IGNORED

PlayClassics Truthful Recording Technology v1.1

I would like to try something new.

I think fixing this minor problems by applying little patches over calibration v1.0 is not going to work.

In order to get good results we might have to re-calibrate from scratch. Do not worry, we are not going to change the sound. We are always aiming at transparency, so even if we do the calibration 100 times we will always end up at almost the same identical place. But this time, I am aware of this little problems, so I will try to deal with them from the beginning.

I might take me a few days, but I will report back as soon as I have something that I am convince of :)

Mario Martínez

Recording Engineer and Music Producer

Play Classics, classical music at its best

I wish you well on that venture Mario.

I'm keen to hear what you come up with [emoji846]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

• 4 months later...
I would like to try something new.

I think fixing this minor problems by applying little patches over calibration v1.0 is not going to work.

In order to get good results we might have to re-calibrate from scratch. Do not worry, we are not going to change the sound. We are always aiming at transparency, so even if we do the calibration 100 times we will always end up at almost the same identical place. But this time, I am aware of this little problems, so I will try to deal with them from the beginning.

I might take me a few days, but I will report back as soon as I have something that I am convince of :)

Sorry I have been away for so long. I said it would take a few days but it ended up taking five months. Nevertheless I think it was all worth it. We now have a new calibration v2.0 and I am very happy with the results. This is not a patch or a fix over v1.0 it is a completely new calibration. If anybody wants to try it out please visit this new thread:

PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for CA members

Mario Martínez

Recording Engineer and Music Producer

Play Classics, classical music at its best

Hi Mario,

Nice to have you back.

It's been so long I was wondering if you had demolished and were now rebuilding the whole studio. :)

Best,

Ricardo

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)