IGNORED

DFF to DSF conversion

PhVL

Hi Bas,

Audio player software (foobar or other) play this ISO without 3 second pause between tracks?

Best regards,

Yuri

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

JRiver does, AK100 doesn't, I'm really puzzled. AK100 has latest firmware and should play DSD gapless, when turned on.

Bas

Are you:

1. Convert ISO to DSDs,

2. JRiver playback these DSDs without gaps between tracks,

3. AK100 playback these DSDs with gaps between tracks?

It's right?

Best regards,

Yuri

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Hi Yuri,

Yes that's right. I'm getting a bit frustrated after days of trial and error!

Bas

If software player able playback without gaps, need search difference between DSFs correctly playback (from ISO #1) and gap playback (from ISO #2):

1. Size

2. Sample rate, channel number

3. Metadata (song name, album name, ...) present/absent/content. May be artwork loading is "narrow place" in hardware player.

4. These files placed at single SD-card or in different cards.

5. ...

If convert "gap" ISO to WAV/AIFF/FLAC will gaps or not?

Bas, are you tried ask A&K technical support? May be they have some ideas?

Are you update last version of A&K's firmware?

• 1 month later...
Is there a Windows (8.1) dff to dsf converter that will batch process that isn't so expensive?

Miska's (Jussi) is free, and Bogi has added auto-context to enable it from Window Explorer. Same for his ISO to DSF (going through DFF) approach. Batching, however, simply means multiple command windows in this case.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/dff-dsf-conversion-21715/#post354558

Miska's (Jussi) is free, and Bogi has added auto-context to enable it from Window Explorer. Same for his ISO to DSF (going through DFF) approach. Batching, however, simply means multiple command windows in this case.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/dff-dsf-conversion-21715/#post354558

The one you linked I can't get to work. Where's the link for the other?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

The one you linked I can't get to work. Where's the link for the other?

Works for me (the link and the zip file). The ISO program is in the same post, Jason...see his signature.

Works for me (the link and the zip file). The ISO program is in the same post, Jason...see his signature.

Right. Doesn't work here and I don't need from ISO. Just DFF to DSF. Thanks anyway.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Right. Doesn't work here and I don't need from ISO. Just DFF to DSF. Thanks anyway.

Then what did you mean by "where's the link for the other?" What other? Jussi's standard DFF to DSF (no Windows Explorer context, just good old command line) is on his Signalyst site, under the professional tab:

Signalyst

Here is Bogi's zip file, saved to my dropbox, if any interest (assuming "doesn't work here" means you couldn't access this file download. If it, instead, means you couldn't get this product to actually work, I can't help much except to say follow the pdf):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/DFF2DSF_context_menu_Win7_Win8_v110.zip

Then what did you mean by "where's the link for the other?" What other? Jussi's standard DFF to DSF (no Windows Explorer context, just good old command line) is on his Signalyst site, under the professional tab:

Signalyst

Here is Bogi's zip file, saved to my dropbox, if any interest:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/DFF2DSF_context_menu_Win7_Win8_v110.zip

OK, thanks for that link. Errr...command line though. That's not for me!

OK, thanks for that link. Errr...command line though. That's not for me!

Let's start over. Bogi's program, which I then linked to via my dropbox account, is not a command line interface, it is a Windows Explorer (right-click) interface, and to batch you simply highlight multiple tracks....the number of highlighted tracks equals the number of parallel command windows that automatically run...they finish and close automatically.

Only running Jussi's raw code is a command line thing; that's why Bogi created the auto-context interface to it.

Let's start over. Bogi's program, which I then linked to via my dropbox account, is not a command line interface, it is a Windows Explorer (right-click) interface, and to batch you simply highlight multiple tracks....the number of highlighted tracks equals the number of parallel command windows that automatically run...they finish and close automatically.

Only running Jussi's raw code is a command line thing; that's why Bogi created the auto-context interface to it.

Yeah, the black box flashes like it's working but nothing happens. My issue is time these days and I have a TON of DFF's to convert. It's taking forever on my Mac using 2manyrobots. My Windows machine is VERY quick though but the program doesn't work. I haven't done these b/c it's a total PITA finding a program that's useful like the Sonore ISO2DSD that I can select the whole folder and let it go.

I looked into that a while ago then I read you need a twitter account. Nope, not for me.

I created a Twitter account using a fake name specifically for this.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

It's my AuI ConverteR 48x44. I specially ask you for avoiding misunderstanding and further problems.

Audiophil-E edition ($109.7 without EU VAT) and PROduce-R ($147.8 without EU VAT) allow convert ISO/DSF/DFF to PCM (WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, mp3,...).

PROduce-RD edition ($249.8 without EU VAT) allow convert ISO/DSF/DFF to PCM and DSF.

It's my AuI ConverteR 48x44. I specially ask you for avoiding misunderstanding and further problems.

Audiophil-E edition ($109.7 without EU VAT) allow convert ISO/DSF/DFF to PCM (WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, mp3,...).

PROduce-RD edition ($249.8 without EU VAT) allow convert ISO/DSF/DFF to PCM and DSF.

OK. Yes, $250 is not happening as all I need to do is convert DFF to DSF. ;-)

I tried to warn for avoiding disappointment in Audiophil-E (that about $100, as you wrote above) for to DSF conversion :)

I tried to warn for avoiding disappointment in Audiophil-E (that about $100, as you wrote above) for to DSF conversion :)

Perhaps you should write a simple DFF to DSF tool that has a nice GUI and charge $20. :-)

Supporting of fast technical supporting (sorry for pun) and permanent researching for improving sound and functionality don't allow me do it.

But all may be in future :)

Anyway thank you for feedback.

• 3 weeks later...