IGNORED

Post images of the microRendu in your system here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27951[/ATTACH]

sonicTransporter i5 (Roon Server) > microRendu (RoonReady) > exD-Sonore DSD DAC

6 TB Music stored on Synology DS412+ NAS

SB Touch makes a nice clock I can see from across the room

We got a lot of nice feedback from customers regarding that DAC. I'm glad to see you are enjoying one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

mR pic.jpg

With weight of cables and LAN filter, the mR manages to stand on its side. Base is (the now unused) Schiit Wyrd USB Decrappifier.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29066[/ATTACH]

With weight of cables and LAN filter, the mR manages to stand on its side. Base is (the now unused) Schiit Wyrd USB Decrappifier.

Funny, mine does that now too.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27605[/ATTACH]

It's amazing that the source, in some sense the heart of the whole system, is just this tiny little thing stashed down below!

The system is configured like so : Toshiba laptop w/JRiver MC19 > Wifi > Apple Airport Express > Generic Ethernet cable > mrendu with ifi iPower > Nordost Blue Heaven USB > Bryston BDA2 > Nordost Blue Heaven IC > Bryston B135 Integrated > Audience AU 24 > Martin Logan Montis. Everything is plugged into a Furman Power Conditioner.

I may eventually have someone run some Ethernet cable in my walls and eliminate the wifi and Apple AE. I'm not sure if there would be a sonic impact. I'm also considering the Sonore Signature Power Supply.

I found significant improvement when I removed my wifi router out of my music room completely and went with powerline adapters. I basically followed the advice on the Sonore website and it really improved things. Ideally running Cat 6a ethernet in your walls would be perfect but the powerline adapters have worked really well for me. I didn't realise the wifi router was such a source of noise in my system until I removed it completely and heard the difference.

Nice system you have there too!

So after trialling the microRendu a few weeks ago and finding it didn't add to my system at THAT time (and trialling a Bluesound Node 2 afterwards) I later upgraded SMPS PSU's to Gieseler low noise linear PSU's and removed a noisy router from my system (replaced with powerline adapters as per Sonore recommendation) and I now have got a microRendu back in my system.

Here is a pic of the snake pit. I have quite thick cables at the back and the microRendy is happily resting on them and wouldn't be stressing any of the other connections to my amp. But this is just temporary until I clean up the back and find a permanent place for the microRendu later this week.

I was literally one of THOSE people just a few weeks ago (bits is just bits). Oh my goodness, how good the music is now.

This is 'end game' for me unless I win lotto lol - end game because this entire system now is probably the most I can afford right now but it's sounding stellar nonetheless.

It's so true when they say 'you don't realise you have noise deteriorating the sound quality of a system until the noise is removed'. It's another way of saying a system is only as good as it's weakest link. Most of you here probably already knew this, so yes I am late to the party but I'm happy I'm finally here now !

This drastic step up in sound quality is probably a dangerous thing. I can turn up the music so loud now with no harshness present (I'm guessing a very low noise floor now after the changes made) that I can see myself going deaf in a few months, rendering all these upgrades useless :-) Very happy indeed

My simple system chain (not as simple as @muffin 's though) is: Qnap 251+ with Roon Server > mRendu > Peachtree Audio 220se > GoldenEar Triton Ones

IMG_20161012_2114338.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I am interested about Zenwave cable between LPS1 and uR, could you please share some of your impressions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Sorry for the delayed reply.....

I would say in my system the biggest affect the cable had was on the Bass. Much tighter, I have a pair of Scansonic MB-2.5's. They are known to have a boomy bass characteristic especially when new and not broken in. I think the noise floor got a bit lower too.

I have not had a chance to swap in the generic one again and compare the two.

Oredered the Zenware Cable before Jesus announced the Cardas designed one, I'm sure that is good too. Be interesting to compare the two. We'll see.....enjoy!

Sorry for the delayed reply.....

I would say in my system the biggest affect the cable had was on the Bass. Much tighter, I have a pair of Scansonic MB-2.5's. They are known to have a boomy bass characteristic especially when new and not broken in. I think the noise floor got a bit lower too.

I have not had a chance to swap in the generic one again and compare the two.

Oredered the Zenware Cable before Jesus announced the Cardas designed one, I'm sure that is good too. Be interesting to compare the two. We'll see.....enjoy!

Thanks for your information. I ordered one 18awg UPOCC silver DC cable to connect LPS1/mR.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile