IGNORED

Article: Geek Speak: How To Build A UPnP / DLNA / OpenHome Renderer For Less Than $100

Well, I bought an ifi iPower for use with this streamer. A nice improvement. Makes me wonder if the power supplies in these streamers really are the critical pieces. Is the Sonore MicroRendu only something special because of hate high end power supplies that are used with it?

Well, I bought an ifi iPower for use with this streamer. A nice improvement. Makes me wonder if the power supplies in these streamers really are the critical pieces. Is the Sonore MicroRendu only something special because of hate high end power supplies that are used with it?

I've got a couple of Beagle Bone Blacks that I use as NASs rather than streamers, and I power them with iFi iPowers.

I use Raspberry Pis as streamers to drive USB DACs and power those with iFi iUBS3.0 Nanos as the Nanos can both power the Pis and clean up the USB output going into the DACs. I think it is a really cost effective combination. Maybe not quite as good as a MicroRendu (I've never heard the MicroRendu), but then it is less than half the cost.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this nice piece of software. I used it daily playing files from my Asset UPNP server through an iFi iDSD portable DAC connected to my Yamaha amp. I experience a little trouble though, gapless playback seems broken. On MP3 as well as Flac files. Is there a fix for this or perhaps a change in configuration?

• 4 weeks later...

Seems the latest build for either RoonCore or RoonBridge broke my BeagleBone Black. Every time I try to play music the Zone drops for about 15 seconds and then come backs. The BeagleBone works fine as a UPnP device and Roon works fine to other endpoints. Logs show a (502) bad gateway error.

It was a nice run with this little baby, but looks like it may be done.