IGNORED

DFF to DSF conversion

PhVL

6 minutes ago, richard kimber said:

I've just bought a DSD iso.  I have extracted the files but they are .dff

I tried Miska's dff2dsf linux program, but it gives an error: input file is compressed

I'm using Linux - is there any way in Linux to convert these files to .dsf?

Use the Sonore program.  

http://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

• 2 months later...

Gentlemen, I'm new here. I apologize in advance if my question has already been answered in the previous pages.

I've tried to apply the Mr. Bogi suggestions, under W10 s.o. But I'm not able to obtain the conversion. When I start the batch file "AddContextMenuItem" to obtain the "Sento to..." menu, I obtain only a lot of running black windows that I need to stop before go crazy... I see, into the folder, only one batch file "dff2dsf_multi" and no others... And nothing happens.

Can you help me?

Regards,

Giorgio -Italy

Hi Giorgio,

if you aren't using English edition of Windows OS, then I know one fix.

In AddContextMenuItem.bat substitute the line

whoami /groups | findstr /b /c:"Mandatory Label\High Mandatory Level" > nul

with this one:

whoami /groups | findstr /b /c:"S-1-16-12288" > nul

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2014 at 3:00 AM, bogi said:

Atatched you can find my new version v1.1.0. It allows to use 'Send to' menu to sequentially process list of selected DFF files, for example of one music album.

DFFtoDSF.png

For users of previous versions: simply copy new files over old ones and run the bat file again. No need to use 'Run as administrator' anymore.

Please give me your feedback, any comments and suggestions are welcome.

DFF2DSF_context_menu_Win7_Win8_v110.zip

Bogi

Sorry to revive this.

I am in the same boat as the OP but am on Windows Vista.

Does this version of the software work on Vista?

Thanks

Try the utility from 2manyrobots.com.

While at it check Yate, the tagging program I use on mac - works with DSF files as well. Fabulous. BTW, I have no affiliation to 2manyrobots, just a satisfied customer.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

6 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

Bogi

Sorry to revive this.

I am in the same boat as the OP but am on Windows Vista.

Does this version of the software work on Vista?

Thanks

It's free, so try it.  Nothing to lose.  BTW, why are you still on Vista?  :)

Correction of my previous post - note it is without the /b switch:

In AddContextMenuItem.bat substitute the line

whoami /groups | findstr /c:"Mandatory Label\High Mandatory Level" > nul

with this one:

whoami /groups | findstr /c:"S-1-16-12288" > nul

I tested it just now, that works on my PC and most probably works also on non English Windows.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
23 hours ago, miguelito said:

While at it check Yate, the tagging program I use on mac - works with DSF files as well. Fabulous. BTW, I have no affiliation to 2manyrobots, just a satisfied customer.

BTW... The dff2dsf utility is free: https://2manyrobots.com/plaster/

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Hi Bogi, thanks for your suggestion, but no way. The format convertion doesn't work. I'm using the Italian version of W10 64bit.

Must I put dff2dsf files into a special directory (like c:\dff2dsf\)? Or is it ininfluent? At the moment the files are saved onto my desktop, into a DFF2DSF folder...

Thanks for your patience.

Giorgio

On 10/7/2017 at 8:26 PM, miguelito said:

Hi

I copied some DFF files to my Mac and am trying the 2manyrobots app. It mostly works except for a batch of files where it says it doesn't convert DST compressed files. Is there another option to do this?

Also, once the files are in DSF, will they be automatically tagged from the track titles or do i need to use Yate to tag them?

I do not have a DFF or DSF file player on my Mac so I cannot tell if they are tagged or not.

Thanks

On 10/7/2017 at 10:55 PM, ted_b said:

It's free, so try it.  Nothing to lose.  BTW, why are you still on Vista?  :)

Tried it.

It installs but when I hit either DFF to DSF in the bold type or in Send To, a black command prompt window appears and disappears very quickly. Nothing happens and I see no DSF files in the same directory.

I guess it doesn't work.

Why am I on Vista? I can't afford a new computer for now.

21 hours ago, Edmond said:

Hi Bogi, thanks for your suggestion, but no way. The format convertion doesn't work. I'm using the Italian version of W10 64bit.

Must I put dff2dsf files into a special directory (like c:\dff2dsf\)? Or is it ininfluent? At the moment the files are saved onto my desktop, into a DFF2DSF folder...

Thanks for your patience.

Giorgio

I didn't test it with Desktop folder. I would suggest you to try some shorter path like c:\dff2dsf you suggested.

My folder d:\tools\DFF2DSF looks like on the attached picture.

I have too less information to be able to reproduce your issue.

DFF2DSF_inst_folder.png

Hello Bogi, I've tried to reproduce your conditions... I've create a folder d.\DFF2DSF\ and I've installed files... I've removed the old settings (with old path) and restart the batch file to create the two bat files. The RemoveContextMenuItem has the same problems seen for the AddContextMenuItem... a very fast rotation of black windows... Have you a good trick to modify this file like the AddContext modification?

Thanks a lot!

P.S.: at this moment no good news...

Hi Bogi, I've made the test... From d:\dff2dsf> I've wrote the sequence: dff2dsf.exe 01.dff 01.dsf... (or "01.dff" "01.dsf")

The system wrote: "error: input file is compressed"!!!!!!!!!!!! I've used a normal (I think...) DFF file, extracted from an ISO DSD file...

Can you help me?

Thanks

dff2dsf from Signalyst accepts only DFF files with uncompressed DSD content. It doesn't accept compressed (DST) content.

foobar2000 and Jriver Media Center accept DFF files in compressed DST format, but HQPlayer not. The tool dff2dsf from Signalyst doesn't make any decompression of DST content - it simply converts uncompressed DSD content from DFF file format to DSF file format. DSF files always contain uncompressed DSD content. AFAIK no tool to decompress DST content of DFF files is available.

To solve your issue you need to re-extract files from your SACD ISO. You have to extract ISO to uncompressed DFF files or directly to extract ISO to DSF files. You don't need to do it as 2 step operation - at first to extract DFF files from ISO with one tool and then to convert them to DSF with another tool. You can obtain DSF files from SACD ISO in a single tool. You can choose Sonore ISO2DSD or my ISO2DSF.

Hi Bogi,

the problem of malfunction was just about trying to convert compressed .DFF files (which I did not know about existence ...). I found uncompressed DFF files and everything works perfectly!

Thank you so much for patience, for suggestions and expertise.