IGNORED

Article: Geek Speak: How To Build A UPnP / DLNA / OpenHome Renderer For Less Than $100

Thanks Chris!

I do not have a NAS and wonder if this device can be configured to be used with just an external USB HD containing the music files, streaming to an USB DAC while being controled with an iPad/iPhone app like the Auralic Aries does. If so, could you or anybody else point out to a link with instructions on how to do achieve that?

TIA,

JoseL

JoseL

Not currently because none of the UPnP servers support sending TIDAL audio to a renderer. If JRiver could integrate TIDAL then it would be game on!

LMS 7.9 on server getting Tidal from Ickstream and sending it to the BBB with a Linux version of Squeezelite as player. I use this configuration right now with two Windows computers very successfully and as a bonus Tidal is very stable coming from Ickstream.

Just a thought.

LMS 7.9 on server getting Tidal from Ickstream and sending it to the BBB with a Linux version of Squeezelite as player. I use this configuration right now with two Windows computers very successfully and as a bonus Tidal is very stable coming from Ickstream.

Just a thought.

I believe this is how the SOtM sms-100 operates.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks Chris!

I do not have a NAS and wonder if this device can be configured to be used with just an external USB HD containing the music files, streaming to an USB DAC while being controled with an iPad/iPhone app like the Auralic Aries does. If so, could you or anybody else point out to a link with instructions on how to do achieve that?

TIA,

JoseL

Hi JoseL - of course anything is possible, but the features you're looking for aren't a good match for this specific device ( the way it's setup).

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

This is great, Chris. It looks like even a simpleton such as myself could do this as you've made it all extremely easy. If you wanted to connect with a USB dongle, how would you go about configuring it to connect to your network (if, like me, you have no Linux experience)? I suppose you could connect it to a monitor and keyboard but then what?

This is great, Chris. It looks like even a simpleton such as myself could do this as you've made it all extremely easy. If you wanted to connect with a USB dongle, how would you go about configuring it to connect to your network (if, like me, you have no Linux experience)? I suppose you could connect it to a monitor and keyboard but then what?

Hi stevem2 - What do mean by USB dongle?

Something like this that they sell for use with this unit (it was mentioned in a prior post):

UWN200 b/g/n USB wireless adapter | Logic Supply

Ah, now I get it :~)

Configuring this to work with one's wireless network would require some configuration via command line. You can SSH into the device and use en editor like nano to make the changes. If this sounds like I'm talking in another language, then you'll need some very detailed instructions. Because I don't have this adapter right now I can't provide those directions in the detail you'll need.

Not currently because none of the UPnP servers support sending TIDAL audio to a renderer. If JRiver could integrate TIDAL then it would be game on!

I have BubbleUPNP installed on an old Android phone as a control point, pointed at my CAPS as the server and a BBB as a renderer and am sending Tidal to my Volumio/BBB/Dragonfly combo ethernet in from a wireless range extender. Working like a charm.

Thanks Chris!

TIA,

JoseL

Assuming you have a computer of some sort; you can utilise this without a DAC running either J.River or another UPnP server - I would recommend Minimserver - on your computer.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The specs say there is a miniUSB port and a microHDMI port. I assumed that the one on the same side as the LAN port was the HDMI and the one below the USB was the miniUSB. Hard to tell from the photo though.

There is a miniUSB port on the BBB but this is a client port. You can attach the BBB to your computer and see what is on the internal flash drive like a USB key. This can not be used like a HOST port to attach a USB device.

Use HomePlug or a wifi access point if you want the BBB in a remote location.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

I have BubbleUPNP installed on an old Android phone as a control point, pointed at my CAPS as the server and a BBB as a renderer and am sending Tidal to my Volumio/BBB/Dragonfly combo ethernet in from a wireless range extender. Working like a charm.

Any idea how to get Spotify streamed to multiple rooms simultaneously via a Mac setup? Thanks.

Any idea how to get Spotify streamed to multiple rooms simultaneously via a Mac setup? Thanks.

Afraid not. No Mac, no Spotify, no expertise. Got the idea to try the Bubble control point from reading a post of TedB's on the Sonore Signature Rendu.

Any thoughts on how to stream Spotify to multiple rooms simultaneously using a Mac setup? Thanks.

Any thoughts on how to stream Spotify to multiple rooms simultaneously using a Mac setup? Thanks.

I don't think it can be done with the current configuration. I would look into Sonos.