IGNORED

Curious Cables - shipping to U.S.

Too many smarter people then me and definitely way over your head have the same opinions on this cable in completely different audiophile computer audio systems. But enough about this cable. Your entitled to your shallow opinion about audio cables but if you ever have the chance the speak with reference equipment designers and reference speaker designers your opinion would vastly change.

Entered the tracking number for AUS Post supplied by Rob Woodland. The package arrived in US on January 9th and with sparse information all I can glean is that it is in Hoboken, NJ across the Hudson River from me at a facility for the last 5 days with no way to discover what has caused the impediment to delivery to me. I am just North of NYC. Resisted posting about this. Emailed Rob to determine if there is a viable contact for more than Hoboken Facility after 5 days. Patience is a virtue. Need to get in touch with my inner Virtue. (Smile).

Best,

Richard

Entered the tracking number for AUS Post supplied by Rob Woodland. The package arrived in US on January 9th and with sparse information all I can glean is that it is in Hoboken, NJ across the Hudson River from me at a facility for the last 5 days with no way to discover what has caused the impediment to delivery to me. I am just North of NYC. Resisted posting about this. Emailed Rob to determine if there is a viable contact for more than Hoboken Facility after 5 days. Patience is a virtue. Need to get in touch with my inner Virtue. (Smile).

Best,

Richard

Hey Richard. I had the same experience a few months ago - delivery after arrival in NYC took a stupidly long time, like 10 days IIRC.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Not sure if you're too young to remember this, but lots of green pens were sold back in the 90's...

#1 - Off topic.

#2 - If you want to know more about the green pen thing, you can research how Keith Johnson of Spectral was able to show how the green pen actually could alter the sound (for the worse). So as often happens, people who relied on their biases and didn't do actual research, both proponents and skeptics, were wrong.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If you could explain to me what you mean ? By that statement, because all I was doing attempting to say why customs hold ups are happening more often given the circumstance's around the globe these days.

Meant for tallica1, I find you calling me a troll offensive buddy.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Don't be silly, there's Chicago, Dallas, perhaps Colorado, Phoenix in front of Sea-Tac to come.

It made it to my state, Washington, last night. So hopefully I will be seeing it tomorrow.

Rob warned it would take 7-10 days to get to me. Tomorrow will be 10 days since my order was placed.

I've already heard what one of these will do in my system. Well worth the wait.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

#1 - Off topic.

#2 - If you want to know more about the green pen thing, you can research how Keith Johnson of Spectral was able to show how the green pen actually could alter the sound (for the worse). So as often happens, people who relied on their biases and didn't do actual research, both proponents and skeptics, were wrong.

OUCH, That one stung huh Jud? Facts is Facts LOL

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

It made it to my state, Washington, last night. So hopefully I will be seeing it tomorrow.

Rob warned it would take 7-10 days to get to me. Tomorrow will be 10 days since my order was placed.

I've already heard what one of these will do in my system. Well worth the wait.

Hello Kenny,

Guess what arrived today. Shipped on January 6th. Arrived on the afternoon of January 15th. The tracking number supplied by AUS POST still lists the package at the facility in Hoboken, NJ, notwithstanding I am holding it in my hands.

Waiting for it to reach room temperature before I replace the hard adaptor with the Curious USB Cable For Regen 200mm.

Looking forward to what well worth the wait (wwtw) translate to in real time experience. Thank you again for your support.

Best,

Richard

Hello Kenny,

Guess what arrived today. Shipped on January 6th. Arrived on the afternoon of January 15th. The tracking number supplied by AUS POST still lists the package at the facility in Hoboken, NJ, notwithstanding I am holding it in my hands.

Waiting for it to reach room temperature before I replace the hard adaptor with the Curious USB Cable For Regen 200mm.

Looking forward to what well worth the wait (wwtw) translate to in real time experience. Thank you again for your support.

Best,

Richard

That's great news! In more shipping updates, um, "curiosities", my cables sat in customs in NY (processing through sort facility) for 8 days. I just got a tracking update that it arrived at USPS facility in Eastern Nassau, NY. I'm hoping it makes it to St. Louis MO by mid-week? I think these are "priority mail". At least it appears the end is in sight. Thanks for all the support guys..

Hello Kenny,

Best,

Richard

Also, Richard wins! Mine was shipped on December 30th and you've already got yours. Let us know what you think of those cables!

