IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Congrats on the launch, Jesus, John and Andrew.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Jesus

Would the Teddy Pardo 5V 3A power supply be usable for the MicroRendu?

TTouch - PSU for Logitech Touch | Power Supplies | TeddyPardo

I have one and want to reuse it?

Thx

J

Well it will run but not properly. There are several 5V regulators inside so feeding them 5V means they will be outputting less than 5V and not regulating. Basically you will have a highly crippled unit. So don't do it. It won't damage the microRendu, but it won't be working right.

So the general anwer is NO, please use a supply between 6-9V.

John S.

Is there any need to use the Regen with this? I seem to remember that it has a Regen built in. It did I dream that last night? ?
NO need for Regen. Chris's review part I mentions this again.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Is there any need to use the Regen with this? I seem to remember that it has a Regen built in. It did I dream that last night? ��

The microRendu contains what is essentially a slightly improved REGEN on it's USB output. I have tried it with an external REGEN and did not notice any improvement. Somebody somewhere MIGHT notice a slight improvement, but for most people it is probably not useful with the microRendu.

John S.

The microRendu contains what is essentially a slightly improved REGEN on it's USB output. I have tried it with an external REGEN and did not notice any improvement. Somebody somewhere MIGHT notice a slight improvement, but for most people it is probably not useful with the microRendu.

John S.

Perfect, thanks! Another box I can eliminate!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Perfect, thanks! Another box I can eliminate!

+1

Unfortunately, there will be a lot of Regens on the used market now :)

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Edifer M1380 system.

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Unfortunately, there will be a lot of Regens on the used market now :)

or fortunately for those who don't yet have one...

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I'll bet my place in the microRendu line (oh wait, just ordered one). I'll bet my place in the Tesla Model 3 line that some people will find improvements with Regen or Regen-like devices, like John said. Probably not me, though...

By the time I get the Tesla it will probably be about five years since when I first wanted one. This wait is minor in comparision, and has actually been a lot of fun.

My system here

To my knowledge the T+A requires Windows to play dsd512, the sonore is linux based.

Unless T+A didn't update the software, I think the Rendu and the DAC8 are not working together with DSD512.

Appreciate it. Yeah, I posted hastily as AFTER I reviewed the 1200 some odd posts, I found the answer to both my questions stuck in there. I still have a use for the device with my "portable rig" with my Mojo replacing my HUGO and will try it with my MSB and be a royal pain in the ass to them to provide Jesus with whatever they need to support NativeDSD 256 although as others have indicated there is probably not much of a benefit for that DAC.

Thanks.

Just curious if MSB has responded to you regarding providing you with the info you need for microRendu to support their DirectDSD. While I understand that there is little if no benefit compared to DoP, I have recordings that do DSD256 and would be nice to be able to use your device with my MSB.

Does the uRendu now support the W4S Dac2 DSDse? I think Jesus earlier said he was working with W4S, but I don't recall seeing that they have been successfully integrated.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

Thanks.

Just curious if MSB has responded to you regarding providing you with the info you need for microRendu to support their DirectDSD. While I understand that there is little if no benefit compared to DoP, I have recordings that do DSD256 and would be nice to be able to use your device with my MSB.

Priaptor, I heard that DAC at Axpona and was awestruck at the sound. You're one lucky guy ;)

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Appreciate it. Yeah, I posted hastily as AFTER I reviewed the 1200 some odd posts, I found the answer to both my questions stuck in there. I still have a use for the device with my "portable rig" with my Mojo replacing my HUGO and will try it with my MSB and be a royal pain in the ass to them to provide Jesus with whatever they need to support NativeDSD 256 although as others have indicated there is probably not much of a benefit for that DAC.

First hook up the MSB to the microRendu and send me the output of the DAC Diagnostics GUI page. That might get us what we need.