IGNORED

Post images of the microRendu in your system here

microRendu+( not shown Teddy Pardo LPS)>Schiit Yggdrasil DAC>Hegel H360 integrated amp>(not shown KEF Reference 1 speakers+REL T7i subs). I've been iterating on my living room system for several years since I started getting into lossless digital, and it's now as good as anything I could imagine placing in my relatively small living room. The H360 has its own good built-in DAC and Ethernet streamer, but the uRendu>Yggy combo takes the whole to a different plane in clarity, depth, and sound stage.

IMG_20161112_162632.jpg

microRendu+( not shown Teddy Pardo LPS)>Schiit Yggdrasil DAC>Hegel H360 integrated amp>(not shown KEF Reference 1 speakers+REL T7i subs). I've been iterating on my living room system for several years since I started getting into lossless digital, and it's now as good as anything I could imagine placing in my relatively small living room. The H360 has its own good built-in DAC and Ethernet streamer, but the uRendu>Yggy combo takes the whole to a different plane in clarity, depth, and sound stage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30680[/ATTACH]

I like it.

• 1 month later...

I had previously posted a photo when the microRendu was driving a Chord Mojo. A Hugo TT replaced the Mojo and an LPS-1 now powers both the microRendu and FMC with a Y-cable.

The red Wireworld Ethernet cable is a demo. I usually use a custom Audioquest Carbon CAT700 cable.

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2016 at 8:45 PM, kennyb123 said:

I had previously posted a photo when the microRendu was driving a Chord Mojo. A Hugo TT replaced the Mojo and an LPS-1 now powers both the microRendu and FMC with a Y-cable.

The red Wireworld Ethernet cable is a demo. I usually use a custom Audioquest Carbon CAT700 cable.

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

you've got the wireworld cable backwards -- note the directional arrows. :-)

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1 hour ago, jcn3 said:

you've got the wireworld cable backwards -- note the directional arrows. :-)

That's long since been corrected.  I was just demoing the cable when I took the photo, so it was getting swapped in and out.  I purchased it and it's now pointing in the right direction.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

17 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Very cool......  FWIW: I would really love to hear your system. I get a twinge of envy every time I see a Meitner in someone's system..

That's an XDS1v2. Let me know when in NYC. 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

18 hours ago, miguelito said:

Congratulations! Very nice system and room.

I own the same LPS as yours, Sonore and Uptone.

I understood you are feeding uptone's with sonore's?

Did you try the other way and prefered that?

thanks

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

17 minutes ago, Joaovieira said:

Congratulations! Very nice system and room.

I own the same LPS as yours, Sonore and Uptone.

I understood you are feeding uptone's with sonore's?

Did you try the other way and prefered that?

thanks

Uptone JS-2 powers the mini (via an Uptone MMK power board) and its music hard drive (connected to mini via FW800). Uptone LPS-1 is powered by the included Meanwell SMPS and powers microRendu exclusively. All power cables are Uptone as well.

Before I got the LPS-1 I powered the microRendu via the secondary power output in the JS-2. I think the mR on the LPS-1 sounds cleaner and more relaxed compared to the JS-2. I never powered the mR with an SMPS so I don't know what that's like. Once I got the LPS-1 I decided to power all components of the server (mini+HD) off of the JS-2 and the mR off of the LPS-1.

system pics

1 minute ago, miguelito said:

Uptone JS-2 powers the mini (via an Uptone MMK power board) and its music hard drive (connected to mini via FW800). Uptone LPS-1 is powered by the included Meanwell SMPS and powers microRendu exclusively. All power cables are Uptone as well.

Before I got the LPS-1 I powered the microRendu via the secondary power output in the JS-2. I think the mR on the LPS-1 sounds cleaner and more relaxed compared to the JS-2. I never powered the mR with an SMPS so I don't know what that's like. Once I got the LPS-1 I decided to power all components of the server (mini+HD) off of the JS-2 and the mR off of the LPS-1.

Thank you, miguelito!

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

22 hours ago, jcn3 said:

@miguelito -- nice!  looks like a fabulous (and comfortable) place to listen to music!

Thank you! I try! And it is!  :D

system pics

Here is my Vinnie Rossi LIO with microRendu. Triode wire labs USB dongle

Uptone LPS-1 is powering the microRendu.

The powersupply in LIO is powering one of the TP link FMC fiber (not seen in the picture)

Audiostore server with Roon,  I have a EN 70 HD network isolator between router and Audiostore server.

Awaiting the new ISO Regen even though it sounds very good now after a bit of tinkering and trials.IMG_20170219_141644.thumb.jpg.e902bada2e9a048b0fd7d833d80580e7.jpg

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

19 hours ago, earnmyturns said:

Revised configuration of my speaker system: microRendu+Sonore LPS-1>Schiit Yggdrasil>Hegel H360 (partially visible on the lower-left corner).

IMG_20170325_111823.thumb.jpg.1809435cb3b78cc2998446e184e724a6.jpg

Clean and uncluttered -- very nice!  

What USB cables are you using here and in your office?  And what are you using to cradle the microRendu in each system?

Thanks.

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave G said:

What USB cables are you using here and in your office?  And what are you using to cradle the microRendu in each system?

The cables are the only very short shielded ones I could find: Moon Audio's Blue Dragon USB Cable, 0.5 ft, USB A to USB B. Not cheap, $75 each. The cradles are https://www.amazon.com/Rolodex-Collection-Business-Holder-22251ELD/dp/B00006IAKZ?th=1, which were suggested here by someone else before. The Yggy's USB port is pretty high up on the back, so I stacked the holder+microRendu on top of two of these: http://www.questforsound.com/accessories/acc_sqIsolPads.htm.

1 hour ago, earnmyturns said:

The cables are the only very short shielded ones I could find: Moon Audio's Blue Dragon USB Cable, 0.5 ft, USB A to USB B. Not cheap, $75 each. The cradles are https://www.amazon.com/Rolodex-Collection-Business-Holder-22251ELD/dp/B00006IAKZ?th=1, which were suggested here by someone else before. The Yggy's USB port is pretty high up on the back, so I stacked the holder+microRendu on top of two of these: http://www.questforsound.com/accessories/acc_sqIsolPads.htm.

Thanks much!  

Yeah, those cables aren't cheap, but you could spend more -- I've seen 7 inch USB cables going for twice what yours cost.

Maybe it's a trick of the photography, but the cradle for your speaker system looks different from the one for your office system.  It looks like it holds the mR on its side rather than on an angle.  

Thanks again.

Dave