Also, Richard wins! Mine was shipped on December 30th and you've already got yours. Let us know what you think of those cables!

Hello All,

Thank you for your support as well. I may have won the latest arrival time, but there's room on the stand for the rest of us. I plan to remove the hard adaptor shortly. Just to keep everyone keen on what we've been waiting room, allow me a bit of show and tell. (There's still a part of the Third Grade Self in me - smile). And pictures are worth a couple of thousand words, which I am cable (sic on purpose == I know, I know, just foolin' around for fun) of supplying with or without photographs.

So without further ado: [For some reason photographs taken with the iPhone 6Plus uploaded from Photos application though photographed with the proper orientation, post upload displays by CA's upload formatting with the wrong orientation imposed and is not the same orientation I chose to upload in the first instance Apologies. I am not sure how to cure this. It has happened before. And there is no control for rotating the photograph once uploaded (is there?)]

Sorry for the inconvenient presentation orientation. Aha! the last photograph was shot in landscape mode vs portrait mode. And the orientation is correct for landscape. Enough photographs, n'est-ce pas?

Enjoy the view any way. CCFR Review to follow.

Best,

Richard

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Hello All:

Started late into the evening (Friday night( and removed the AQJBX2 from the rear of my Mac Mini. Also the Regen and hard adapter from the W4S Dac2 DSDse; and replace the hard adaptor with the CCFR. The arrangement worked out so that the CCFR runs straight from my W4S Dac2DSDse through a slot in the slotted back cover of a BDI five tier component stand. The Regen is now approximately seven inches from the USB input on the back of my Dac2DSDse and easily accessible to connect to the JS-2 LPS and LightSpeed which is reconnected to the AQJB in tandem, with the 2nd AQJB in and empty USB output port next to the first AQJB.

Given the focus of this thread, I'll review the CCFR's performance elsewhere so as not to add to any OT for this thread. Again, thank you all for feedback etc. re shipping.

Best,

Richard

Great news!

I still have yet to receive mine. It's spent the last couple days in Federal Way, WA, which is about 40 minutes from me. Weird.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Great news!

I still have yet to receive mine. It's spent the last couple days in Federal Way, WA, which is about 40 minutes from me. Weird.

Hello Kenny,

I did not even know the CCFR200mm was going to be delivered today, well, it's tomorrow now (Saturday). The tracking information read since Jan. 9 at the facility in Hoboken, NJ. About 40 minutes from where I live in Yonkers just North of NYC.

When I returned home from some errands, there it was delivered in my absence without a hint it was being delivered on Friday. It's already installed; and I could tell immediately that I would love this cable. According to Rob 50-100 hours makes it even better. He uses a word to describe that means a great deal to me, because I use the same descriptor for my highly-valued criterion = dimensionality. When I discern that quality in the rendition of music, I am "in".

I just completed an order for the 0.8m USB Cable from Curious. I blame you for this (smile). Thank you again for somehow getting my attention notwithstanding how many things are discussed at CA. This one's a winner!

Best,

Richard

I just completed an order for the 0.8m USB Cable from Curious. I blame you for this (smile). Thank you again for somehow getting my attention notwithstanding how many things are discussed at CA. This one's a winner!

I'm very happy to hear this! Nice to be of assistance.

RE: Peter Azcel, My Audio Legacy,

Cables—that’s one subject I can’t discuss calmly. Even after all these years, I still fly into a rage when I read “$900 per foot” or “$5200 the pair.” That’s an obscenity, a despicable extortion exploiting the inability of moneyed audiophiles to deal with the laws of physics. The transmission of electrical signals through a wire is governed by resistance, inductance, and capacitance (R, L, and C). That’s all, folks! (At least that’s all at audio frequencies. At radio frequencies the geometry of the cable begins to have certain effects.) An audio signal has no idea whether it is passing through expensive or inexpensive RLC. It retains its purity or impurity regardless. There may be some expensive cables that sound “different” because they have crazy RLC characteristics that cause significant changes in frequency response. That’s what you hear, not the $900 per foot. And what about the wiring inside your loudspeakers, inside your amplifiers, inside your other components? What you don’t see doesn’t count, doesn’t have to be upgraded for megabucks? What about the miles of AC wiring from the power station to your house and inside your walls? Only the six-foot length of the thousand-dollar power cord counts? The lack of common sense in the high-end audio market drives me to despair.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.