IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

I can give you a 60 day trial coupon for Roon if you want to try it.

Thanks so much for the offer but no need at the moment. I have tried it - it would be more a matter of hardware and cost right now. New iPad (I only have version 2), a machine to run the Core, etc. I did the trial on my Mac Pro, but that's my work computer and would rather have a bespoke machine for Roon. 1.3 looks like pretty great upgrade though...

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.10 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

Note: In Roon go to Settings / Audio and click on the sprocket next to SqueezeLite and select Device Setup and disable FLAC Compression.

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.12 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

Notes:

1. Linn users - use WAV without FLAC encoding in Roon.

2. Naim users - use PCM without FLAC encoding in Roon. Test PCM with FLAC encoding in Roon and let us know.

3. Everyone else - use WAV with FLAC encoding in Roon.

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.12 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

Notes:

2. Naim users - use PCM without FLAC encoding in Roon. Test PCM with FLAC encoding in Roon and let us know.

Tried updating from v. 1.0.10. Update messages looked similar to the ones I used to see with previous updates, so the update appears to have worked ok. However, in the settings pane, RoonBridge is still reported as beeing at v. 1.0.10. Tried to repeat the update, this time the messages indicated "nothing to do". Anything wrong ?

Tried updating from v. 1.0.10. Update messages looked similar to the ones I used to see with previous updates, so the update appears to have worked ok. However, in the settings pane, RoonBridge is still reported as beeing at v. 1.0.10. Tried to repeat the update, this time the messages indicated "nothing to do". Anything wrong ?

Hang in there the update did not get uploaded properly.

Update:

SonoreUPnP Bridge 1.0.13 was released today. Please update the unit and continue testing with it.

Notes:

• 2 weeks later...

Crew, I have an unmanaged switch into which, among other products, I have my SonicTransporter plugged into along with my Bel Canto REFLink renderer. I am finding that the ST is losing its network connection (and thus my Bel Canto DAC disappears as an audio output in Roon). It is easily fixable by unplugging the power from the ST and starting it up again. But then, it loses the network, usually within an hour.

Tiring to deal with. Would like to fix, period.

ST is running v2.3 of its firmware and v1.0.13 of the Sonore uPnP bridge firmware. Sonore uPnP bridge within ST sees the renderer on the network, even though the ST doesn't report its connection to Roon.

Core for Roon is an i7 computer built by Small Green Computer running W2012R with AO.

7 other DACs connected to core either via USB directly to the i7 core server or via RoonBridges using RPi3s. Those are all stable and don't lose network connectivity.

So this seems to be directly related to the ST itself and Sonore firmware within.

Wisdom appreciated. Thanks. JCR

Crew, I have an unmanaged switch into which, among other products, I have my SonicTransporter plugged into along with my Bel Canto REFLink renderer. I am finding that the ST is losing its network connection (and thus my Bel Canto DAC disappears as an audio output in Roon). It is easily fixable by unplugging the power from the ST and starting it up again. But then, it loses the network, usually within an hour.

Tiring to deal with. Would like to fix, period.

ST is running v2.3 of its firmware and v1.0.13 of the Sonore uPnP bridge firmware. Sonore uPnP bridge within ST sees the renderer on the network, even though the ST doesn't report its connection to Roon.

Core for Roon is an i7 computer built by Small Green Computer running W2012R with AO.

7 other DACs connected to core either via USB directly to the i7 core server or via RoonBridges using RPi3s. Those are all stable and don't lose network connectivity.

So this seems to be directly related to the ST itself and Sonore firmware within.

Wisdom appreciated. Thanks. JCR

Do you have FLAC encoding in Roon?

Well, here's what I have going:

In the SonoreuPnP Bridge Settings in the sonicTransporter, I have Output Format selected as WAV.

In Roon Settings>Audio>SqueezeLite (this is my Bel Canto DAC)>Device Setup, the "Use FLAC Compression" button is set to Yes.

Of course, when I first looked in Roon, the SqueezeLite player wasn't even there. Required a reboot of the sonicTransporter, and then it came up just fine. Wish it stuck! (And I hope you are on to something.). Thanks. JCR

Well, here's what I have going:

In the SonoreuPnP Bridge Settings in the sonicTransporter, I have Output Format selected as WAV.

In Roon Settings>Audio>SqueezeLite (this is my Bel Canto DAC)>Device Setup, the "Use FLAC Compression" button is set to Yes.

Of course, when I first looked in Roon, the SqueezeLite player wasn't even there. Required a reboot of the sonicTransporter, and then it came up just fine. Wish it stuck! (And I hope you are on to something.). Thanks. JCR

Can you restart the SonoreUPnP Bridge from the GUI instead of unplugging the power from the ST?

No plans to port it to other devices that are not based on Sonicorbiter.

I understand. I was just hoping to try out Roon without adding two more physical servers into the system. For now I will continue to work on getting Lumin to work right for me.

Reporting Auralic Aries Mini is working. Initially added the Bridge software before turning off Squeezebox support and lost the microRendu connection. Uninstalled Bridge software and started over, rebooting mR after every change. Worked perfectly. The Aries shows up under Squeezebox as a Squeezelite player with the mR IP address. I changed no other settings.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 2:41 AM, H-Man said:

Has anybody verified this function with KEF LS50 Wireless? 

Check the Roon forum for this. It seems to be working for people.

If I do this from a Sonicorbiter can it be plugged in to ether nut but not the Kef USB connection?  So through Kef ethernet so I don't have to with sources manually on the Kef's?

Hi

Relatively new user to the Sonicorbiter during the past 3 months.  I am using it as a temporary fix to enable ROON integration with a Linn DS.  For the first month or so UpnP Bridge worked fairly well.  The past month it has been extremely buggy and frequently crashes.

Today it is totally inoperative.  It will not restart and simply yields the message that it is not running.  The OS on Sonicorbiter is 2.3 - even though it says that 2.5 is available nothing installs and it remains at 2.3.

Sonore Bridge UpnP is 1.013.  I have uninstalled it and reinstalled.  It successfully installs  - however it will not run.

Starting to get frustrated