IGNORED

PlayClassics Truthful Recording Technology v1.1

Four months ago we opened a thread called: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/playclassics-master-file-giveaway-computer-audiophile-members-26426/

We offered everyone to download an album to try the sound of the Truthful Recording Technology on their systems. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to listen. That really was a wonderful experience.

We have developed a new calibration update (version 1.1) that we would like to share with you. We use a fixed setup to record everything. We only use two mics with no mixing or mastering. Our technology is all about calibrating the hall and the recording chain to be transparent. The better the calibration, the more transparent the setup will be.

All our albums have been updated with this new calibration. We have uploaded the new masters to our web page. Everyone is welcome to download this new version of their albums. Whether you got a gift code or you directly purchased the album please say so and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download this new version.

We will also continue to send gift codes to those of you who have not had the chance to try this yet.

PlayClassics, the art of true music

Musicstry Studios, discover the Truthful Recording Technology

Mario Martínez

Recording Engineer and Music Producer

Play Classics, classical music at its best

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I'd like to download the new version of Iberia. Thanks Mario [emoji846]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Mario-

Thanks, can you send the codes for the Albeniz/Iberia and the Debussy Preludes?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Please send me an updated code for updated "Iberia" ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Four months ago we opened a thread called: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/playclassics-master-file-giveaway-computer-audiophile-members-26426/

We offered everyone to download an album to try the sound of the Truthful Recording Technology on their systems. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to listen. That really was a wonderful experience.

We have developed a new calibration update (version 1.1) that we would like to share with you. We use a fixed setup to record everything. We only use two mics with no mixing or mastering. Our technology is all about calibrating the hall and the recording chain to be transparent. The better the calibration, the more transparent the setup will be.

All our albums have been updated with this new calibration. We have uploaded the new masters to our web page. Everyone is welcome to download this new version of their albums. Whether you got a gift code or you directly purchased the album please say so and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download this new version.

We will also continue to send gift codes to those of you who have not had the chance to try this yet.

Musicstry Studios, discover the Truthful Recording Technology

Yes, I do recall the "giveaway" and when it meant I had to send a PM for a download code I elected not to do so. I'm deeply suspicious by nature and have always been wary of a "free gift".

If you would like people to enjoy samples of your recordings, then make them available as a download with no questions asked.

If your interest is with building a potential client list for commercial purposes, I'm not interested in that type of marketing approach.

Thank you.

Yes, I do recall the "giveaway" and when it meant I had to send a PM for a download code I elected not to do so. I'm deeply suspicious by nature and have always been wary of a "free gift".

If you would like people to enjoy samples of your recordings, then make them available as a download with no questions asked.

If your interest is with building a potential client list for commercial purposes, I'm not interested in that type of marketing approach.

Thank you.

What was the purpose of this post? If you don't want a free sample, don't ask for one. It's your choice, so stop whining about it.

Of course this giveaway is a marketing strategy. That doesn't mean there are any hidden strings attached.

What was the purpose of this post? If you don't want a free sample, don't ask for one. It's your choice, so stop whining about it.

Of course this giveaway is a marketing strategy. That doesn't mean there are any hidden strings attached.

+1

As far as I can tell, Mario has been nothing but generous in sharing his music with anyone who asks.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

The purpose was self-explanatory, and obviously beyond your understanding.

I see. You came here to antagonise people and be generally rude.

If you or anyone else would like to use a public forum for commercial purposes then please have the courtesy of being clear about your intentions.

Criticizing my post does not weaken my argument, nor does it lend any validity to yours.

If you or anyone else would like to use a public forum for commercial purposes then please have the courtesy of being clear about your intentions.

If you read Mario's original post (that he also linked to above), you can see that his intention is crystal clear:

We will be happy to send a Gift Code to all CA members who would be willing to try the Truthful Recording Technology sound on their systems.

Just send us a PM with the album of your choice and we will send you a Gift Code to download the full dynamic range 24bit 96kHz Truthful Master.

All we want in exchange is to get as much feedback as possible. It would be great if we could get your testimonials to include them on our web page.

He also makes his commercial affiliation clear in his signature as per site rules.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I for one, have greatly appreciated the opportunity to hear Mario's recordings. If it weren't for his generous offer, I'm not sure I would have.

