IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

Plus this software is Windows based, so it would require a Windows platform to be powered-on to provide the UPnP Bridge. I don’t want a noisy Windows machine in the playback path.

IMO this type of software is better running on a dedicated appliance or part of the server infrastructure. Given I use a NUC running Roon’s ROCK with my library on a NAS, a server based implementation is not possible, so dedicated appliance it is - which for me is a UltraRendu with UltraCap LPS 1.

1 hour ago, simon_pepper said:

Plus this software is Windows based, so it would require a Windows platform to be powered-on to provide the UPnP Bridge. I don’t want a noisy Windows machine in the playback path.

IMO this type of software is better running on a dedicated appliance or part of the server infrastructure. Given I use a NUC running Roon’s ROCK with my library on a NAS, a server based implementation is not possible, so dedicated appliance it is - which for me is a UltraRendu with UltraCap LPS 1.

Windows is enough to keep me from using it, but an option none the less. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, simon_pepper said:

If it helps anyone, I have mapped out how the music playback path within my network is connected, separating WiFi traffic, from other device traffic.
(taken out backup NAS units, printers, networked UPS, networked AV equipment etc.)
image.jpeg.ae1e666607bee358e15811d93397ce3e.jpeg

What a mess:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just getting started with SonoreUPnP Bridge app in the microRendu (current SW version 2.7).  Up until now the microRendu has been providing the NAA to HQPlayer.

In the bridge settings page, says Scan Complete.  However in the drop down of Available Renderers, list is empty.

For troubleshooting, loaded the BubbleUPnP for DLNA app on Android, connected to the same wifi LAN as the renderer.

And the BubbleUPnP app on Android finds the renderer.  And i can playback (and hear) few test songs from the NAS library to the renderer, dsd256 (native), 24 bit/352.8 Khz.

I must be doing something silly to screw up the bridge settings.

What can that be?

Perhaps BubbleUPnP has additional support for UPnP/DLNA that is not in SonoreUPnP bridge?

The renderer in this case is the Astell & Kern AK380 DAP.  

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.1bd4760e29ec34fe4e0553ab417ed852.png

And BubbleUPnP finds the renderer,

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, simon_pepper said:

New Roon release out today - includes a 'Autosleep' setting.

This appears in Device settings for the SonoreUPnP, what does this software do with this setting?

And what happens after the 30 minutes, say?

image.png.d27d51dedc29d796361908939bec71f6.png

Nothing happens.

I just got a pair of Devialet Phantom Reactor 600s and I've been using the Sonore UPnP Bridge to get Roon to them since they're not Roon Ready (yet). Everything works fine until the playback stops on it's own. It tries to go to the next song in the Playlist, but nothing plays. The only way to get it to restart playback is to start another album or Playlist. There's no consistent time that the play back stops...it can play for a couple of minutes or 10 minutes before it stops. My system is Google mesh wifi/router, microRendu 2.8, Intel NUC 8i7 running Windows 10 (current version) with the current version of Roon Server.  I've restarted everything (wifi router, microRendu, IntelNUC, etc.).  Has anyone run across this issue?  For comparison, I can run Audirvana in UPnP mode or BubbleUPnP or mConnect to the Devialets all day with no issues. Any suggestions appreciated.  

19 hours ago, clar2391 said:

I just got a pair of Devialet Phantom Reactor 600s and I've been using the Sonore UPnP Bridge to get Roon to them since they're not Roon Ready (yet). Everything works fine until the playback stops on it's own. It tries to go to the next song in the Playlist, but nothing plays. The only way to get it to restart playback is to start another album or Playlist. There's no consistent time that the play back stops...it can play for a couple of minutes or 10 minutes before it stops. My system is Google mesh wifi/router, microRendu 2.8, Intel NUC 8i7 running Windows 10 (current version) with the current version of Roon Server.  I've restarted everything (wifi router, microRendu, IntelNUC, etc.).  Has anyone run across this issue?  For comparison, I can run Audirvana in UPnP mode or BubbleUPnP or mConnect to the Devialets all day with no issues. Any suggestions appreciated.  

I have not heard of this issue.