IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

Hi buzzlulu,

thanks! I thought the system was up to date.

After updating the microrendu, it seems that the upnp bridge is everytime in run.

But the system is not really stable :(

I set the upnp bridge to pcm output and disable flac compression.

in this case I can not listen to some tracks. Roon skips the tracks after some seconds.

With enabled flac compression it seems o.k.

Do you have a stable system ?

Daniel

Update: With the settings above sometimes I have the same skipping error.

With the Microrendu it is not possible to pause playback from roon and listen to music from another upnp server like asset (choose from the naim app).

I delete the upnp bridge, restart the microrendu, install the bridge app, restart the rendu.

No chance to get it stable.

Any help?

Daniel

Are all these devices connected directly to your router via Ethernet? If not, I suggest you start there. Also, if you just setup Roon and you are indexing a large library this will take time to settle down in the background and the process can cause these kinds of issues.  

6 hours ago, meldano said:

And the skipping problem ?

Hi Jesus

I randomly notice the same "skipping" problem with ROON every now and then (even before the Bridge update) 

Best 

Gregg

(the one who emailed with you informing of the Bridge problems before the update fix)

14 hours ago, buzzlulu said:

Hi Jesus

I randomly notice the same "skipping" problem with ROON every now and then (even before the Bridge update) 

Best 

Gregg

(the one who emailed with you informing of the Bridge problems before the update fix)

There hasn't been a bridge update in some time. The only update was to the web software that starts the application. I'm not aware of ant code in the bridge that can make Roon skip content it's trying to play. I had Meldano look at the connections as a matter of protocol only. 

43 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

There hasn't been a bridge update in some time. The only update was to the web software that starts the application. I'm not aware of ant code in the bridge that can make Roon skip content it's trying to play. I had Meldano look at the connections as a matter of protocol only. 

The random skipping in ROON which I am referring to (and Meldano is talking about) has actually existed in my system since I purchased my Sonicorbiter back in May.

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Any switches, optical, or wireless gizmos? Have you tried to delete your library and point Roon to your content again. 

No, only one router with RJ45 cable connection.

Connect directly to the roon core, naim ndx and sonore microrendu.

Next days I will try another router model.

Wich library I have to delete?

Not really good news that other users have the same problem  :( 

Daniel

However - perhaps this is a ROON problem and not a Bridge problem ???

For me this happens when I am playing from a saved playlist of around 40 songs.  If I quickly play 10 second snippets of each song and quickly bounce around from song to song that is what sets ROON off - it then starts skipping from song to song however there is no longer any sound output - just muted silence.

The other funny thing is each time I hit play for a song (this is before the bad behavior) I see a pop up that some random number of songs have been added to the playlist - something like 35 songs etc.  So if I play only 10 second snippets and each time I select a song it indicates it is adding 35 to the playlist it is like perhaps I have overwhelmed ROON and quickly have told it to play 100-200 songs rapid fire

8 hours ago, buzzlulu said:

The random skipping in ROON which I am referring to (and Meldano is talking about) has actually existed in my system since I purchased my Sonicorbiter back in May.

We have had no updates to the application since before that.

2 hours ago, buzzlulu said:

However - perhaps this is a ROON problem and not a Bridge problem ???

For me this happens when I am playing from a saved playlist of around 40 songs.  If I quickly play 10 second snippets of each song and quickly bounce around from song to song that is what sets ROON off - it then starts skipping from song to song however there is no longer any sound output - just muted silence.

The other funny thing is each time I hit play for a song (this is before the bad behavior) I see a pop up that some random number of songs have been added to the playlist - something like 35 songs etc.  So if I play only 10 second snippets and each time I select a song it indicates it is adding 35 to the playlist it is like perhaps I have overwhelmed ROON and quickly have told it to play 100-200 songs rapid fire

I would avoid doing that. The bridge needs to translate the command in real time and it's meant to pass simple commands one at a time. The playlist issue could be a user input error or a Roon issue. Either way it seems beyond our scope here.    

Following Problem:

1. The Roon Core, Router and bridge powered on

2. Switch the Naim NDX on

3. Choose an album an press "Play Album" button

4. After small delay the first track play

5. Some seconds later automatic skip to the next track

6. to the next, to the next...

from begin to end

Choose a new album > same failure :(

Test with two different router.

Jesus, do you have a solution for me?

Thanks very much.

5 hours ago, meldano said:

I play around settings...

If I set "Flac Compression" on (Roon device settings) no skipping adventures.

Will try later on/off several devices.

Good catch! This might explain the skipping. Roon plays a title from a playlist and the first title is not played because the stream format is not supported. The player reports that its done and moves on to the next titles and the process repeats until the playlist is exhausted. Enabling FLAC Compression allows Roon to stream in a supported format.