IGNORED

Tidal and WiMP through your software player of choice

I can confirm that last version is working in Archlinux (AudioLinux) and HQplayer Desktop is starting.

As an alternative it is possible (unchecking HQplayer in Tidal plugin) to play all files with HQplayer embedded adding /home<user>/.Kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings><audio>
<defaultplayer>*title of your configuration*:SignalystHQPlayer3</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Where you should substitute *title of your configuration* with the name in the "title" section of hqplayerd.xml in /home/<user>/.hqplayer

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

I'm still not getting things to work, and just tried the latest files that Geoffrey posted in his dropbox. Here's where I am:

Tidal plays within Kodi when the Audiophile (uses external player) is OFF

HQPlayer works on its own as it should.

When I enable the Audiophile (uses external player) and I use Kodi I can see my Tidal playlists, and as a set the cursor on each playlist I get a 3x3 thumbnail gird of the album covers on the bottom right, then when I select a playlist it goes to the next page but never populates it with the tracks.

If I enable Ramdisk I can switch to it and see no activity (no additional files - I do have a copy of HQPlayer in there, thank you Fordski).

General operational questions:

1) Should I see HQPlayer launch? Should I see it as an active application, or see it in Task Manager? Because that isn't happening.

2) If I am using the Ramdisk should I see the playlist URLs populate in the Temp folder that was created (either by Kodi or the Tidal add on, I certainly didn't do it)? Because that isn't happening.

I get the impression that I'm missing something that's easy-stupid but just cant figure it out. I looked through the addon.py file, and through I don't read python nor do I have an editor to see this in its proper structure, I did notice that my HQPlay is installed in the correct directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\HQPlayer-desktop.exe. I also see the new change 'streaming.xml' in the file.

So close yet not quite there...

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

I can confirm that last version is working in Archlinux (AudioLinux) and HQplayer Desktop is starting.

As an alternative it is possible (unchecking HQplayer in Tidal plugin) to play all files with HQplayer embedded adding /home<user>/.Kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings><audio>
<defaultplayer>*title of your configuration*:SignalystHQPlayer3</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Where you should substitute *title of your configuration* with the name in the "title" section of hqplayerd.xml in /home/<user>/.hqplayer

I'm very glad to hear Tidal Audiophile is working in Archlinux.

I've been aware for many years that it's possible to set-up HQP as an external player for Kodi using a combination of settings in "playercorefactory.xml" and "advancedsettings.xml" within the userdata folder of your Kodi installation.

The problem for me with this approach when using the streaming services has always been that Kodi hands over each track one at a time and loses all connection with the track. There's no way of telling the external player when the current track ends (track duration) and it's time to load the next track. Try to send an album or playlist (anything more than one track) to HQPlayer and a separate instance of HQP will be launched for each of those tracks.

The same situation occurs for local files on Windows or Mac, if for example, you try to send all the tracks from a playlist or album from J River to HQPlayer. Perhaps there's a different solution for this on Linux. I don't know because it's been a while now since I last worked seriously in a Linux environment, and then not with Audio apps.

My solution for local files on all platforms so far is another add-on for Subsonic. This requires installing Kodi, Subsonic and my addon.

Of course you can always use J River on Windows and Mac as your library manager and create playlists which you export and then load into HQPlayer.

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

It still, however, loses the playlist with any movement within HQP whatsoever, even something as inert as opening the settings window and then simply pressing cancel (i.e closing the window after having done nothing).

That is how it is with HQP. If you access the settings.prefs panel anything you had loaded in the tracklist is lost. That's true whether the playlist came from Tidal or local files on your hard drive.

In my earlier post #84 response to Ted I wrote

There is now no difference between a redbook file on your hard drive played through HQP and the same file residing on your hard drive using the same HQP settings. (Provided of course, the files are from the same master).

This should have read:

There is now no difference between a redbook file on your hard drive played through HQP and the same file played back from Tidal using the same HQP settings. (Provided of course, the files are from the same master).

General operational questions:

1) Should I see HQPlayer launch? Should I see it as an active application, or see it in Task Manager? Because that isn't happening.

2) If I am using the Ramdisk should I see the playlist URLs populate in the Temp folder that was created (either by Kodi or the Tidal add on, I certainly didn't do it)? Because that isn't happening.

I get the impression that I'm missing something that's easy-stupid but just cant figure it out. I looked through the addon.py file, and through I don't read python nor do I have an editor to see this in its proper structure, I did notice that my HQPlay is installed in the correct directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\HQPlayer-desktop.exe. I also see the new change 'streaming.xml' in the file.

So close yet not quite there...

You should see HQPlayer Launch, yes.

A playlist named "TidalNow.m3u8" should be created in the folder: \user\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Cache\

This file should contain the URLs you've just loaded from Tidal.

This is created in the same place regardless of whether or not you are using Ramdisk.

If you do use Ramdisk you Ram Disk should be given the name "Ramdisk", reside on the R:\ drive and all the necessary HQPlayer files should be copied there, including HQPlayer Desktop.exe and all the .dll files from the normal HQPlayer installation.

I hope it helps,

Geoff

The directory you are pointing to does exist, in my case its C:\Users\default.--\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache but there is no TidalNow.m3u8 file in there, there is a Temp folder (that's empty) and 5 .fi files (which looks like gibberish in Notepad), and a cookies.dat file.

No launching of HQPlayer at all.