No doubt you will get better feedback than I can offer.

calibration v.1.1:

- boosted volume by +5-6dB

- room acoustics/reverb is less pronounced

- this seems to help - giving more clarity to faster passages

- treble is more rounded, gentler on the ear.

But I may be way off base, as I tended to use rough analogue volume changes between v1 and v1.1.

I tend to favour lower volume recordings for the extra control they allow on my limited stepped attenuator. So vote for keeping recording volume low for future recordings [emoji846]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

I for one, have greatly appreciated the opportunity to hear Mario's recordings. If it weren't for his generous offer, I'm not sure I would have.

No doubt you will get better feedback than I can offer.

calibration v.1.1:

- boosted volume by +5-6dB

- room acoustics/reverb is less pronounced

- this seems to help - giving more clarity to faster passages

- treble is more rounded, gentler on the ear.

But I may be way off base, as I tended to use rough analogue volume changes between v1 and v1.1.

I tend to favour lower volume recordings for the extra control they allow on my limited stepped attenuator. So vote for keeping recording volume low for future recordings [emoji846]

Thanks odelay :)

Yes, If you want to compare them side by side there is exactly a 6dB difference between v1 and v1.1

The purpose of this, and all our previous calibrations, is to take care of room resonances. Our project is about trying to develop a fixed setup that is transparent.

This calibration takes care of some room resonances at very low frequencies. Once we cleared those resonances we ended up with some headroom so we raised the volume.

Mario Martínez

Thanks for clarifying that Mario [emoji846]

Ordinarily, I appreciate hearing the room. I guess it's case of too much of a good thing?

If you read Mario's original post (that he also linked to above), you can see that his intention is crystal clear:

He also makes his commercial affiliation clear in his signature as per site rules.

Point made. I agree I was being a bit reactionary. My concern is that living in a digital world I'm cautious about whom I allow past the gates. Anyone wanting personal information needs a better reason than my being able to hear a song.

It's a different universe, and while we may be scattered off into wildly divergent directions, there's one thing that will never change. If I don't know you, I can't trust you.

Point made. I agree I was being a bit reactionary. My concern is that living in a digital world I'm cautious about whom I allow past the gates. Anyone wanting personal information needs a better reason than my being able to hear a song.

You're already posting on this forum. No information beyond your nickname here was requested.

You're already posting on this forum. No information beyond your nickname here was requested.

I don't know you. For some reason you seem to have appointed yourself as the moderator for this site. Anyone who disagrees with you seems to be wrong, and it's for you to explain that.

You get your wish, it's time to move on.

It's a different universe, and while we may be scattered off into wildly divergent directions, there's one thing that will never change. If I don't know you, I can't trust you.

We are giving out full albums in 24bit 96kHz format. That means you would be downloading files up to 1.5GB

I do not need to have any information whatsoever to send you the codes to download the files. I would send them to you using your CA nickname.

Our web page is configured as an open access web page. you can listen to all our music online without having to register. You do not have to pay or watch adds to use our music. You can use this music for your personal enjoyment, for your business or for educational purposes.

This is not a commercial project. This is a research project. It started 7 years ago. The main goal of the project is to develop a recording setup that would allow the artist to take full control of every aspect of the recording. You can read this paper "The performer's place in the process and product of recording" by Amy Blier Carruthers (Royal College of Music, London)

http://www.cmpcp.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PSN2013_Blier-Carruthers.pdf

After you read that you can read our solution to this problem:

About - PlayClassics, the art of true music

That should give you an understanding of why we are doing this.

I hope that explains everything. I would be happy to send you a code to download any album. Would you like to try?

Mario Martínez

WI would be happy to send you a code to download any album. Would you like to try?

I would! I like the approach, makes total sense, and now I think it's actually odd we hadn't thought of that before.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I would! I like the approach, makes total sense, and now I think it's actually odd we hadn't thought of that before.

I think I should have started by explaining this four month ago...

That paper was published on the 2nd PSN Conference on 2013. We started working on our setup on 2009 long before the they published that paper.

Maybe I should open a new thread just to talk about this :)

Mario Martínez

Maybe I should open a new thread just to talk about this :)

Go for it!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels