IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

Pachanko cables, another tail of woe.

I've been buying cables from Chan over two years (Iteration SATA / Reference SATA / Shielded ATX / Shielded DC / Iteration USB / Signature speaker cables / Signature jumper speaker cables / Iteration Ruru USB link etc.) The cables made a significant difference to SQ in my system / room / set-up (YMMV).

The service level initially offered by Chan was good, however around the end of July 2017, Chan's attention to detail and lservice levels waned. As an example, the last order I placed took more than 120 days to arrive. During the extensive delay, I regularly emailed Chan to find out why my order had not arrived. I found his excuses incredulous.

I will not be placing further orders until I’m confident his attention to detail and service return to acceptable levels.

4 hours ago, Audiotruth said:

Pachanko cables, another tail of woe.

I've been buying cables from Chan over two years (Iteration SATA / Reference SATA / Shielded ATX / Shielded DC / Iteration USB / Signature speaker cables / Signature jumper speaker cables / Iteration Ruru USB link etc.) The cables made a significant difference to SQ in my system / room / set-up (YMMV).

The service level initially offered by Chan was good, however around the end of July 2017, Chan's attention to detail and lservice levels waned. As an example, the last order I placed took more than 120 days to arrive. During the extensive delay, I regularly emailed Chan to find out why my order had not arrived. I found his excuses incredulous.

I will not be placing further orders until I’m confident his attention to detail and service return to acceptable levels.

So...I am intrigued. What do you mean by incredulous? I got a reply from Chan saying that he intended to get back all the parcels stuck in France and would resend them via DHL. Of course how long it takes for the whole process to complete remains unclear..but I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I just got an update from Chan that most of the packages (including mine) are ready to ship out this week, of course with a tracking number provided.  So for those who haven't got an update yet, I suggest you contact Chan immediately. Actually the situation has not been easy for both parties but I believe Chan has realized the seriousness of the issue and is now taking care of it by any means necessary...so let's just give the man a chance to make it right, that's all I am saying.

Hi Phil,

I ordered (#1093) and paid my Pachanko SATA Pure Reference on November 24th 2017 and also didn't receive a tracking number. I emailed you several times (3.12.2017, 23:02; 7.12.2017, 22:33; 15.12.2017,19:20; 18.12.2017, 19:40; 10.01.2018, 19:19) from different mail providers via email and via your home page (contact via home page automatically confirmed by your system). I used your home page and three of your email-adresses: claudia.@...,  shop@... and info@... to contact you.

Never received any response.

A friend of mine ordered and paid two Pachanko SATA Pure Reference on the same day. Also no response.

So beside David there're at least two other people who have problems to contact you.

Please double check your communication system again, provide us tracking numbers and make sure that our orders will arrive.

Many thanks in advance.

Ben Webster (display name)

...Chan shipped again last Friday through DHL express, and I get my Lan Iteration cable this morning ! :)

He has just to solve the pending problem with local post service. I already told him I’d prefer pay (maybe 50/50, depends with the value of the ordered cable) for a fast service, than waiting weeks for a delivery, and not even be sure it will go through.

Thanks, anyway. I just have to connect the cable and hear music, now.

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

On 14.1.2018 at 10:26 AM, Ben Webster said:

Hi Phil,

I ordered (#1093) and paid my Pachanko SATA Pure Reference on November 24th 2017 and also didn't receive a tracking number. I emailed you several times (3.12.2017, 23:02; 7.12.2017, 22:33; 15.12.2017,19:20; 18.12.2017, 19:40; 10.01.2018, 19:19) from different mail providers via email and via your home page (contact via home page automatically confirmed by your system). I used your home page and three of your email-adresses: claudia.@...,  shop@... and info@... to contact you.

Never received any response.

A friend of mine ordered and paid two Pachanko SATA Pure Reference on the same day. Also no response.

So beside David there're at least two other people who have problems to contact you.

Please double check your communication system again, provide us tracking numbers and make sure that our orders will arrive.

Many thanks in advance.

Ben Webster (display name)

Hello Ben

We‘ll do for sure (check with our mail provider).

Well send out all trackings as soon if we get the from Pachanko. All orders will be fullfilled.

Again we deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Phil,

"Pure Reference" SATA cable arrived yesterday. In the second attempt shipping time was only two days.

After 24 h burning-in at the music SSD in my Controk-PC it shows the similar great improvement like at the OS SSD in the Audio- and Control-PC in my JPlay setup.

I hope you can fix the issues with your email provider and continue to deliver in such a short time.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards 

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

I order PACHANKO Pure Reference SATA Cable end of november 2017 @  https://www.highend-audiopc.com/. Since that and after multiple email, I have no news about this order.
What is the problem?

Is there someone (@ highend or patchenko) that is in charge of this issue?

If yes, please thanks to share asap any news about this case.

If no, please note that I pay for something that I never receive. There is other legal words to describe that, isnt it?

5 hours ago, Gato said:

I order PACHANKO Pure Reference SATA Cable end of november 2017 @  https://www.highend-audiopc.com/. Since that and after multiple email, I have no news about this order.
What is the problem?

