IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Not for UK either... still use airplay for radio then.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Netherlands, Switzerland and Czech republic only at present according to the version revision on the iOS App Store when the Conductor app updated.

What I don't get is, does that mean local stations are now available for people in those regions or a more wide Internet Radio option for just those countries?

Given Internet radio stations are usually available to anyone with an internet connection connection anywhere, I don't really get this current geographical limitation, but I'm sure there's a reason behind it. Hopefully not too long till more regions get it.

stedes

Headphone System:

Source: Aurender N100H

DAC/Amp: Mytek Brooklyn / Marantz HD-DAC-1

Headphones: Audeze LCD-2 2016 rev

Netherlands, Switzerland and Czech republic only at present according to the version revision on the iOS App Store when the Conductor app updated.

What I don't get is, does that mean local stations are now available for people in those regions or a more wide Internet Radio option for just those countries?

Given Internet radio stations are usually available to anyone with an internet connection connection anywhere, I don't really get this current geographical limitation, but I'm sure there's a reason behind it. Hopefully not too long till more regions get it.

Hi stedes, I live in The Netherlands and the only options I have now are stations in The Netherlands and in Belgium. Fine for me, but also to me the limitation is not clear.

Hi stedes, I live in The Netherlands and the only options I have now are stations in The Netherlands and in Belgium. Fine for me, but also to me the limitation is not clear.

How does it come up in conductor app? Can you post a screenshot?

stedes

Headphone System:

Source: Aurender N100H

DAC/Amp: Mytek Brooklyn / Marantz HD-DAC-1

Headphones: Audeze LCD-2 2016 rev

How does it come up in conductor app? Can you post a screenshot?

69d166aa8feaf2a3737d42d458d21fe1.jpg

It comes up in the Conductor app like this. There's a separate button for the stations (next to local files and Tidal if you have it), which after selecting them appear in your current playlist. Easy and consistent. [emoji4]

Hello there and nice to meet you here. very interesting topics.

I'm currently looking for a DSD capable transport since my Synology 112+ can't play DSD through USB (AudioStation built-in software player).

I'm seriously considering N100H as an option. I can't find anywhere what is the maximum DSD resolution supported by the player: 5.6448 MHz (DSD 128) or 2.8224MHz (DSD64) ?

Can you help me with this information?

DSD single with digital XLR or coax. 2x with USB

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

Changes from 2.7 /5.5.91 June 6, 2016

* Bug fixes and improvement

•Fixed tracks were not displayed when selected for an album or artist in the cover view mode.

•Fixed Search Clearing function in streaming mode. Previously, Search window would not clear when new content was selected by typing it into the search window.

•Fixed "Turn off" and "Restart” which did not work as expected in "Settings" - “Aurender”.

•Fixed when tracks of an album selected for streaming service didn't display in the large cover view.

•Fixed "favorite status" for internet radio which didn't work.

•Fixed several small bugs and improved stability.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Changes from 2.7 /5.5.91 June 6, 2016

* Bug fixes and improvement

•Fixed tracks were not displayed when selected for an album or artist in the cover view mode.

•Fixed Search Clearing function in streaming mode. Previously, Search window would not clear when new content was selected by typing it into the search window.

•Fixed "Turn off" and "Restart” which did not work as expected in "Settings" - “Aurender”.

•Fixed when tracks of an album selected for streaming service didn't display in the large cover view.

•Fixed "favorite status" for internet radio which didn't work.

•Fixed several small bugs and improved stability.

This 2.7.27 latest version did not work for me on my iPad Air 2.

Pretty much each time I went back to the app, it crashed. Then, if I went to it right away, yes, it worked, but those regular unbidden quits were very irritating.

So I reinstalled the previous version (2.7.17), and all is right again.

Dave, who says one man's story is not necessarily applicable to all but he is curious what others' experiences have been with this lates 2.7.27 version of the iOS app

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

Pretty much each time I went back to the app, it crashed. Then, if I went to it right away, yes, it worked, but those regular unbidden quits were very irritating.

Dave, who says one man's story is not necessarily applicable to all but he is curious what others' experiences have been with this lates 2.7.27 version of the iOS app

The same over here, I'm afraid. Not very stable indeed..

I have an AIR with 128 gb and it works fine.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear fellow Aurender users...

Yesterday I changed the SATA cable of the SSD disk in my N10 with PPA Black SATA cable I had lying around from the previous setup. To do that, I had to use an extension cable for the power part since the aurender SATA connection is a combined data/power cable. A simple SATA Power extension did the trick.

And the result is simply outstanding.

Just so you know...

Cheers

KK

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

Having similar issues with crashing and the app also not "remembering" the Aurender, doing a search, and not "finding" the Aurender.

Where and how did you find and install the prior version of Conductor?

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Well, with any important app or application -- whether for mobile devices or on my Mac computers -- I never "upgrade" without first saving a copy of the older version.

So, in this case, I have folder where I put each version of the Aurender app, and make sure all are there before making any changes. Like below...

But the horse is already out of your barn, Steve, so send me a PM and we can connect again by phone so I can describe in more detail the fix. I don't feel like writing a bunch now.

Dave, who has in his 32 years of using personal computers typically been proactive protective since he doesn't fully trust promises of "upgrades" and has seen those problems plus dying hard drives and other glitches

aurender_apps_folder.jpg

Having similar issues with crashing and the app also not "remembering" the Aurender, doing a search, and not "finding" the Aurender.

Where and how did you find and install the prior version of Conductor?

Well, with any important app or application -- whether for mobile devices or on my Mac computers -- I never "upgrade" without first saving a copy of the older version.

So, in this case, I have folder where I put each version of the Aurender app, and make sure all are there before making any changes. Like below...

But the horse is already out of your barn, Steve, so send me a PM and we can connect again by phone so I can describe in more detail the fix. I don't feel like writing a bunch now.

Dave, who has in his 32 years of using personal computers typically been proactive protective since he doesn't fully trust promises of "upgrades" and has seen those problems plus dying hard drives and other glitches

aurender_apps_folder.jpg

I didn't think to keep copies as I don't use iTunes backups, which I think are how you go about "fixing" this sort of thing. I've contacted support to see what my options are.

Also seeing another odd bit about this latest version. Seems the app not merely crashes at times, but even if it's running and I just "close" the iPad's screen and then reopen it has no library information (albums, songs, etc.). It then tries to "find" the Aurender and fails, though it was just using it. If I close the app and reopen it, well everything is there, without any attempt to "find" it again.

I'm using a set of Eero WiFi access points (mesh network). Have created a reservation in the network for the Aurender thinking that might help. Has not. Very strange.

By the way, have you ever had instances where while playing music it suddent stops, only to resume about 5-10 seconds later. I have and find that when it happens, and I pause the song, use the slider to move back in time, and then resume there's no repeat of the issue. So, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with a bad rip or the internal disk but possibly the SSD or the OS properly accessing the SSD. Saw similar stuff with Apple OS X about a year ago on a Mac Mini.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

No, luckily have not (yet) had that problem.

By the way, have you ever had instances where while playing music it suddent stops, only to resume about 5-10 seconds later. I have and find that when it happens, and I pause the song, use the slider to move back in time, and then resume there's no repeat of the issue. So, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with a bad rip or the internal disk but possibly the SSD or the OS properly accessing the SSD. Saw similar stuff with Apple OS X about a year ago on a Mac Mini.

New update today 2.7.32- Internet radio for Belgium and Luxembourg. Bug fixes - Improved stability and fixed sometimes the Aurender is not connected even when the app shows it is connected.

It was a quick update.

Had no issues either with music stopping. But the rest of the bugs you are describing above do appear here on my iPad Mini exactly the way you describe them. Time for a more stable version, Aurender..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Decided to try and connect the Aurender directly to a switch port on my Sonos Connect box that's close by, instead of direct connection to the Eero WiFi access point. That has seemingly stopped the problem I have been having with the Conductor app trying to reestablish connection to the Aurender.

Given what I now saw, I contacted Eero support (mesh network devices) and they tell me:

"Hey Steve,Thanks for reaching out to support today. Here's a more technical explanation <

of how we implement bridge loop avoidance from one of our engineers: We use flooded gratuitous ARPs to mark and sweep the paths, and build an internal representation of the topology of the mesh. That way, each node can make routing decisions that prevent looping, but it means that not every node necessarily sees any real ARP (if the node doesn't have a claim to that path segment it won't). The flip side of this is that if a node knows that a particular MAC maps to a particular IP address, it'll respond to an ARP on behalf of the device, even if the device doesn't actually attach to it, which reduces routing latency a lot, but also means that just because you got an ARP response from a particular interface, doesn't mean that device is attached to that particular node.Sonos on the other hand, uses the Spanning Tree Protocol <http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/tech/lan-switching/spanning-tree-protocol/index.html> for bridge loop avoidance.As I mentioned, there is a ton of useful and very technical information on that subreddit. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with further comments or even what you find out from Aurender."

I've passed this along to Aurender support and they are investigating.

Ain't networking fun????

Steve Schaffer

I spoke with Aurender and the A10 is due out in September. It now will be with a 4tb hard drive not a 2td. Also the N100H will now have a 4tb hard drive. I can't wait. The dac in the A10 is supposed to be really, really good. I just can't wait.