IGNORED

Curious Cables - shipping to U.S.

Hey guys. I recently ordered some Curious cables and have been looking forward to hearing them. They made it to the U.S. but have been holed up at ISC New York, NY since January 7th. The USPS tracking says it processed through sort facility at 4:47 AM on 1/7.

I contacted USPS and they said its in customs. WTF - for nearly a week?

Anybody else have any issues like this regarding shipments coming in from Curious Cables (Rob) in Australia?

I'm not happy since I paid over $500 and it's sitting in customs. A couple USB cables? Give me a break.

Please, put me at ease guys..

Spence

My only griping is done here. I simply contacted USPS to get clarification of where the item is. They said "customs" with no way to contact them. Said to keep checking tracking to get an update. But a week is kinda bullshit for USB cables, right? I'm located in St. Louis MO by the way..

I've had 4 different shipments from Rob in Australia to the USA, and I had no customs issues at all.

The items pulled by customs are completely random. Unfortunately you drew the unlucky straw and you will just have to wait it out. This has happened to me on a few occasions over the years for other international shipments, but the delay was not more than a week IIRC.

The good news is that it is not counterfeit goods so eventually this will work itself out. The other good news is that the Curious Cables are excellent.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I've had 4 different shipments from Rob in Australia to the USA, and I had no customs issues at all.

The items pulled by customs are completely random. Unfortunately you drew the unlucky straw and you will just have to wait it out. This has happened to me on a few occasions over the years for other international shipments, but the delay was not more than a week IIRC.

The good news is that it is not counterfeit goods so eventually this will work itself out. The other good news is that the Curious Cables are excellent.

Cool. So, it's been nearly a week so hopefully they will make it through soon. And yeah, I've been 'curious' for quite some time and can't wait to hear the real thing!!

Cool. So, it's been nearly a week so hopefully they will make it through soon. And yeah, I've been 'curious' for quite some time and can't wait to hear the real thing!!

Your patience will be rewarded!

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

The USPS tracking says it processed through sort facility at 4:47 AM on 1/7.

My experience — I'm involved with a relatively minor number of international commercial shipments at work, but over the years, they add up — is that this happens in a random way with international shipments, mostly with customs in the destination country, not just the US.

I would just keep bugging USPS, and it's good if you can get the sender to join in the fun. (For future shipments, I think it's better to go with UPS, FedEx, etc. They're better at expediting this kind of thing than USPS typically is. Not that they're amazing.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

A Curious REGEN link is on the way to me in the Seattle area. It traveled from Brisbane, Australia to Los Angeles, CA to Jackson, MS to Opa Locka, FL. I hope my town is the next stop.

Obviously the fault here lies with USPS.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Mine shipped out in the middle of last week and arrived today. It can be the luck of the draw with customs..

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

Gripe to the customs department instead of at the vendor. Do exactly that and the shipping will be delayed further, your choice :).

That's funny. I had a colleague years ago who was miffed that on a trip from North Bay to Indonesia (through Australia) his luggage was lost.

When he got home he decided to write Quantas a nasty note to teach them a lesson. I jokingly told him that he shouldn't do that, they have their ways of getting even with troublemakers.

And they did - they lost his luggage on the next three trips that he made. Just a coincidence, I'm sure but you just never know.

I had air samples on charcoal media held in customs once. They were no longer cold by the time I got them. USB cables will still be good when you get them.

Haha. That's funny stuff! I keep thinking someone in "Customs" is on to the whole "Curious" craze and is currently "breaking" in the cables for me. I think they should be in good shape once I get them! ; )

[h=2]Curious Cables[/h]Any chance they could be adding sexual overtones to that name? :)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Hey guys. I recently ordered some Curious cables and have been looking forward to hearing them. They made it to the U.S. but have been holed up at ISC New York, NY since January 7th. The USPS tracking says it processed through sort facility at 4:47 AM on 1/7.

Anybody else have any issues like this regarding shipments coming in from Curious Cables (Rob) in Australia?

I'm not happy since I paid over $500 and it's sitting in customs. A couple USB cables? Give me a break.

Please, put me at ease guys..

Spence

I'm in Aus, and we have the same problem. It would seem that electrical components are under increasing scrutiny. As a former quarantine inspector fumigator worked closely with customs I kinda get it. Once reported some suspiciously large tomato tins that turned out to be full of cocaine.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

I'm in Aus, and we have the same problem. It would seem that electrical components are under increasing scrutiny. As a former quarantine inspector fumigator worked closely with customs I kinda get it. Once reported some suspiciously large tomato tins that turned out to be full of cocaine.

I ordered "Curious Cables", not "Curious Cocaine"!! ; )

Did ya get to keep any of the blow?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

My curious cable USB is now otw but I paid the expedited $35 additional shipping fee "EMS shipping". This USB cable is so highly regarded that every audiophile should at least MUST READ the stellar "unbiased" reviews (yes it's true) from the media. I will give my honest opinion after a few weeks. But very exciting for sure.

http://www.curiouscables.com

Damn, I didn't know there was an "expedited" option. Apparently I picked the "snail mail" shipping..

My curious cable USB is now otw but I paid the expedited $35 additional shipping fee "EMS shipping". This USB cable is so highly regarded that every audiophile should at least MUST READ the stellar "unbiased" reviews (yes it's true) from the media. I will give my honest opinion after a few weeks. But very exciting for sure.

Curious Cables - Usb Cables, High-end Usb Cables, Usb Cable Types

I would love to see you held to a strict ABX-DBT test against a under $10 BlueJeans Cable

INSANE multiple independent REVIEWS about the only type of cable this new company produces in which the independent media has said this USB cable BLEW AWAY cables 3-10x the price. But first, you need reference equipment to understand that blue jeans is shit.

If cables were bullshit then there certainly wouldn't be so many successful cable manufacturers all over the world for many many years!

INSANE multiple independent REVIEWS about the only type of cable this new company produces in which the independent media has said this USB cable BLEW AWAY cables 3-10x the price. But first, you need reference equipment to understand that blue jeans is shit.

If cables were bullshit then there certainly wouldn't be so many successful cable manufacturers all over the world for many many years!

As P T Barnum used to say, there's a sucker born every minute.

And he should know, he made a fortune selling tickets to freak shows of fake lobster men and mermaid ladies. LOLOL