IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

3 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Now I know it is not possible to make judgements on the Iteration vs curious based on my current setup. I will say that with the uspcb/IR/LPS1 the change was large and towards transparency.Not warm,not cool, not bright, not dark etc....just the system getting more out of the road of the music without imparting its own sonic signature.

This has been exactly my experience with these same components, very transparent, natural sound. I have Curious between JCAT Femto usb card and ISORegen with Uptone LPS1 and the USPCB to the DXIO PRO3Z converter.

Just a reminder: before spending $$$ on usb and/or sata cables, etc. make sure you've spent time optimizing your PC. Go through your bios, check your control panel/Power options, format your drives properly (FAT sounds best), etc. If you have ASIO or similar drivers like XMOS etc., play with all the settings, doublecheck your Audio adapter settings (sometimes your PC will reset sample rates, you never know). Test different USB outputs. All of this is free.

I myself forgot to turn off C-States in Bios and some other settings and now I get another bump in sound quality. Cost me nothing.

Can't agree more.  I like the format finding on FAT and will try it soon, thanks.  By the way (and forgive me for getting off topic), what SSD brands sound best or better than average?

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

Hello wushuliu. The only thing that I didn't know is about FAT format. My BIOS is properly adjusted, like as Windows and JPlay. I have a lot of new things to try, like JRiver 64 bits and another players, and some others apps that helps to turn computer a audio machine (Fidelizer, Album Player, HySolid, HQPlayer, All Core Any Cures, etc.).

About SSD brands, I always prefer Samsung. I know Paul Pang SSD, but it isn't a better or "optimized" solid state driver. The Paul Pang's SSD isn't nothing more than a commom SSD with a Phison controller and a few aluminium plates. Look the pictures below. The only diference between all of them is the quantity of storage modules. Paul Pang's SSD has 32GB (one module), and the others have 120GB (four modules). Nothing more than this.

image-1024x1024.jpeg

IMG_20170803_140123362.jpg

PCBFront2.jpg

On 9/27/2017 at 6:33 AM, wushuliu said:

Forgot to mention make sure to use Deoxit to clean sata contacts before using. All contacts actually in your chain. Another little bump in sq for very little money. Tested last night with SATA and it definitely helped. Easy to forget little things like that.

Thanks for the great tips.  FAT doesn't work for me, so I'll stay with NTFS.  Other than that, Deoxit is awesome: I pulled an old bottle from closet, applied some on my SATA, and later on had a listen.  I liked what I heard.  

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

Updates:  using exFAT on WS2016 Core Server as music ssd has caused lots of errors while ripping cds onto the disk.  On a whim, I tried ReFS format, ripped several cds, and had a listen.  I like both ripping performance and the SQ: music seems to flow more easily with further less digital glare.  Will keep an eye on the new format but for now this is my go-to format.

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2017 at 4:28 PM, nick77 said:

Looking for a resale Pachanko sata cable. :) 

Any upgraders?

Are you looking for a used Pachanko SATA cable?

I have new Pachanko Mk2 (30 cm) and Pachanko Reference (30 cm)

How many do you need?

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

we are terribly sorry about the actual delays of some orders, the national post service is actually very slow at this period of time due to Christmas coming. Actually working on another solution for fast delivery. 

Best regards,
Chan

www.pachankolabs.com

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I received the mkII sata cable. Order date mid November. Very curious about the the invluence of a sata cable. 

Thanks Chan!

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

Your patient waiting will be well rewarded with sweeter, less digital glare, fuller body music.  The magnitude will depend on what the cable is replacing and amount of burn-in, let alone what downstream.

Happy listening!

...ordered a Lan Iteration cable more than 2 months ago, and still nothing >:(

Chan produces very high quality stuff, but if he can’t deliver, I’m afraid he will loose most of this customers...

He should only offer fast and tracked delivery, like UPS or Fedex, NOT local post service, as they seems to be durably very very unreliable, for the least.

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

I'd give it some more time and patience.  I guess due to holidays, AudioPhil's hospitalization, and mail system situation in Reunion Island where Pachanko Studio is located, it'll take longer than usual.  I'm sure they'll respond, sooner or later.