IGNORED

DFF to DSF conversion

PhVL

Here illustration to my previous post. It's begin of first file.

Traditional DSD decoder can't solve the trouble due the decoder is low frequency filter.

For first file no enough simply remove DC. If we do it, we get click at begin of the file.

For fixing trouble of unwanted DC simultaneously with click at begin of file need special processing.

Now AuI suppress clicks without removing offsets and I research for creating more perfect algorithm.

dc-bias.png

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

kramnotwen,

Thank you for kind words. I plan (while is not exactly) give for demo ability batch converting for source ISO 1-bit audio. In miidle of song will iserted 2s silence (like work demo with DSF/DFF). It allow learn and check the ISO converting in details.

While I think how do it. May be will released other variant.

Best regards,

Yuri

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

• 4 weeks later...
Can be this a solution for Apple users?

TraX for Mac | MacUpdate

I've used TraX to convert a fairly large number of SACD iso's to DSF files. It's easy to use and it works quite well. TraX does not convert DFF's to DSF's. I've been using a free utility from the Yate folks, dff2dsf, for that purpose.

With regard to TraX, the only possible caveat is that on my system, with some albums, I can hear a faint "tick" between the end of one DSF track and the beginning of the next. I'm not 100% certain I can pin this on TraX, but it's probably worth testing this out with TraX's (relatively brief ) trial.

Note, too, that Yuri's software is available for Mac, and he's working actively on solving the "tick" issue.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kramnotwen, thank you. You too! :)

In brief:

1. Added DSF meta tags editor (text and all posiible pictures), file renamer with group editing.

2. All filters for DSF's sample rates replaced to 3G (third generation).

3G filters has better aliases suppression, more gentle.

3. FLAC 32 bit supported.

4. Free DEMO now do batch convertion ISO (with silence 2 sec in middle of track)

Now I learns wish list and work under replacement 2G to 3G filters for 44 kHz.

Best regards,

Yuri

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Yuri!

I have sampled the latest software and after converting an ISO to DSF thought I was still faintly hearing occasional clicks at the start of some tracks. Is this placebo on my part or are you still working on a total solution for this aspect?

I look forward to hearing from you and again thank you for your ongoing development and effort. It is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

kramnotwen

Cheers Yuri!

I have sampled the latest software and after converting an ISO to DSF thought I was still faintly hearing occasional clicks at the start of some tracks. Is this placebo on my part or are you still working on a total solution for this aspect?

I look forward to hearing from you and again thank you for your ongoing development and effort. It is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

kramnotwen

Hi Kramnotwen,

Today I got worked beta (while is not distributed anywhere) with new "right" gapless algorithm.

It allow create seamless transient between albums tracks. But here impossible parallel peocessing of some tracks. Need consequentially file conversion in album order.

If present DC and you playback file separately - possible some click anyway. For playback of album must be no clicks between tracks.

New feature planned for PROduce-RD edition. Now I think how demonstrate it in FREE edition.

If don't uppear unknown for me now troubles, I publish new algorithm in nearest days.

Best regards,

Yuri

• 2 weeks later...

When tagging a dsf file, is there a file size limit? At least I have the impression...

I am using Mp3tag. I am not able to assign tags to the song "04 - Allman Brothers Band - Mountain Jam" (Album: Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach). I think that´s one of the longest track I have: Playtime: ca. 33 Min. Filesize is 1.33GB

When tagging a dsf file, is there a file size limit? At least I have the impression...

I am using Mp3tag. I am not able to assign tags to the song "04 - Allman Brothers Band - Mountain Jam" (Album: Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach). I think that´s one of the longest track I have: Playtime: ca. 33 Min. Filesize is 1.33GB

DSF file has 64 bit size descriptors. It allow have file size more 2 GB (usual WAV limit).

id3 tag placed at end of DSF file.

If meta tag editor properly operate with unsigned 64 bit values - no problem for size file up to 2^64 bytes.

Thanks Yuri.

Please let me know once it is available to test again.

All the best,

kramnotwen

Hi Kramnotwen,

At last I released ISO -> DFF -> DSF/WAV/AIFF/FLAC/... conversion without bursts in solid audio streams.

Now all stages of ISO conversion is seamless.

For non-resampled DSF in Settings window /General tab need turn ON «Don’t make DSP…» switch.

In this case DSF will binary identical to audio stream from ISO.

For gapless (clickless) conversion need (Main window / Parameters tab) turn ON True Gapless Mode switch and turn OFF «Don’t make DSP…» switch.

Metadata saved to output ISO via CUE-file extracted form ISO.

Here I described extraction process with many illustrations How Convert ISO to DSF, WAV, etc. without Clicks (Mac OS X and Windows)

Best regards,

Yuri

• 1 month later...
your tool, both iso and dff2dsf - same error, specially installed Visual C++ 2010 because of missing .dll and then got 0 x000007b...

ISO2DSF uses dff2dsf from Signalyst, you can find link to required Microsoft runtime on that Signalyst page.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Stephanie,

Here how uncompress DST DFF. While under Windows only.

Best regards,

Yuri

• 5 weeks later...
I've used TraX to convert a fairly large number of SACD iso's to DSF files. It's easy to use and it works quite well. TraX does not convert DFF's to DSF's. I've been using a free utility from the Yate folks, dff2dsf, for that purpose.

With regard to TraX, the only possible caveat is that on my system, with some albums, I can hear a faint "tick" between the end of one DSF track and the beginning of the next. I'm not 100% certain I can pin this on TraX, but it's probably worth testing this out with TraX's (relatively brief ) trial.

Note, too, that Yuri's software is available for Mac, and he's working actively on solving the "tick" issue.

--David

Hi David,

Regarding Trax, does it do gapless conversion of ISO to DFF and/or DSF? So far I haven't been able to convert one ISO file into a DSF without a 3 sec. gap.. a "click" would be a great improvement!

Hi David,

Regarding Trax, does it do gapless conversion of ISO to DFF and/or DSF? So far I haven't been able to convert one ISO file into a DSF without a 3 sec. gap.. a "click" would be a great improvement!

That sounds like a player setting. What tool are you using to extract from the ISO?

Hi David,

As I understand, 3 sec. gap it is DEMO’s muting in middle of song?

Here need discriminate:

1. Clickless converting of ISO.

Source ISO’s tracks extracted without gaps. It’s bug of sacd_extract (lost last block of audio data). Solved via intermediate DFF conversion and additional metadata transfer.

It work for AuI ConverteR Audiophile-E and above.

2. True Gapless Conversion

After resampling borders of neighbor converted tracks remains seamless like borders of source tracks.

It does matter for uninterrupted audio streams (live concerts, operas, …).

It work in AuI ConverteR PROduce-RD only.

Both applied for ISO/DSF/DFF/PCM to DSF/PCM.

gapless-iso-conversion.png

As I understand, 3 sec. gap it is DEMO’s muting in middle of song?

Here need discriminate:

1. Clickless converting of ISO.

Source ISO’s tracks extracted without gaps. It’s bug of sacd_extract (lost last block of audio data). Solved via intermediate DFF conversion and additional metadata transfer.

It work for AuI ConverteR Audiophile-E and above.

2. True Gapless Conversion

After resampling borders of neighbor converted tracks remains seamless like borders of source tracks.

It does matter for uninterrupted audio streams (live concerts, operas, …).

It work in AuI ConverteR PROduce-RD only.

Both applied for ISO/DSF/DFF/PCM to DSF/PCM.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19173[/ATTACH]

Hi,

No, it's not in the middle of the song, it's between songs. I'm aware of the Middle of the song gap in the demo version