IGNORED

New exaSound e32 and e38 DACs with DSD 256 at TAVES Show This Weekend

exaSound has announced that they will be showing their new e32 Stereo and e38 Multichannel DACs with DSD 256 this weekend at the TAVES Consumer Electronics Show in Canada. Both feature the new ESS ES 9028Pro DAC chips.

exaSound e32 Stereo DAC with DSD 256.jpg

TAVES Consumer Electronics Show - exaSound To Unveil New Reference DACs at TAVES

Discoveries at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2016 - Positive Feedback

exaSound Audio Design > e32 > e32 DAC Overview

• 2 weeks later...

Still not seeing the e38 on the Exasound site?

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

I guess it's just a matter of time...

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

What is new about the e32 compared to the e22 Mk II besides the 9028PRO?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

OUCH - no more balanced outputs???

The e38 Multichannel DAC with DSD 256 is now on the exaSound web site.

Price is $3,849.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30609[/ATTACH]

e38 8-Channel DAC

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

OUCH - no more balanced outputs???

I don't think the e28 had balanced outputs. (I think the DAC would need to be in a bigger case to accommodate them.) The e22/e32 does, however.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

What is new about the e32 compared to the e22 Mk II besides the 9028PRO?

The e32 has significant improvements in the way DSD128 and DSD256 are handled. The new DAC chip, the es9028pro requires new circuit board design and new firmware. There are numerous stability improvements. The drivers are updated to control the SPDIF/TOSLINK/USB input selection. The appearance of the front and rear plates is upgraded.

The Mini-XLRs that we used on the e28 are less convenient than classic XLRs and had limited appeal. We can custom-make a balanced version of the e38 DAC, but we won't have it as a standard stocked model.

If you have any e28's around with or without Mini-XLRs I might be interested in a close out price :) Please PM me if that's ok?

The e32 has significant improvements in the way DSD128 and DSD256 are handled.

I'd appreciate some more detail about these improvements. Thank you.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Finally the E38 appears on the website! I note it is RCA only. Any plans for an XLR version?

I also surmise from the THD and IMD figures (comparing the E32 to E38): 0.0002% for E32, 0.0036% for E38; and -140dB for E32 and -124dB for E38 ... that the E32 uses a single ESS9028 in summation mode, but the E38 uses a single 9028 for all 8 channels?