IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

Tidal has streamed very well the last few months both on the standalone app and via Roon.

Occasionally, I get those "We are experiencing bandwidth problems..." messages yet I can't perceive any audio quality degradation when the message appears. In addition, the HIFI indicator stays on.

Though it was aggravating back in the late spring/early summer, the quality of streaming on Tidal has been superb since then.

T.

I agree, completely. :-)

Using Mac Desktop client, I can play individual tracks just fine. If I play an album or playlist, it will play a song, and at the end of the song, the 'play/pause' icon changes to a spinning wheel and just spins, failing to advance to the next song in the track. If I click on the next song, it will play fine, then repeat the spinning at the end of that song.

Is there a trick to getting Tidal to advance on it's own through a playlist?

Using Mac Desktop client, I can play individual tracks just fine. If I play an album or playlist, it will play a song, and at the end of the song, the 'play/pause' icon changes to a spinning wheel and just spins, failing to advance to the next song in the track. If I click on the next song, it will play fine, then repeat the spinning at the end of that song.

Is there a trick to getting Tidal to advance on it's own through a playlist?

No its not supposed to work thay way.

As for my problem. I contacted support and they dont know why I cant stream AAC. I guess theres still some bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Tidal running just fine through Google Chrome, yet now it won't play any audio, hi fi or otherwise. It will play audio from video for some reason. Tidal will play through Waterfox, but only non-hifi mode. I'm using Chrome 39...it is the same at work or home. It works fine on my phone apps (both Android & Apple), but not for my computers. Any ideas? thanks

/ l l l \

Jp

I received a response from TIDAL support re my TIDAL HIFI subscription regarding an album I listed for My Music/Favorites/Albums. Happens to be a Bill Evans album that was available from TIDAL and then disappeared. A search turned up empty. Naturally, I emailed TIDAL to find out what happened.

Here's the response I received:

"I have searched for the Album for you and it seems it has been removed. Which can happen due to the label changing streaming licenses. I do apologize, you can request music at this link https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/201937771-How-do-I-request-new-music-on-TIDAL- and we will do our best to add it."

That may be the nature of a subscription -- here today, gone tomorrow. But at a healthy subscription rate per month for HIFI, I am wondering what prompts the "gone tomorrow" outcome. This album can be purchased used, new or from iTunes (not happening). New is a fortune as it is out of print. Used (not a choice for me my preference).

Solutions are available, but, majorly disappointed.

Best,

Richard

Hey,

Not sure of your particular OS, etc. Make sure that the browser isn't muting the audio. The new browser releases have this as an option.

All I can think of.

T.

Thanks for responding db. I am using Windows 7, 64 bit at home & work. The browser is not muting at all. The stream does not play (when I mouse over the timing clock, it stays at 0.00). As I mentioned, it plays audio from video, but not any audio from the songs I select. It worked fine until last week, now I get nothing.

/ l l l \

Jp

I feel your pain. I think the artists are getting wise to streaming and how it affects music sales. Like having their entire catalog available except for that one critically acclaimed, best selling standout album. I hate it when that hapens.

Tidal has proven to be a great alternative to my manic music buying. I am much more selective now that i can listen to an artist/album at least once before deciding whether to buy the album. I am buying less but better quality. In that respect the Tidal subscription pays for itself.

My resentment about disappearing recordings doesnt last very long. It often forces my decision whether to buy the recording and at what price. The title gets added to my wish list.

i am loving Tidal & Roon. Between the music reviews at Allmusic.com. Rollingstone.com, and the dailyaudiophile.com, I am becoming a vegetable.

I had this problem on my Mac OS last spring when Tidal was moving to new servers. OSX has a utility (Activity Monitor) that lets you watch the network activity. I learned that the next track gets pulled down and queued up during the last half-minute or so of the current track. (This may be different for different OS. I think Roon pulls the Tidal track down shortly after starting to play the current track.)

What I did was shut down everything except Tidal. It seemed like anything that might interfere with that "pull down" request at that moment could interfere with continous track after track playing. I had better results (at that time) by having the Mac do nothing else but run Tidal. No browsing, messaging, Facetime, etc. just Tidal and the Activity Monitor.

(Nowadays Tidal seems to work fine regardless of how much other stuff I have running.)

I know Windows has a utility similar to Activity Monitor. This will tell you if and when the track is downloaded.

You might have some security software interfering with the automatic request/download. If you can disable it for a few tracks, that would tell you.

It's always good practice to clear out your browsing history, cookies, etc. turn off any unnecessary programs. If you are running Tidal from a webplayer using Chrome, close any other tabs. Check your browser settings for addons that may conflict.

Good Luck Jim.

Hi all

the windows version of the player keeps crashing after every and each song. Via Chrome everything just works fine. Anybody else got that issue?

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi all

the windows version of the player keeps crashing after every and each song. Via Chrome everything just works fine. Anybody else got that issue?

Best,

Phil

Works fine on windows 7 and 10 for me using HP Laptop, actually may 10 may sound better although haven't done a side by side comparison.

• 4 weeks later...
Just seeing if there are any Aussies in this discussion thread.

Was happily using Tidal via my Auralic until 3-4 days ago when random tracks will stutter so badly it's unusable.

Rebooting routers, gateways, Auralic not seeming to help at all.

Yes in Perth here, been using Tidal for a few months. But like you, in the last couple of days, it now stutters, stops, etc.

Almost unusable.

In Victoria here, Tidal worked fine for months and now is unusable, 320 still works. anyway I sent tech support a message, got no reply so I had to cancel my sub. Which sucks because my audio system was designed with tidal in mind. Now I don't know if I should resubscribe with no way of knowing if the issue is fixed, and waste $25.