IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 6.57.38 AM.png

DESCRIPTION

"Roonify" your DLNA/UPnP devices. The SonoreUPnP Bridge allows you to use Roon or Roon / Tidal to stream to DLNA/UPnP devices.

SPECIFICATION

- Gapless playback with Roon Server

- Selectable final stream types - LPCM or WAV

- Selectable maximum stream sample rate

- File Formats - typical file formats supported by the server

- Transmission from the server to Sonicorbiter is Squeezebox protocol

- Transmission from Sonicorbiter to DLNA/UPnP device is UPnP protocol

- PCM Sample Rates with Roon Server - up to 192kHz PCM

- DSD Sample Rates with Roon Server - DSD64 via DoP, DSD128 converted to PCM

737594472_ScreenShot2020-06-13at7_52_05AM.png.0f1a396fef5046a98b156c4953f91e83.png

flow diagram

COMPATIBILITY

Device (reported status, stream format) *special notes

- Sonore Rendu (confirmed, WAV)

- Sonore Signature Series Rendu (confirmed, WAV)

- Empirical Audio Interchange (confirmed, WAV)

- MSB DACs with the DLNA/UPnP network input module (confirmed, WAV)

- Bel Canto DLNA/UPnP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)

- DartZiel DLNA/UPnP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)

- XBOX One (confirmed, WAV)

- Linn (confirmed, WAV)

- Simaudio Moon (confirmed, WAV)

- Weiss legacy DLNA/UPNP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)

- Naim DLNA/UPnP capable devices (confirmed, LPCM)

- Melco DLNA/UPnP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)

- Trinnov DLNA/UPnP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)

- 4th generation Apple TV with 8Player app (confirmed, WAV)

- Auralic Aries Mini (confirmed, WAV)

- Hegel H360 (confirmed, WAV)

- Cambridge Audio DLNA/UPnP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)

- Olive DLNA/UPnP capable devices (plausible)

- PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MKI with Bridge 1 (plausible)

- PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MKll with Bridge 1 (plausible)

- Weiss 501/502 (plausible)

- DLNA/UPnP capable receivers and processors (plausible)

- Sonos Connect (busted)

- Oppo (busted)

- Arcam (busted)

USAGE

- Connect your server, Sonicorbiter, and your DLNA/UPnP capable device to your network

For Roon Server

- Disable any Logitech Media Servers on your network

- From Sonicorbiter go to Apps / Software Manager update your unit and install the application

- From Sonicorbiter go to Settings / SonoreUPnP Bridge, configure the application, and press Save

- From Roon go to Settings / Setup and Enable Squeezebox Support

- From Roon go to Settings / Audio Setup and Enable the SonoreUPnP Bridge under Networked

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 7.07.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 7.06.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 6.34.14 AM.png

KNOWN ISSUES

Multi-zone synchronization has not been incorporated

The DLNA/UPnP device needs to support LPCM or WAV streaming

AVAILABILITY

The SonoreUPnP Bridge application is available on the following hardware:

microRendu, ultraRendu, opticalRendu, microJukebox, and sonicTransporter series

LICENSING

Copyright © Simple Design, LLC

Hi Jesus

If you can add Lumin to the supported list it would be appreciated. I have a Lumin D1 in my secondary system in my study and it would be great to be able to send it hi res files via Roon.

Currently that is only possible to connect to the Lumin from Roon in airport mode which involves a lower resolution.

Thanks

The Audio Tragic

Main system: Mac Mini > Audiolense XO room correction (via Audirvana+ or HQPlayer) > Weiss DAC202 > Krell 302 > Revel Ultima2 Studio

Home office: QNAP NAS > Lumin D1 > Krell KAV-400xi -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M

Work: Mac Mini > HQP > NAA (Windows 10) >Uptone Regen > Exasound e12 > SPL Phonitor 2 > Audeze LCD-XC

Software players: Audirvana+, HQ Player, Roon, Lumin, optical internet

Hi Jesus

If you can add Lumin to the supported list it would be appreciated. I have a Lumin D1 in my secondary system in my study and it would be great to be able to send it hi res files via Roon.

Currently that is only possible to connect to the Lumin from Roon in airport mode which involves a lower resolution.

Thanks

I added it to the list...fingers crossed.

Hi

I may not get the full intention of this so if I have it wrong, I apologise and please be so kind as to clarify.

If I run LMS then:

1. I will not have to run Squeezelite mode

2. I can do away with the USB connection from a microRendu to my DAC, so long as that DAC has an ethernet input

3. The computer/ server running LMS, microRendu and DAC all have to be connected on the same LAN, wired or otherwise.

Is the above correct?

Do you anticipate an improvement in sonics from this?

Also, you list the older PS Audio Perfectwave DAC's but not the Directstream as being compatible. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

Hi

I may not get the full intention of this so if I have it wrong, I apologise and please be so kind as to clarify.

If I run LMS then:

1. I will not have to run Squeezelite mode

2. I can do away with the USB connection from a microRendu to my DAC, so long as that DAC has an ethernet input

3. The computer/ server running LMS, microRendu and DAC all have to be connected on the same LAN, wired or otherwise.

Is the above correct?

Do you anticipate an improvement in sonics from this?

Also, you list the older PS Audio Perfectwave DAC's but not the Directstream as being compatible. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

The intent is to simple provide Roon Server or LMS support for devices where it was not previously possible otherwise. On some devices there might be some overlap and you might be able to compare things. On most devices you will not be able to compare things. I'll let you decide what sounds best in your system and just provide guidance as needed.

I was looking to 'Roonify' my Classe Audio CP-800 mkII, using a Sonic Transporter and Microrendu to the USB input of the Classe.

But, if I understand this well, the UPNP Bridge, enabled on a Sonic Transporter, would eliminate the need for the Microrendu (and power supply, and usb cable), and allow me to use Roon trough the ethernet UPNP/DLNA input on the Classe Audio. That would greatly simplify my planned setup.

Any idea if the Classe Audio CP800 mkII would be compatible with the UPNP Bridge?

Tks.

I was looking to 'Roonify' my Classe Audio CP-800 mkII, using a Sonic Transporter and Microrendu to the USB input of the Classe.

But, if I understand this well, the UPNP Bridge, enabled on a Sonic Transporter, would eliminate the need for the Microrendu (and power supply, and usb cable), and allow me to use Roon trough the ethernet UPNP/DLNA input on the Classe Audio. That would greatly simplify my planned setup.

Any idea if the Classe Audio CP800 mkII would be compatible with the UPNP Bridge?

Tks.

Maybe, but we won't know until someone tries it:)