IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi 

installed Beta 3.0 / 31 on another SSD drive on the same machine. the reason is that i want to compare GUI vs Core in Windows server 2019.

i ran AO in Ultimate mode, installed Roon Server. until reboot the Roon Control is working fine, after reboot it seems that the Roon server is not starting in the background. also i noticed that Fidelizer 8.3 is not showing well in Shell mode and you cannot choose startup application.

anything i am missing

FYI, the issue below happened because a file named sc.bat was present under c:\

Under Windows Server 2019 Standard No GUI evaluation:
Connection to Internet: UP
Via cmd: run Setup.exe AO 3.0 Beta:
C to continue: ->OK
A to accept and continue: ->A pressed
The cmd Window    disappears
Under TaskManager: AudiophileOptimizer Setup 3.00 (32 bit)    disappears
Nothing else ..

Hmmm, that's done

Phil, some new issues i am seeing now on 2019 Core:

1.- Roon server not starting after reboot(wrote that before) - installed correctly

2.- Jplay 7.0(Classic)ASIO does not appear on Roon Audio settings - installed and activated correctly

3.- PSAudio NUwave DAC does not appear on Roon Server - no errors on installation

All of this is working fine on server 2019 GUI(second SSD i have)

39 minutes ago, alicenir said:

Hi 

installed Beta 3.0 / 31 on another SSD drive on the same machine. the reason is that i want to compare GUI vs Core in Windows server 2019.

i ran AO in Ultimate mode, installed Roon Server. until reboot the Roon Control is working fine, after reboot it seems that the Roon server is not starting in the background. also i noticed that Fidelizer 8.3 is not showing well in Shell mode and you cannot choose startup application.

anything i am missing

Yes you are. You need to set roonserver as shell replacement if you want it to automatically launch after login.

alternatively you have to manually launch it, but i prefee the first option by far. Especially combined with Autologon...

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

22 minutes ago, Gato said:

FYI, the issue below happened because a file named sc.bat was present under c:\

Under Windows Server 2019 Standard No GUI evaluation:
Connection to Internet: UP
Via cmd: run Setup.exe AO 3.0 Beta:
C to continue: ->OK
A to accept and continue: ->A pressed
The cmd Window    disappears
Under TaskManager: AudiophileOptimizer Setup 3.00 (32 bit)    disappears
Nothing else ..

Hmmm, that's done

What is sc.bat?

____________________________________________________________________________________

12 minutes ago, alicenir said:

Phil, some new issues i am seeing now on 2019 Core:

1.- Roon server not starting after reboot(wrote that before) - installed correctly

2.- Jplay 7.0(Classic)ASIO does not appear on Roon Audio settings - installed and activated correctly

3.- PSAudio NUwave DAC does not appear on Roon Server - no errors on installation

All of this is working fine on server 2019 GUI(second SSD i have)

It seems you are new to core? :) all tbis is normal „if you do things the wrong way“.

sorry, i suggest you stick to GUI. I don‘t have to capacity to guide you through all this. (Or you need to read my guides and pdf manual)

19 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

It seems you are new to core? :) all tbis is normal „if you do things the wrong way“.

sorry, i suggest you stick to GUI. I don‘t have to capacity to guide you through all this. (Or you need to read my guides and pdf manual)

Phil,

i am not new to Core. and i am familiar with CMDLETS.

i am using Core for few years already on 2012R2 and had no issues, didn't move to 2016 and jumped directly to 2019

2016/2019 is quite a bit different than 2012 R2. This is the „problem“ in your case.

please study my guides and posts 👍🏼

On 1/30/2019 at 8:41 PM, AudioPhil said:

Thanks a lot for this report :)

1. Absolutely normal, by design, and works like this since many years. The message you have seen is from the automatically launched ServiceTool which does a reset after the installation of the new AO. It does this for you so you don't have to do it yourself. The update process is exactly the same since many years, please see detail instructions in PDF guide. AO update takes around 1-2 minutes, not more and all done automatically.

You're welcome :)

If I understand correctly what happened is normal in an update situation. Going from one beta to the next for example. The thing is I wasn't updating but running AO for the first time after a clean Windows install. To read such message from AO didn't make one bit of sense and I couldn't connect the dots it was actually ST, for some strange reason.

2. Yes by design and nothing to worry about.

Yes, small stuff. Just obviously different in my experience from how AO behaved previously.

3. perfectly normal. setup.exe will give you devmgmt.msc. AO -wasapi will add the sound control panel. It would be a bad thing having a useless sound conotrol panel right after setup :) Makes only sense to make this available when its acutally working.

For beginners like myself who are relying on the manual it's far from obvious AO -wasapi does the trick. Yes, page 43 😥 but not at all clearly in relation to the sound panel even if mentioned on page 44. As I interpret that piece of information there is no connection between them. When the time is right I volunteer for proofreading and constructive feedback if you like.

The custom shell instruction will be tried out as soon as possible. Probably the weekend.

12 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

2016/2019 is quite a bit different than 2012 R2. This is the „problem“ in your case.

please study my guides and posts 👍🏼

Hi,

i read the guides one more time and followed exactly like it is written.

it is not difficult....i installed the server 2019 and installed the network driver using the driver helper.

installed PS Audio DAC driver and rebooted. installed Roon Server and started Roon on my laptop but still there was no PS Audio source to choose.

i uninstalled the PS Audio driver and installed it back using the driver helper at least 8 times and eventually it appeared in Roon.

for the Roon server to strat up i choose instead of Roon Shell the Fidelizer option to start the media app.

i'll keep following

BTW - after i installed the server 2019 there was no Network card and i could install using the PNPUTIL, driver helper was not there because there is no internet connection. anyway i connected usb to lan cable install manually the ethernet driver after which i had internet connection than i could install AO3.0 / 31 and use the devmgmgt to install the onboard lan driver.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:29 PM, moriez said:

If I understand correctly what happened is normal in an update situation. Going from one beta to the next for example. The thing is I wasn't updating but running AO for the first time after a clean Windows install. To read such message from AO didn't make one bit of sense and I couldn't connect the dots it was actually ST, for some strange reason.

Hi

This code does just not exist in AO, it exists only in ServiceTool. You can always see in the title bar which application is actually running.  Please send me a screenshot or even better a video via email so I can have a look at it if you still think the message came from AO and not ST. Thank you! :)

Thats it i surrender.

Installed back my original SSD drive and wanted to install server 2019 again but the DAC driver(ps audio neuwave dac) just wasnt showing on Roon control. No matter what i tried, driver helper, install.cmd remove and installed seceral times the dac driver which worked on the previous ssd drive but nothing.

Reverted back to server 2019 gui and everything is running smooth.

3 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

This code does just not exist in AO, it exists only in ServiceTool. You can always see in the title bar which application is actually running.  Please send me a screenshot or even better a video via email so I can have a look at it if you still think the message came from AO and not ST. Thank you! :)

Ok! For the sake of beta testing I'm going to reinstall. Mysteriously, these type of things can never be reproduced in my experience LOL 

On 1/30/2019 at 2:33 PM, Anto said:

Unfortunately you have to disable the driver signature every time you start! I have already tried in every way already with windows server 2016 core without finding any solution

I also have this problem now and disables driver signature every time when I start. I do not know how to solve?

4 hours ago, qyy said:

I also have this problem now and disables driver signature every time when I start. I do not know how to solve?

Disable "SecureBoot" in BIOS/UEFI.