IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

41 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

Tried for 5 Days ,.. gave up trying to load WinServer2019 onto a USB Stick

Rufus and loaded WinServer 2019 onto my 64gb SSD of my 8650U i7 quad core.. First mode was Core mode No GUI Data Exchange version.. Loaded everything ..Ok ..Then problem

Ran into trouble Hqplayer had a 0xc000007b exe error.. Tried all solutions.. Couldnt get it to work.. Reloaded the GUI modecof the Data Exchange version. Reloaded drivers and Hqplayer 3.5.2..WORKED At first trial.. 73 processes and loaded free version of Fidelizer 8

67 processes now

The i7 quad core 8650u fanless server replaced my i7 6700k highly filtered server..-The NAA us the SOTM SM200 Ultra Neo:Isoregen/LPS1.0/Ultracap/LT3045 to iFi idsd micro BL .. 2 AN Quest Silver 300b mono driving Senn HD800

Comparision to Win2016 Core running on my i7 6700k .. the 8650u can do DSD 256 44k upsampling using Non-adaptive filters 

A slightly noisier than my 6700k .. on live albums not so black background

But using my fav test tracks.. WinServer 2019 is a Winner.. I am buying another Another SSD load it to my 6709k and do a closer comparison

It is a WINNER.. better tonality sweeter treble and better bass.. maybe the fanless 8650u is the reason but let the second SSD Trial we will see!!

I used my own CF Card guide to apply server 2019 core to a (bootable) USB stick, worked like a charm. You can try this too: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/1141-guide-how-to-properly-set-up-windows-server-2012-on-a-cf-card/

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I'm currently testing some more operating system options, and I have some interesting remarks:

- The version of Windows Server 2016 I use is build 14393, which I can install on an 8GB .vhd and occupies 7.5GB of that .vhd with everything installed (JPLAY and Audiophile Optimizer).

- The latest Windows Server 2016 version I tested (build 17763) can only be installed on a 9GB .vhd, occupies 8.5GB of this .vhd with everything installed.

- I'm doing experiments with Windows Server 2019 (build 17763.253) and I'm surprised. I was able to install it in a .vhd of only 7GB and, with JPLAY FEMTO installed (without the Audiophile Optimizer), it occupied only 6.3GB of this .vhd. Still, with no optimization, I noticed that Windows needs 0.9GB of RAM to run, which indicates that with the Audiophile Optimizer approximately 0.5GB of RAM will be needed. This means that we will be able to make Windows Server 2019 work via RAM on computers with only 8GB installed, with a good leftovers. I haven't listened to it, and I may have been waiting for the Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 for this, but I think we can be optimistic...

Hi Felix

Good to see you on the Beta Forum for AO

I came across your posts on RAMDISK for WinServer2016

I have it on my SSD already So I decided try it for WInServer 2019

Really went NO Loaded the Iso, Did the Firadisk Registry File, Did Bootice, Booted UP and I get loading error of winserver file when on UEFI booting.

Dont know how to use your files on Google Drive.

Any quick solution like you post your tested solution with clearer instructions how to clone it on to a USB 3.0 stick.

THanks a million in advance.

Hi, Kelvin.

I've never worked with ISO files for this purpose (I never managed to make it work.), just as VHD virtual disk files. About the files I shared in Google Drive, their purpose is fully described in the instruction manual I shared. Did you read it?

I have a specific topic for RAMdisk with Windows Server 2016 and, as soon as the Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 is released, I'll also direct it to Windows Server 2019. I ask you to post there about any doubts, to avoid off topics in this one.

Thank you!!!

PS.: regarding clone the Windows to a USB 3.0 stick, once you did everything correctly, there's no secret: it's just copy and paste...

9 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

AudiophileShell 3.00

What is this?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hi, Phil. I already sent you the e-mail and I'm waiting for an answer. I was left with some doubts:

- Which Windows do you recommend, Standard or Essentials?

- In my case, I've already used three of the five licenses of the Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20. You said that the two v. 3.00 BETA licences will be unlinked from v. 2.20, right? I ask why I want to test it in the Audio-PC (where I've been using the Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20 for a long time) and also in a Windows Server-based notebook. It turns out that in the notebook I never installed the Audiophile Optimizer. Does that mean I'll need to use a license, or will the two remain there? I wouldn't want to use a "real" license with this notebook.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, FelipeRolim said:

Hi, Phil. I already sent you the e-mail and I'm waiting for an answer. I was left with some doubts:

- Which Windows do you recommend, Standard or Essentials?

- In my case, I've already used three of the five licenses of the Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20. You said that the two v. 3.00 BETA licences will be unlinked from v. 2.20, right? I ask why I want to test it in the Audio-PC (where I've been using the Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20 for a long time) and also in a Windows Server-based notebook. It turns out that in the notebook I never installed the Audiophile Optimizer. Does that mean I'll need to use a license, or will the two remain there? I wouldn't want to use a "real" license with this notebook.

Thank you!

Hi Felipe

If license/costs is no conscern for you then i would go Standard. Otherwise Essentials is fine too, The ServiceTool will strip out the additional components the essentials edition normally would have in comparision to the standard edition.

Yes of course the activation counter for AO 3.00 beta is seperated. Your current 2.20 activation counter (your "real" license) will be untouched, no worries at all.

All activations needed to test AO 3.00 beta are of course offered by us. Just be sure to use the beta activation portal from my email and not the regular one from the publicly visible homepage :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

14 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

It basically is a "launcher tool". You can either set it as shell replacement, or you can just run it by typing "as" and press enter. It is very early stage yet, but i see a lot of potential for it. The beta phase will give all of you the chance to help to shape and form it to your needs :)

image.thumb.png.ef2c0a413915fc13b8ba257afd184126.png

Ooooh nice! Nice to see OSK in there.

Phil, until when can we apply for the beta?

The beta phase will certainly be for more than a few weeks, so please feel free and go ahead if you like :)

Sadly the OSK does not work in Core. The needed graphical components are missing. but it was a nice idea..

AO Beta testing has begun...

AO 3.0 has been successfully installed and running on a fresh installation of WS2019 Standard (i.e. Core).  Beside a few items not yet available in AudiophileShell 3.0, there're no problems getting music playback from the Beta setup.

One observation:  after getting out to Command Line from the AudiophileShell, attempt to run Q-Dir failed eventhough Q-Dir had been copied to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and later on Q-Dir can be run from Task Manager or from a more "normal" command line mode.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

12 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

Hi Thuandb - Your WinServer 2019 Core mode? No GUI

What Music playback software have you loaded.

I tried my JRiver MC 24 64bit - also did not load.

THX

Did you say yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support" during AO run? JRiver (and most other players) will not work in Core without that.

No I have been trying to load HQPlayer and JRiver MC just with plain Taskmgr.exe in core

That was on the weekend when I dont have the AO 3 Beta (which u released just )

Ha Ha I have forgotten that for my WinServer 2016 the HQPlayer loading was AFTER AO2.20

okay SO i can go back to Data Exchange / Core Mode and load AO3 before I do the HQPlayer and JRiver loading.

BTW is the COre Mode of Data Exchange Much more Stripped down than the Standard or the Essentials

AudioPhil - Your opinion.. is there a SQ difference between the 3 versions of 2019Server?

Thx

THx