IGNORED

Tidal and WiMP through your software player of choice

I may have missed it somewhere, but is it possible for Kodi to send locally hosted files to HQPlayer?

It will be possible if/when I decide to release the alternative software for the Sound Galleries Music server, publicly. For HQPlayer Roon does the job very well. My latest, yet to be released Kodi plug-in also supports Bughead and Foobar2000.

I'll post here once I decide to release it.

Best,

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

It will be possible if/when I decide to release the alternative software for the Sound Galleries Music server, publicly. For HQPlayer Roon does the job very well. My latest, yet to be released Kodi plug-in also supports Bughead and Foobar2000.

Thank you so much, Geoff. I would very much appreciate it if you would release it. I don't really care about Roon. For one, no browse by folder and it is pretty much useless for large classical collections. For another, Kodi is free. And we all know how much Roon costs. If you decided to charge for your addon, I would be happy to pay for it.

Thank you so much, Geoff. I would very much appreciate it if you would release it. I don't really care about Roon. For one, no browse by folder and it is pretty much useless for large classical collections. For another, Kodi is free. And we all know how much Roon costs. If you decided to charge for your addon, I would be happy to pay for it.

Thanks for your feedback Keith. Although it's not usual to charge for open source software, I have put a lot of effort into it, so I'm considering asking for donations if I release it.

It really depends on the amount of interest here and elsewhere. I could attach an individual license to each; but I'm more inclined to go the donations route.

The main features of the new Kodi plug-in which I'm calling "Supersonic" are:

1/ Play local files as well as Qobuz, Subsonic and Tidal through HQPlayer.

2/ Play local files through Bughead Emperor/Infinity Blade.

3/ Play local files as well as Qobuz, Subsonic and Tidal streams through Foobar2000.

4/ For local files through HQPlayer only, choice between local file URL or temporary files written to a location of your choice.

5/ Any temporary files can be created in your choice of aif, wav or flac formats.

6/ Optional use of Audiophile inventory for those who have it on Mac and Windows for offline up-sampling prior to creation of temporary files.

7/ When Audiophile inventory is available this will also permit temporary files to be created in DSD (DSF format)

For 6 and 7 you will have to be prepared to wait a while, of course, before the up-sampled temporary files are loaded into your software player of choice.

In all cases library management is handled by Kodi and a Kodi remote app for IOS/Android can be used. For Kodi users I strongly recommend the Kodi "Music remote Pro" app which is nicely focused just on music, rather than all the other crap people tend to use Kodi for.

Anyway, once I've gauged the interest I'll make a decision on whether to release it or just make it available to SGM customers who want it.

Hi Geoffrey, interesting!

5/ Any temporary files can be created in your choice of aif, wav or flac formats.

Does your 'temporary files' solution cover native DSD files (DSF format)? I would expect them to be copied to temporary files folder unchanged. Is that possible?

Under my understanding 'temporary files' folder could be for example RAM disk on HQPlayer computer. That would allow low noise HQPlayer playback form RAM disk.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
Hi Geoffrey, interesting!

Does your 'temporary files' solution cover native DSD files (DSF format)? I would expect them to be copied to temporary files folder unchanged. Is that possible?

Under my understanding 'temporary files' folder could be for example RAM disk on HQPlayer computer. That would allow low noise HQPlayer playback form RAM disk.

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Native DSD are just copied to your temp location of choice, which can be a RAM disk.

Hi Geoff, happy to see you active on this thread again. I wasn't aware of the Kodi Music Remote Pro (or even the free version) and how can you go wrong for $3.99?

Good to hear you are continuing to refine your solution and considering release for a donation. You encouraged me to try Qobuz and it's been a great decision. I just finished building a new Windows 10 computer and I plan to revisit HQPlayer evaluation with my micro rendu. I need a good integrated GUI and Roon isn't it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I am exited by the prospect of being able to use Kodi to play my music files through HQPlayer. I have downloaded Kodi, and the Kodi Music app on my iPad. Exactly what I am looking for in terms of remote control, so easy to use. If we are able to harness the wonderful SQ of HQPlayer with the ease of remote management via Kodi it will be wonderful.

Well Geoff, it looks as if you have your answer as to how much interest your addon will generate. And this is in a thread titled "Tidal and WiMP through your software player of choice" ...! Imagine how much attention it will get if it was in its own thread, e.g. "Use Kodi to send audio to HQPlayer". Given how many HQP fans there are on CA, and how many people DON'T want to use Roon, and find the Roon alternatives unsatisfactory ... I am 100% sure the response will be overwhelming.

So pretty please, and with sugar sprinkles on top ... can we have the plugin? :) :) :)

• 4 months later...