IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

My display on the A10 went out and Aurender knew this was an issues sent me replacement parts.  Took about 45 mins to do right.  Then it needed to be reprogrammed and left on.  At first it did the same thing pink text but on reboot it is perfect.  Some kind of bad batch of oleds

Noushy

I have an A200 with 2 8 TB SSD drives and am overall happy with it.  However, I have a large music collection and wonder if there are any additional options for adding new files (I am maxed out).  I am waiting for the appearance of 10TB SSD (who knows when).  One option that is possible is adding a USB hard drive.  Would this integrate seamlessly and give me more storage space, or are there issues in doing this.

Fairly significant System Software update for N10 released this morning. The same update will soon be released for other older AMD-based models (those without the newer color screens). Even older, discontinued Aurender products continue to improve over time. 

https://www.notion.so/aurenderteam/Aurender-System-Software-53facc705e3a48e8a91e42f598b7e7e2

V.4.23.117 for N10 (June.28th 2022)

• Improved front panel display readout for more and better information

• Fixed issue where track information did not match the currently playing track in certain conditions.
  • Improved AirPlay experience

• Front panel readout now displays metadata when available
    • Improved stability
  • Fixed an issue causing a playback error (noise) of Qobuz content in specific conditions

• Improved DAC compatibility

• Fixed noise issue when resuming playback from "pause" state with specific DACs:
      • Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Gen 5
      • Schiit Audio Bitfrost
    • Added Native DSD support for DACs
      • Mytek Brooklyn bridge
      • Ideon Absolute DAC
      • Ekco eva I20
      • NuPrime IDA-16
      • CocktailAudio X45Pro
      • Esoteric K-03xd
  • Fixed front panel display behavior (on/off, per user preference) while streaming from Spotify or AirPlay device

• Improved NAS support

• Fixed failure to recognize some NAS devices
    • Improved connection compatibility
  • Improved overall stability

• Fixed other minor issues

18 minutes ago, steveoat said:

I have an A200 with 2 8 TB SSD drives and am overall happy with it.  However, I have a large music collection and wonder if there are any additional options for adding new files (I am maxed out).  I am waiting for the appearance of 10TB SSD (who knows when).  One option that is possible is adding a USB hard drive.  Would this integrate seamlessly and give me more storage space, or are there issues in doing this.

Your best option would be to add an ACS100 or ACS10 as a storage hub. ACS100 has 2 x 2.5" bays where you can install another 2 8TB SSDs, BYO drives. Or, ACS10 ships with 2 8TB HDDs built in, plus it has Aurender's hallmark isolated USB Audio port and a beautifully quiet power supply if you have a second system where you may want to use Aurender as your source. 

2 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

Your best option would be to add an ACS100 or ACS10 as a storage hub. ACS100 has 2 x 2.5" bays where you can install another 2 8TB SSDs, BYO drives. Or, ACS10 ships with 2 8TB HDDs built in, plus it has Aurender's hallmark isolated USB Audio port and a beautifully quiet power supply if you have a second system where you may want to use Aurender as your source. 

I second this approach. Integrating the content on an ACS with another Aurender server is very simple and works very well. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

28 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

So, just to be sure, if I went with the ACS100, and supposed I added two 4 TB SSD (total of 8 TB), I would have a total of 24 TB storage space if combined with the 16 TB of my N200 )correction -- I have an N200, not a A 200)?

19 hours ago, jfddoc said:

Could we get a quick explanation of the symbols in the upper right corner of the front panel display on the N10 software update?  Thanks.

Thank you. That was an accidental ommission from the release notes, which have now been updated. Here is the info you requested:

New graphic user interface to indicate HDD, USB, and Repeat Mode Status:

image.png.ac0c82148c9d15101aeda7f17772822d.png

Since the last update(s) I can't play DSD files. I reported the problem. Esoteric F-05 integrated amplifier. Software => Change one thing and break another.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Thanks for the explanation of the upper right corner symbols.  Since the last N10 software update, I've noted that Qobuz adds about  2-3 hours of "similar" tracks when it gets to the last track in the Queue.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

On 7/1/2022 at 7:15 PM, rwwjr44 said:

Since the last update(s) I can't play DSD files. I reported the problem. Esoteric F-05 integrated amplifier. Software => Change one thing and break another.

I also could not play DSD file since last update of N10 on Ayre QX5. Need support.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:15 PM, rwwjr44 said:

FYI. with one further minor update on firmware of N10 to version 4.23.124, the DSD playing is back to normal.

15 hours ago, wjt3 said:

Anyone figure out how to print a list out of stored music? I have an A30 model-  Really just looking for a list of Artists followed by their cds/  Tired of buying the same cd by mistake?!?!? No idea  thanks

Yep, me too!  Also with the A30.  Also, any tips or tricks for backing up the stored content?  (I know, consider me to be somewhat a rookie on some of these things.)

1 hour ago, Len44 said:

Yep, me too!  Also with the A30.  Also, any tips or tricks for backing up the stored content?  (I know, consider me to be somewhat a rookie on some of these things.)

I use both an external hard drive and NAS for backup.  Highlight, drag and drop all the folders from one drive to the other.  Very simple.  I only do 30-40 folders (which the ripping software names by artist) at a time incase something interrupts the process and I don't have to go back and start over with many, many folders.  I usually put the folders on the NAS and the external HD before I upload to the Aurender.  This way--- any duplicates are found before the final upload.  Just my two cents.

16 hours ago, wjt3 said:

Anyone figure out how to print a list out of stored music? I have an A30 model-  Really just looking for a list of Artists followed by their cds/  Tired of buying the same cd by mistake?!?!? No idea  thanks

Hi wjt3,

Let me chime in.

Open any web browser then type in the IP address of your Aurender. You'll then presented with a page with a link to download the "tracks.csv" file. Once the file is downloaded, you can edit and print with MS Excel or other spreadsheet apps.

Hope this is helpful.

Aur.jpg

Aurender N10 - EMM Labs DA2 - Pass Labs XP-30 - Pass Labs X350.8 - B&W 802D2 - PS Audio P12

Hello @AurenderAmerica, Since the last update of my Aurender N100C the information on the display is no longer correct for 24 bit 192 kHz music files, it now reads MP3 192 kbps. See the attachment. Greetings Emile

78BE4591-F275-44C9-BF90-9D843889D9C8.jpeg

source Aurender N100c dac Lampizator Amber 3 Balanced amp McIntosh MA7900 loudspeakers Sonus Faber Nova II loudspeaker cable NBS Monitor III interlink NBS Monitor IV XLR powercords NBS Monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

192 kbps is likely MP3. 

The music files are 192 kHz, I have corrected the above text 👍🏻

99FA8FD9-F996-4B81-864B-46CCAC85079A.png

source Aurender N100c dac Lampizator Amber 3 Balanced amp McIntosh MA7900 loudspeakers Sonus Faber Nova II loudspeaker cable NBS Monitor III interlink NBS Monitor IV XLR powercords NBS Monitor IV, NBS Active III usb cable Audioquest Carbon