Is there someone (@ highend or patchenko) that is in charge of this issue?

If yes, please thanks to share asap any news about this case.

If no, please note that I pay for something that I never receive. There is other legal words to describe that, isnt it?

Hello Gato

Yes there is someone aware of the problem, you will receive your cable.

Pachanko has sorted out all issues and resent all orders via DHL. Claudia will contact you soon and let you know your tracking number.

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 1 month later...

After burn-in, the Audiopheeling SATA Statement cable shows a lot of improvement. Deeper bass, velocity, dynamics, richer sound, with perfect harmonics and timbres. The sound looks to be very real. You need to hear this!!!

At the other side, when I remove the cable from the computer, the sound seems to be wither, without presence, without life. I don't know anything about de cable's construction, but I really works well! Better than Pachancko Pure Reference.

• 5 weeks later...

Is it important to have the good SATA cable on the OS HDD or on the HDD with the music stored on it? From what I understand when the file is played it is stored and played from the RAM so I am not sure if using a good cable on the storage drive will make any difference.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:26 AM, Horace28 said:

Is it important to have the good SATA cable on the OS HDD or on the HDD with the music stored on it? From what I understand when the file is played it is stored and played from the RAM so I am not sure if using a good cable on the storage drive will make any difference.

From my experience, OS HDD has much larger impact on sound improvement. But of course, it still sounds better with a good cable on storage drive.

+1 over here. OS drive is way more important. If money is an issue (what it mostly is), then start with the OS drive and do data/storage later on.

Here in my computer, I use only one SSD drive, with 500GB, and stored both, OS and musics, each one in an individual partition. However, to obtain the best performance level, I installed the OS in a vdisk file and, every time I turn on the computer, all the OS is buffered to RAM. In other words, I make a RAMdisk and maintain the SDD exclusively for music. That's the best performance level that I've got here. At this level of care, the Audiopheeling SATA cable bring a huge improvement.

The vdisk file has 10GB, remaining more 6GB to buffer music to the RAM, more than enough. My computer uses Windows Server 2016, Audiophile Optimizer, JPLAY 6.2 and MinimServer, all running from RAM and without any display, just controlled by an Android gadget. I also think that a VGA/HDMI connection bring losses from audio quality, as well as shared USB and SATA connections. So, if possible, I always recomend to use just one SATA connection.

Yes, I'm running a singlePC. It has 16GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz, that's more than enough (vdisk with Windows Server 2016 in Core Mode takes 10GB of RAM and OS takes something about 800MB, remaining about 5GB or more for the music buffer). Although DDR4 memory is currently possible, I guarantee that the slowest part of our computers is the SSD/SATA connection, and even M.2 isn't fast like RAMdisk. So, once the OS is loaded to RAM, the computer runs very very fast, more than enough to audio application.

Actually, I want to use audioPC and controlPC setup, but it don't make sense if one of them won't be good as the computer I already have. It's not very powerfull, but its specs are very good. I opted to use Asrock Q1900-ITX, because the Intel J1900 processor has four phisical cores and just 10w TDP, which, in comparison to other processors running without virtual technology and hyper-threading (recommended by Audiophile Optimizer), provides me more processing power than some Core i5, for example, and many Core i3 (four cores running at 2,00GHz). Since I don't have enough money to mount a Xeon based computer, I think that the best way to obtain high performance is taking care with heating (no coolers generating mecanical and eletromagnetic noise), movable parts (no hard disks), power supply (I use a linear DIY based in the Mini Box M4-ATX) and using the smallest number of connections as possible.

thuandb, I wrote a little "instructions manual" to teach how we can configure everything correctly. After try for a week, without sucess, I finally got the system working properly, so, I thought that write a "step-by-step" could help many other people, including me, in future. However, the file is in Portuguese. I hope that you can translate it to English.

You'll need to download these tools/drivers: WinNTSetup, FiraDisk 0.0.1.30, Grub4Dos and Bootice.

The best advantages are: a) no reading/writing Windows files during use; b) very fast response, with less jitter and latency (RAM is faster than SATA III, M.2 or PCI-Express SSD); c) SATA connection used exclusively for play music. I don't know why, but, after doing RAMdisk, the performance level of the computer is better when just one SSD is connected to mother board. As Windows runs from RAM, there isn't drawback in allocating Windows and the music library on the same SSD, in individual partitions. Finally, the cost gets smaller because there's only one SSD and one SATA cable.

Configurar Windows Server 2016 no modo Core.pdf

I'd be interested in results if someone gives this a go.

Here is a method to convert PDFs:

https://www.labnol.org/internet/tools/translate-pdf-word-documents-online-google-translate/3553/

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

• 6 months later...

Hi, very interesting thread!  So am I correct that the Pachanko Reference SATA is OCC copper, and the Pure Reference SATA is OCC copper with silver plated as stated on Pachanko's website.  I got a little confuse as Highend-audiopc website listed the Reference SATA as OFC instead.   

Not sure if it's an okay question to ask here but curious if anyone here have a used Pachanko Sata cables they want to sell? ?