IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

On August 27, 2017 at 2:34 PM, meldano said:

Update: With the settings above sometimes I have the same skipping error.

With the Microrendu it is not possible to pause playback from roon and listen to music from another upnp server like asset (choose from the naim app).

I delete the upnp bridge, restart the microrendu, install the bridge app, restart the rendu.

No chance to get it stable.

Any help?

Daniel

You need to turn off any other UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers and just use Roon to serve / control things.

Following situation:

- Roon Core is running

- Naim NDX is running

- Router is active

- Music listening with this setup is possible

- roon pause

- power off microrendu

- wait some seconds

- power on microrendu 

After reboot the upnp bridge is not in running.

I don't switch off the roon core, naim streamer or router.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

You need to turn off any other UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers and just use Roon to serve / control things.

Jesus

I have even tried turning on FLAC compression however I will am still getting the song skipping.

The only other thing I have running is MINIM server (my Linn DS control points Kazoo and Lumin are off)

Are you suggesting I also shut down MINIM server and only use ROON to run the DS?

The reason I leave it running is to have the option of using Kazoo or Lumin if I want to

42 minutes ago, buzzlulu said:

Jesus

I have even tried turning on FLAC compression however I will am still getting the song skipping.

The only other thing I have running is MINIM server (my Linn DS control points Kazoo and Lumin are off)

Are you suggesting I also shut down MINIM server and only use ROON to run the DS?

The reason I leave it running is to have the option of using Kazoo or Lumin if I want to

There is not much more to configure. In Settings / SonoreUPnP Bridge there is the format type and that is pretty much it.  

10 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

There is not much more to configure. In Settings / SonoreUPnP Bridge there is the format type and that is pretty much it.  

So should I turn off Mininserver so that there is NO UPnP server running at all?  Do you think that would end the song skipping?

14 minutes ago, meldano said:

I think it is a software failure.

Why do you discuss it away ?

I try it with different router and upnp clients.

It's just not connecting for whatever reason. So either keep everything on so it stays connected or restart the application when it not connected. 

40 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

It's just not connecting for whatever reason. So either keep everything on so it stays connected or restart the application when it not connected. 

I am not really happy with this answer.

I buy the microrendu for a lot of money.

Is it so hard to programm a reconnect function after power on?

A system for a lot of hundred dollar wich is not really stable, without software care.

Daniel

1 hour ago, meldano said:

I am not really happy with this answer.

I buy the microrendu for a lot of money.

Is it so hard to programm a reconnect function after power on?

A system for a lot of hundred dollar wich is not really stable, without software care.

Daniel

The software automatically connects, but something in your system is preventing this. I understand that you paid a lot of money for the microRendu, but this application is noted as BETA software. You have stated that the FLAC setting in Roon allows you play music. If you are not content with having to restart the application then return the unit for a refund.     

• 1 month later...

Hello Vortecjr !

I'm new to the "Roon world" and would like to have the "Roon" benefits on the Linn system (Akurate Exakt + Akubarik Exakt) that will arrive in the next 2 weeks keeping the number ox boxes at low very level (I'm coming from a high level Naim system with 8 boxes !!!!). 

So if I buy a Sonictransporter can this machine work as Roon server and as UPNP bridge for my Linn Akurate ? Or do I have to have a Roon core server + a Sonore Microrendu/Sonicorbiter as UPNP bridge ?

Are there sonic differences between the 2 solutions ?

Thanks in advance for your reply and great compliments for your work.

Andrea

P.S. sorry if my question was answered before but I didn't understand everything and so I would be pleased to have a clear statement in order not to waste money.

The SonicTransporter is a computer with USB out - so you can use this as your Roon Core - but it won't get Roon working with your Linn Akurate by itself.

To use Roon with Linn products, you need to use the SonicOrbiter  http://www.sonore.us/Sonicorbiter.html (until Linn adds native Roon support)

Regarding the SonicTransporter, since you're getting an Exakt system, I assume you'll use Linn's Space Optimisation software to correct for the room, correct? If so, the i5 model should be enough for your system. However, if you plan to use Roon DSP, you'll need the i7 model.

FWIW, I have a Klimax DSM and use an i7 and the discontinued UPnP bridge to play Roon and it works great. The SonicOrbiter uses the same software so you can expect the same results. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

Hi ChrisG !

I received this official statement from Andrew Gillis (Sonore / Small Green Computers):

“Yes the sonicTransporter will run both Roon server and the UPnP bridge. It's all you need to get your Linn working with Roon”

So I will just need the Sonictransporter and no need to buy the Sonicorbiter: the transporter will do all the work !

Why do you say that the UPNP bridge is discontinued ? 

And yes, I will use the Linn space optimisation so no need for the Roon DSP engine.

Thank for your appreciated post.

4 hours ago, meldano said:

note: the upnp bridge is beta!

I have a lot if trouble with the bridge.

Reconnecting problems, play 24/192 tracks ...

You might be having a lot of trouble with Naim, but he is using Linn which the app works great with.

Sorry however for the sake of transparency I must comment.

I have a SonicOrbiter which I have been using since March with my Linn Klimax DS.

I agree with Melano and also have problems with the UpnP Bridge software randomly quitting - having difficulties restarting it - having it crash when selecting individual tracks and skipping around etc.  One hundred percent perfect operation it does not provide imho.

With that said I am willing to put up with its idiosyncracies so that I may play with ROON while I wait for Linn to come up with a native solution.  At $349 it is a solution I am willing to use in order to have some fun with ROON.

PS - just to add some clarification for some of the new posters - the UpnP Bridge is a software program written by Sonore.  It runs on hardware (SonicOrbiter, SonicTransporter etc.) made by Small Green Computer.