IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

I moved over to an 800P Optane M.2 for both OS and storage (but in seperate partitions) so no use for my Pachanko Mk2 anymore.

If anyones interesting in buying I will sell it for 70 with free shipping within europe (or outside europe, if you dont mind covering some of the extra shipping cost).

I have lots of positive feedback as a seller on a buy and sell site which I can show you if you need reassurance.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

Uh oh, here comes the latest model for roughly $660

It's that cotton coating from Madagascar.  To die for.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 3 weeks later...

After having a PPA server with PPA Black Reference SATA and most of PPA goodies (memory, clock, SSD, Ethernet switch and cables, etc.), I decided to add another server to make a dualPC setup.  That’s when I had opportunity to try a Pachanko SATA Refetence and keep it as alternative to PPA.

A couple years passed, I was offered to upgrade to the Pure but I refused, thinking the Reference was good enough.  And I’m right.

Another year passed, little by little my setup evolved to be more musical, more resolving.  As a habit I frequently go back to similar cables and re-evaluate their merits.  Tonight I’m doing just that, comparing the PPA Black Reference SATA to my workhorse Pachanko Reference SATA, hoping the PPA can serve as good alternative to the Pachanko.

What happened surprised me to say the least.  With the PPA on OS disk, sound seems holographic at first (wide, deep) then becomes ambiguous less solid.  To be sure, I swapped the Pachanko in.  Voila, music is back:  bass is more in both quality and quality, tangibility of vocals, no less depth or width.  This isn’t something I expected.  I’m asking myself, “If the Pachanko Reference SATA sounds this good, how much better do the Pure and Aphelion can be?”

I hope to find out sooner or later.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

I have the MK II and the Pure Reference: they are very different.  Pure here did not work on the data SSD.  System has lost its naturalness.  Pure made everything more digital and fatigue more remarkable.  Leaves the sound airier, more open.  for me, it's past the point.  MK II in the data worked very well

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, mancubus said:

So... Chan did it again!

I'm happy user of Pachanko Reference and Pure Reference cables and was using these cables since they showed up.
Sometimes it is hard to imanage how already great sound could transform for better especialy when we talk about digital cables.

I have tested the latest creation of Pachanko - Aphelion SATA and boy it is awesome.
If you're not familiar with astronomy, Aphelion is the point in the elliptical orbit of a planet where it is farthest from the sun.
Imanage that you are the planet, the Sun is music and the orbit is your room. And it's good way to describe it.
This is the first quality that undeniably showing when I plug this cable in - The depth perspective. Never had in my system so much of it!
The sound with Aphelion becomes "liquid" like water but the tones are very natural. It just gives you more of this "realism" what we all are after for. Literally can't turn off the music...
Amazing achievement once again!

thank you very much for your findings about Pachanko's new SATA cable! 🙂👍🏼

Others interested in more details about this cable please see here: https://shop.highend-audiopc.com/collections/sata-cables/products/pachanko-aphelion-sata-cable

Very best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On 2/17/2020 at 3:30 AM, mancubus said:

So... Chan did it again!

I'm happy user of Pachanko Reference and Pure Reference cables and was using these cables since they showed up.
Sometimes it is hard to imanage how already great sound could transform for better especialy when we talk about digital cables.

I have tested the latest creation of Pachanko - Aphelion SATA and boy it is awesome.
If you're not familiar with astronomy, Aphelion is the point in the elliptical orbit of a planet where it is farthest from the sun.
Imanage that you are the planet, the Sun is music and the orbit is your room. And it's good way to describe it.
This is the first quality that undeniably showing when I plug this cable in - The depth perspective. Never had in my system so much of it!
The sound with Aphelion becomes "liquid" like water but the tones are very natural. It just gives you more of this "realism" what we all are after for. Literally can't turn off the music...
Amazing achievement once again!

I am have been using Pachanko SATA and other cables for quite some time, started with the SATA MKII, then replaced the MKII with the Reference SATA when it became available, I moved up to the Pure Reference SATA later, for every upgrade I did the SQ made a big leap forward, noise floor was reduced with each upgrade, also the sonics, soundstage depth and width improved.

Definitely the icing on the cake is the move to the Aphelion SATA, I could hear an improvement in the sound quality within a few minutes after replacing the Pure Reference with the Aphelion, the sound kept getting better the longer I play the music with the new Aphelion SATA cable.

There is  more openness to the performances, more spaciousness around the performers, even more depth and width in the soundstage. My 23' x 17' listening room seemed even bigger than it is with the new cable.

I listened to the Eva Cassidy Nightbird CD as my reference, listening and comparing the two Pachanko cables (Pure Reference and Aphelion) on tracks "Ain't no Sunshine", "Fields of Gold", "Stormy Monday", and "Wonderful World", the Aphelion was definitely the winner.

The acoustics of the Blues Alley Jazz Club was more revealing on the Aphelion than the Pure Reference.

After the Aphelion was in for more than 100 hours I invited some friends over to validate what I was hearing with the differences between the two cables, and they all agreed that the  new Aphelion SATA was the clear winner.

I highly recommend the Pachanko Aphelion SATA cable!!!!

Music Server-2-10-2020.jpg

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon