to it. I simply ran the updates again and it became visible.
Do you mean run the update in the system tab from 2.3 to 2.3? Thx.

system pics

Do you mean run the update in the system tab from 2.3 to 2.3? Thx.

Ok, yes, run the update and sure enough there it is. Thx.

system pics

Glad this worked - bit of a bug in the version reporting I suspect.

Well you might not want to create a major version (ie 2.4) for a fairly simple change of adding an app. I'm sure the subversion changed.

BTW, there's a typo in the package description (Squeexebox).

system pics

Well you might not want to create a major version (ie 2.4) for a fairly simple change of adding an app. I'm sure the subversion changed.

BTW, there's a typo in the package description (Squeexebox).

I can confirm that we did not update the version number. I located the typo..thanks.

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.4 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

Need feedback from Linn and Naim users.

bought microrendu for 2 reasons

to use with a chord mojo as study room system either with good quality headphones or

occasionally computer speakers - both work very well - sound excellent

also to allow sonore bridge with linn ds - music is playing but have few issues - occasionally stops needing re set of microrendu - volume within Roon does not match ds player ?my fault - also 192 tracks playing as wav (lpcm did not work) at 96 - again ?my fault - have set ds as upnp and not ds playlist -not sure if there is a difference

Couldn't get it to play past one song to my Naim Unitiqute, from a Vortexbox with LMS (7.7). Tried using both Squeezepad and iPeng. Could be prompted to skip to the next song but would just stop at the end of the first song (or whatever song was playing). Sounds good - a bit better than the UQ native I think, and will probably go up once I get my Xmas present of an LPS-1 for the rendu. :) Definitely testy with (my) office UQ at the moment. Works amazing with iPeng and my Naim DAC V1 in the main system (in Squeezelite mode I should add).

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab.