IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

Couldn't get it to play past one song to my Naim Unitiqute, from a Vortexbox with LMS (7.7). Tried using both Squeezepad and iPeng. Could be prompted to skip to the next song but would just stop at the end of the first song (or whatever song was playing). Sounds good - a bit better than the UQ native I think, and will probably go up once I get my Xmas present of an LPS-1 for the rendu. :) Definitely testy with (my) office UQ at the moment. Works amazing with iPeng and my Naim DAC V1 in the main system (in Squeezelite mode I should add).

Linn and Naim support is touch and go right now:)

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly version 1.0.5 seems to have broken the ability to work with the Melco N1. I have tried cycling power, start, restart at least 10 times - but the Melco is never recognised as a renderer. Any ideas please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The discovery aspect was not changed...just bug fixes for playback.

Thanks vortecjr - any ideas why I can no longer see the Melco renderer then - there has been no SW changes at that end.

Have you pressed refresh on the gui page so it rescans? Make sure no other controllers are active. You could try power cycling the gear (including your router) on the network.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, cool, somehow I thought this was software based rather than an extra component. Will investigate further. Not worried about the cost per se, was just somehow expecting a software plug.

The first post suggest the SSR is on the compatible device list, so I am bit confused. If I were to get one of those, what is the point of the SSR then?

Have you pressed refresh on the gui page so it rescans? Make sure no other controllers are active. You could try power cycling the gear (including your router) on the network.

It started working again. I updated to 1.06 and it's there.

Some strange things happening with network recognition. I did reboot all the devices and the router - before upgrading and still not recognised.

Now we are back running.

It started working again. I updated to 1.06 and it's there.

Some strange things happening with network recognition. I did reboot all the devices and the router - before upgrading and still not recognised.

Now we are back running.

That is strange.

Feedback from a Linn User: Roon Server QNAP TS-453A, SONICORBITER SE - LINN Klimax Exakt DSM. Setup as described in post #1 with a limit to 192 kHz and Wave.

Everything is running smoothly, SQ very satisfying. Only issue, songs downloaded with 192 kHz 24 bit will be played but with a sample rate conversion of 96kHz. Have tried to restart system and to play first a 192 one but no it is also downrated to 96kHz.

If i use the Sonicorbiter with my Schiit Bifrost Multibit, then the songs are played at full rate.

If needed i can test also the Sonore setup with a Linn Majik and Sneaky, but i fear it will be the same problem.

Btw, my respect to Jesus for a well developed and supported device as the Sonicorbiter SE is. I am not used to see such devotion combined with such competence.

If you want me to run some tests, no problem, but my computer skills are also "downrated".

Feedback from a Linn User: Roon Server QNAP TS-453A, SONICORBITER SE - LINN Klimax Exakt DSM. Setup as described in post #1 with a limit to 192 kHz and Wave.

Everything is running smoothly, SQ very satisfying. Only issue, songs downloaded with 192 kHz 24 bit will be played but with a sample rate conversion of 96kHz. Have tried to restart system and to play first a 192 one but no it is also downrated to 96kHz.

If i use the Sonicorbiter with my Schiit Bifrost Multibit, then the songs are played at full rate.

If needed i can test also the Sonore setup with a Linn Majik and Sneaky, but i fear it will be the same problem.

Btw, my respect to Jesus for a well developed and supported device as the Sonicorbiter SE is. I am not used to see such devotion combined with such competence.

If you want me to run some tests, no problem, but my computer skills are also "downrated".

If you use the UPNP settings in SonicOrbiter/mRendu and change the max renderer bit rate setting to 384khz. You will find that 192 kHz files play fine

ER / Geisman OXCO / Grimm MU1  / Dutch & Dutch 8C / Townshend Seismic Isolation

HP - SMSL Sanskrit 10th A’ , Woo Audio WA5 LE, Hifiman HEK v2

Tried 1.08 with my Unitiqute last night. Progress in that I can now move to the next track(s) and back if need be. But now the stop/pause no longer works on the player control, and can only stop using the Naim remote (no physical controls on the UQ). Also tracks timed out at times (going to recheck this today). So almost there methinks. Does sound cleaner through Bridge.

Tried with Squeexpad, Squeezeplay, and Peng, all with similar results. Perhaps there's a setting in LMS that needs to be changed? I run LMS 7.7 on my Vortexbox and either use Squeezelite mode on the rendu, or use LMS on the rendu for radio access (VB won't for some reason) and access the VB music via the remote library function.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Having recognition problems of Bridge now as well. It will work, and then disappear from the network. Or I can get it to show up on Peng on one iPad, but not the controllers on the other. Making sure I'm only using one at at time and have restarted everything. It's just flakey I guess - as it stands definitely not worth the time and fuss to get it working.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

The last couple of updates have been incremental fixes for Linn and Naim and based on using Roon as the server. This has come at the expense of LMS support. I'm going to pull support for LMS as a server in the product description. It will still work with some devices, but the main focus going forward will be with Roon as the server.

Thanks Jesus, and no worries, my UQ in the office sounds fine as it is just curious if it would work. I haven't gone Roon yet and probably not for some time considering the hardware and expense involved. Bought a new Leica M10 last week (I'm a pro photographer) and I think my hifi spending is on a long hiatus for awhile...

Thanks Jesus, and no worries, my UQ in the office sounds fine as it is just curious if it would work. I haven't gone Roon yet and probably not for some time considering the hardware and expense involved. Bought a new Leica M10 last week (I'm a pro photographer) and I think my hifi spending is on a long hiatus for awhile...

I can give you a 60 day trial coupon for Roon if you want to try it.

Special Note:

I just streamed from Room to my Apple TV. The Apply TV is connected to my Sony TV via HDMI cable. This "should" work via HDMI into any TV, receiver and or processor.

Pre-requisites:

1. Install 8Player on the Apply TV and enable it as a Renderer.

2. Install BubbleUPnP Server on SonicOrbiter and make 8Player an OpenHome Renderer.

3. From Settings / SonoreUPnP Server select 8Player (OpenHome), select WAV, and press save.

Please test in stereo and multichannel.