IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

The poster asked for an easy to use extraction method once you have an SACD ISO. I see nothing wrong with pointing him to Jesus's GUI. ??

Speaking of which. Why is it not available anymore?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Speaking of which. Why is it not available anymore?

Good point. Not sure, but yes just saw he pulled that page. Sorry.

Hopefully he is off incorporating Miska and Bogi's new changes (ISO to DFF to DSF, using Windows Explorer auto context). It's what I use, since I don't really need the batch capability right now.

Good point. Not sure, but yes just saw he pulled that page. Sorry.

Hopefully he is off incorporating Miska and Bogi's new changes (ISO to DFF to DSF, using Windows Explorer auto context). It's what I use, since I don't really need the batch capability right now.

I posted it on AC in his circle so hopefully he will answer what his plans are.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Looks like we're halfway there... let's hope this comes to pass.

I 'only' have about 60 SACD right now, and all of them are hybrid, so I have ripped the CD layer to my files. Looking forward to getting the higher resolution versions ripped as well.

If this takes a while, I may have to ask Ted_b to rip for me! Not sure he still does that.

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain

If this takes a while, I may have to ask Ted_b to rip for me! Not sure he still does that.

---Michael

Or, if the DSD download is available online from a reputable download site, you could always demonstrate your support of the labels making them available by purchasing them.

Or, if the DSD download is available online from a reputable download site, you could always demonstrate your support of the labels making them available by purchasing them.

I am pretty much buying only DSD these days, but there are still a bunch of SACDs I have that I really want to copy off. That is, without imposing on people to do it for me. It is a real joy to hear a much beloved older album not available as a DSD download anywhere, in DSD. :) :) :) :) :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Not if I already purchased the music in a physical form. I already 'demonstrated' my support. Maybe the labels should give me a free download to thank me for my previous 'demonstration' of support?

I'll take the ripper drive, thank you.

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain

If I didn't have a reworked PS3 and ripped all of my SACDs, I would join.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Why does this need a PS3 drive. Can't it be somehow emulated with any Bluray drive?

Not yet, and perhaps not within a time frame useful to audiophiles. The PS3 drive has the magic that decodes the *hardware encryption* Sony uses for SACDs. Others can also do this if they pay Sony's licensing fees.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Not yet, and perhaps not within a time frame useful to audiophiles. The PS3 drive has the magic that decodes the *hardware encryption* Sony uses for SACDs. Others can also do this if they pay Sony's licensing fees.

Curious, many of the Sony Blu-Ray players decode and play SACDs. Are they using a more current version of the drive in the PS3?

Curious, many of the Sony Blu-Ray players decode and play SACDs. Are they using a more current version of the drive in the PS3?

The drive/system must be one that can have the necessary firmware installed.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Have to be a bit careful there, some of them only read the CD layer. Descriptions can be deceptive...

There are lots of players that read and play SACDs, Sony and otherwise. There are few or none that make the digital bitstream from the SACD available at a digital output. There are four old models of PS3 amenable to the installation of firmware that allows the digital bitstream to be made available. See http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/ .

What the OP is offering here is a chance to be able to hear your SACDs at their best without the hassle of obtaining and configuring one of these old PS3 models. I would suggest that for anyone with SACDs or who thinks they'll be wanting to acquire them, this is an attractive proposition.

Edit: The list is more than halfway to the total number of people (150) needed to make this happen. :)

So I guess making a transport whereby the DSD stream(s) can be extracted straight to a DAC would not be feasible. Such as...

Scarlatti CD/SACD Transport | dCS

Look at the message immediately prior to yours. Note the transport sends an *encrypted* bitstream to the DAC. So it is really just a two box version of what's described in that previous message: An SACD player system without a digital output, at least not one usable for ripping.

So I guess making a transport whereby the DSD stream(s) can be extracted straight to a DAC would not be feasible. Such as...

Scarlatti CD/SACD Transport | dCS

Sounds to me like dCS just paid the license fee to Sony to enable SACD decoding, then updated the firmware in the drive. Or perhaps Pioneer/Teac did and they took advantage of it. Why would you use this as an example? I assume that Sony would license that to pretty much anyone, though at a cost.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Sounds to me like dCS just paid the license fee to Sony to enable SACD decoding, then updated the firmware in the drive. Or perhaps Pioneer/Teac did and they took advantage of it. Why would you use this as an example? I assume that Sony would license that to pretty much anyone, though at a cost.

-Paul

Interestingly enough in the product literature the data extract is referred to as "dCS-encrypted DSD".

-Paul

Was $10,000 USD for the license , and your design had to retain the encryption such that the number of DSD channel bit-streams could not be exposed/rendered externally in .dff form.

Was $10,000 USD for the license , and your design had to retain the encryption such that the number of DSD channel bit-streams could not be exposed/rendered externally in .dff form.

Sounds about right. Think about it, every SACD player made had to be able to read, decrypt, and convert the DSD information to an analog signal - it seems logical that Sony would have to allow/license this as long as the player's manufacturer doesn't let the digital signal slip out the back.

The key to Mr. Wicked's approach is that he found a kink in the Sony armor with respect to certain PS3 players.This was a unique breakthrough and you have to enjoy the irony - it was Sony's own player that "spilled the beans".

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Dear Mr Wicked,

Great idea! Can I ask a stupid question? With a new USB version, is there a chance to modify the ripping process in order to burn sacd-r discs playable in ALL players? I understand that the burning process will also need modification.

Thank you very much!