IGNORED

Focusrite REDNet

You were absolutely right, Aleg.

I made the changes you recommended and now I have the connection I wanted between the D16 and my server.

Next challenge. No sound. I've seen that latency settings on the device and the Dante virtual sound card or maybe the Rednet controller could have something to do with that.

I'll gladly take any suggestions on that front.

Thanks very much for help.

Joel

Make sure sample rate in RedNet control SW is set to match audio file. Here are snapshots of my RedNet Control SW and ASIO virtual sound card. I changed the latency in the soundcard to the lowest setting (4ms). This allows me to play 192Khz.

Capture 3.JPG

Also, don't forget to make sure the ASIO virtual sound card is selected in whatever playback sw you are using.

RN Control.JPG

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

As long as I'm asking questions:

1. Should the Dante Virtual Soundcard show up as a Windows playback device? Mine doesn't.

2. Is there any setting I should enable to make sure I'm outputting from the D16 via my AES output?

What else might be keeping me from outputting sound from my D16 to my system?

Joel

As long as I'm asking questions:

1. Should the Dante Virtual Soundcard show up as a Windows playback device? Mine doesn't.

2. Is there any setting I should enable to make sure I'm outputting from the D16 via my AES output?

What else might be keeping me from outputting sound from my D16 to my system?

Joel

@joelha scroll up to see my comments about Dante Virtual Soundcard on Windows; ASIO or WDM but not both.

Someone over at Headfi claims they've been able to do a workaround with a virtual audio cable solution.

We really need someone at Audinate to empathize with the need for simultaneous existence of WDM and ASIO devices. Note that I asked Focusrite if their rednet PCIE card would allow both and answer is no - in fact the card is ASIO only according to Focusrite.

@joelha scroll up to see my comments about Dante Virtual Soundcard on Windows; ASIO or WDM but not both.

Someone over at Headfi claims they've been able to do a workaround with a virtual audio cable solution.

We really need someone at Audinate to empathize with the need for simultaneous existence of WDM and ASIO devices. Note that I asked Focusrite if their rednet PCIE card would allow both and answer is no - in fact the card is ASIO only according to Focusrite.

Thanks for the feedback, jaynyc.

My Dante Soundcard is set to asio and 4ms. As for wdm devices, do I need to delete the other drivers from my system?

My sample rate setting on everything is 44.1 for now. Still no sound.

I'm not giving up but am running out of options to try.

Still open to suggestions.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

You guys have been great.

Joel

One more thing.

My Windows playback device is now showing "remote device".

Is that what I want?

Joel

Mine does also and I am getting sound via JRMC. You need to choose the ASIO driver from within your playback application.

If you are using ASIO I think that it bypasses windows sound altogether.

What app are you using?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

@joelha

I have a simpler Rednet AM2 device, but the setup should be roughly the same. Just to get this working, can you try Roon to a single audio device -- which is Dante Virtual Soundcard (ASIO). Just see if that works, forget HQ player for the moment. Feel free to review the below.

rednet setup.png

@joelha

I have a simpler Rednet AM2 device, but the setup should be roughly the same. Just to get this working, can you try Roon to a single audio device -- which is Dante Virtual Soundcard (ASIO). Just see if that works, forget HQ player for the moment. Feel free to review the below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27109[/ATTACH]

how is the am2? I have yet to find any feedback on how it performs.

how is the am2? I have yet to find any feedback on how it performs.

That's because this has all been happening over the past month and a half or so, and no one that I've seen on these threads has gotten one. The focus has been on digital output to a DAC so far.

A few questions.

Has anyone connected their D16 directly to their server?

If so, any tips on how to do this or is it pretty much plug and play?

If a second cable with internet service goes to the D16's secondary port, will I still be able to remotely control my server after its direct connected to the D16?

Finally, on rednet controller, I'm not getting 176.4 as a sample rate option. I thought that wasn't an issue with the D16. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Joel

Make sure sample rate in RedNet control SW is set to match audio file. Here are snapshots of my RedNet Control SW and ASIO virtual sound card. I changed the latency in the soundcard to the lowest setting (4ms). This allows me to play 192Khz.

Gldgate, every time you play an album with different sample rate, do we need to change the settings in the Rednet control SW ? I have lot of playlist with different sample rate - does this mean I can't play them at one short ? One way to solve this could be to up-sample everything to, lets say 192k but with Yggy they don't sound as good.

Gldgate, every time you play an album with different sample rate, do we need to change the settings in the Rednet control SW ? I have lot of playlist with different sample rate - does this mean I can't play them at one short ? One way to solve this could be to up-sample everything to, lets say 192k but with Yggy they don't sound as good.

The short answer is yes, at least until August when there is rumor of a firmware update for sample rate pass-through.

I have never been a big fan up upsampling however I also have an Yggy and can say that all of my files even Redbook sound remarkable through the D16 upsampled to 196K. I is the most musical, dynamic, and detailed my system has ever sounded. Big deep sound stage.

System

A few questions.

Has anyone connected their D16 directly to their server?

If so, any tips on how to do this or is it pretty much plug and play?

If a second cable with internet service goes to the D16's secondary port, will I still be able to remotely control my server after its direct connected to the D16?

Finally, on rednet controller, I'm not getting 176.4 as a sample rate option. I thought that wasn't an issue with the D16. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Joel

I have my D16 connected directly to my PC and then use the other port on the D16 to connect to my LAN. Works great with RDP and JRMC Remote.

Not sure why 176K does not show up on yours.

System

The short answer is yes, at least until August when there is rumor of a firmware update for sample rate pass-through.

I have never been a big fan up upsampling however I also have an Yggy and can say that all of my files even Redbook sound remarkable through the D16 upsampled to 196K. I is the most musical, dynamic, and detailed my system has ever sounded. Big deep sound stage.

Thanks Mourip. What s/w are you using to up-sample - HQP by any chance ?

Do you have the latest software update for your D16?

I have the D3 and have another issue: the device doesn't show up in the Rednet controller. It's not really a big deal as I can work around with the Dante controller.

I updated my D16's firnaware when I first got it a couple of weeks ago. Probably a good thing to try.

System