Admittedly I am brand new to Kodi (though I did manage to get Genesis installed and found a movie for us to watch tonight)

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

I did request Damien years ago to support internet streams, since I felt it would become important.

Well, it's still not there in A+. Damien has indicated he plans to support streaming (starting with Qobuz) but the timeframe is unknown. His priority at the moment is developing an IOS remote.

I'd love to try this solution with A+ but I'll have to wait for Damien to support streaming. I have no idea how difficult this is to implement.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Bravo Geoffrey ! Bravo!

I have tried your Kodi add-on, in conjunction with Wimp & foobar.

More importantly, I am able to utilise the SoX re-sampler as a component within foobar to upsample Wimp to 176.4

I am having intermittent problems with track listings and monumental waiting times for the next bit of the playlist to load (several minutes), but I shall persevere.

Bravo again Geoffrey !

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

The directory you are pointing to does exist, in my case its C:\Users\default.--\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache but there is no TidalNow.m3u8 file in there, there is a Temp folder (that's empty) and 5 .fi files (which looks like gibberish in Notepad), and a cookies.dat file.

No launching of HQPlayer at all.

Admittedly I am brand new to Kodi (though I did manage to get Genesis installed and found a movie for us to watch tonight)

Please send me a pm and I'll find the best way to support you.

Thanks,

Geoff

Well, it's still not there in A+. Damien has indicated he plans to support streaming (starting with Qobuz) but the timeframe is unknown. His priority at the moment is developing an IOS remote.

I'd love to try this solution with A+ but I'll have to wait for Damien to support streaming. I have no idea how difficult this is to implement.

He already supports opening of standard .m3u playlists, which is a good part of the way there. Every software player should support this imho.

Then the ability to open streaming urls within these lists would be enough. I don't think that should be a big deal.

…and it would allow support of both Qobuz and Tidal using my method; but perhaps he prefers to interface to Qobuz directly.

I've purchased HQPlayer so that I can use your add-on Geoff!

Playing TIDAL streams via HQP really does make a huge difference and thanks for doing this! :)

One strange thing is that a lot of the times the Preview app opens to display the album artwork before the HQP is launched, is there a way to stop this at all?

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

I've purchased HQPlayer so that I can use your add-on Geoff!

Playing TIDAL streams via HQP really does make a huge difference and thanks for doing this! :)

One strange thing is that a lot of the times the Preview app opens to display the album artwork before the HQP is launched, is there a way to stop this at all?

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

You're quite right, that HQP should really be launched before the artwork is displayed. I'll take a look at it and see if this can be improved.

geoff

Thank you!

Do you have the version with the interlude slider in settings?

This should be in the last version I provided.

You may be able to reduce the wait time by reducing the interlude value.

Geoff

Geoff: I have 1.6.2 and the slider is set to 2.

I forgot to mention that this is all running on a Windows 7 Nettop (1.8G processor 2Mb RAM) upsampling & all with nary a glitch.

The thing that it took me longest to get used to is the fact that once Kodi has passed the stream to foobar, you can close Kodi and the stream keeps on going.

I've noticed that one or other of the bits of software in play here throws up a jpg of the artwork on offer at Tidal/Wimp. As a separate item, not within foobar. It seems to be whenever the next chunk of the playlist is loaded.

I am currently listening to Freddie Hubbard Nine Classic Albums 1960-1962 and the playlist is being dished up in correct track order. I have noticed with other multi disk sets that the playlist tends to be all the track 01 from all disks then all the track 02 & so on.

I'll keep on passing on my observations.

Bravo Geoff, once again!

Matthew

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

I think it could be also possible to play Tidal with HQPlayer Embedded in following way:

1) In BubbleUPnP (on Android) go to Settings -> Local Media Server

2) Under "cloud content" enable TIDAL and setup your account

3) Select HQPlayer as renderer and Local Media Server as the server

4) Try browsing and playing the content

I don't have a Tidal account so I cannot test this, but I'd like to hear if it works... (you may also want to disable transcoding)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

What about the iOS Miska, is there something similar to BubleUPnP?

media : connect : premium is most advanced I've found for iOS, but it is a bit buggy and doesn't have nearly as many features as BubbleUPnP. So it doesn't really have a cloud service support like BubbleUPnP has.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

So, so close. I have Kodi 15 (playing through HQPlayer) and the latest plugin working together on OSX 10.10.2, but...

1) When I navigate to and open Tidal playlists through Kodi, most are empty or at the very least have missing songs

2) Empty track names and artists shown in HQ Player for some playlists (which also have missing tracks)

3) A big playlist throws an error; Unauthorized.

Tracks that are seen/sent to HQPlayer play wonderfully.

Any ideas?

So damn close to such an awesome solution. Being able to save playlists sent over by Kodi means (I assume) it only needs to be done once, and an offline playlist file can be saved and opened locally.

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Simaudio Moon 600i - Lumin A1

Kii Three - KEF LS50

I think it could be also possible to play Tidal with HQPlayer Embedded in following way:

1) In BubbleUPnP (on Android) go to Settings -> Local Media Server

2) Under "cloud content" enable TIDAL and setup your account

3) Select HQPlayer as renderer and Local Media Server as the server

4) Try browsing and playing the content

I don't have a Tidal account so I cannot test this, but I'd like to hear if it works... (you may also want to disable transcoding)

Jussi, is there a Windows enbedded version, or just Linux?