IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

I got it under purchased apps in itunes, and interesting, i got DS2.0

Finnally we have local radio stations, bravo, I love it.

Mounted SMB from Synology nas without problem, aries scaned all folder with 80.000 songs, but now i dont see any song in library view.

I have Tidal, so I can wait on fix. Now im happy that i keept Aries, and waited 2.0 app, it might be good.

I got it under purchased apps in itunes, and interesting, i got DS2.0

Finnally we have local radio stations, bravo, I love it.

Mounted SMB from Synology nas without problem, aries scaned all folder with 80.000 songs, but now i dont see any song in library view.

I have Tidal, so I can wait on fix. Now im happy that i keept Aries, and waited 2.0 app, it might be good.

That is the "old" version that has the issue. You need to email auralic and he will send you the new version

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

The 2.0 version is semi-usable still (or is for me); if you select an album, you don't see the artwork in landscape mode, but if I rotate the iPad to portrait mode, it appears. I can click on them and add them to the queue.

That is the "old" version that has the issue. You need to email auralic and he will send you the new version

Did that, but no response. What email address is best?

AURALiC Aries LE -> Bryston BDA-2 -> BHA-1 -> Audeze LCD-2F or MrSpeakers Alpha Dog

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Bel Canto e.One DAC3 -> Sennheiser HDVA 600 -> HD 800 or HD 650

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Audeze Deckard -> Audeze LCD-2.2 or Oppo PM-1 or beyerdynamic K702

No longer in the iTunes App Store? Huh?

How do I find v2.0.1?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Appreciate the responses. It's really encouraging..

Quick reply;

My username consists one word

I temporarily disabled the firewall

No fixed IP address for the Aries

Away from home for a few days when-after I will launch into it again..

You wait until it's released by Apple again.

2.0.1 is now available in the App Store. I just got the update. Album art has been restored.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Ok, let's play with 2.0.1

App is faster than older one, much faster, at least in my case. I have arround 80.000 songs ON NAS, and if set filter on All music on right side off app, than app crash from time to time, even If i want to set different filter. And, if i touch one song, it goes complete album in playlist, not single song.

I updated to version 2.0.1 and I am still not seeing any of my music on the attached use hard drive in the library view. This was never a problem in the versions before 2.0.

When I click on the library tab, it says my music library is empty. I have done multiple scans, cache refreshes, and that seems to work fine it shows the number of songs I have on my usb drive. I even close and re-launch the app as the trouble shooting guide recommends, but still nothing.

When I go through the app's setup procedure (instead of manually adding/rescanning in the app, right after it says it is adding my scanned music to the library, I get an error message that just says 'something went wrong' is this still happening for other people in version 2.0.1? What can I do? Everything was working fine before

Well my dream run of Auralic updates has come to a screeching halt:

* 2.0.1 is much slower than before - I have a 1st gen iPad mini. Whilst this issue was identified in the release notes, I hope it will get faster in further updates. I hate to think that this would necessitate buying a new iPad?

* After getting up and running with my USB external HDD, I added a new album. It all turned to manure after that......album refresh and refreshing the cache just lead to the app constantly crashing. After a couple of hours of trying different things without success, I finally used Disk Inventory X to delete the hidden .dat file on the HDD - that got it working again. I will try adding a new album again later.

* The date on all my albums shows as 1 January 1970 in library view. Interesting that when I go to folder view the right dates are there?

* Great that sorting by artist stays in place even when closing and opening again. Not sure I like the list menu coming up as default on the left hand side though, I would rather see that as an option.

Only initial impressions so far due to the time wasted with the crashing issue. I'm sure there is plenty to like.......

After the 2.0.1 update aries would not recognise usb output to Geek Pulse xfi. It worked before. Hmmm. I have sent an email to Auralic.

Fortunately it works with my other dac a W4S mPre. Everything seems to work faster.

Eamo

2.0.1 now works with MinimServer. Trying to get it working with LightningServer on my QNAP TS-239 Pro NAS and getting the message "The destination does not contain SMB folder share services". Not sure how to get smb share services enabled on the NAS. As you can tell, I'm not at expert when it comes to network configuration. Any pointers on how to set up SMB? Thanks!

AURALiC Aries LE -> Bryston BDA-2 -> BHA-1 -> Audeze LCD-2F or MrSpeakers Alpha Dog

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Bel Canto e.One DAC3 -> Sennheiser HDVA 600 -> HD 800 or HD 650

AURALiC Aries Mini -> Audeze Deckard -> Audeze LCD-2.2 or Oppo PM-1 or beyerdynamic K702

For those that are using 2.0.1 have you noticed the User Guide? It's pretty good now and only going to get better once it move along.

Yes, but not much help in troubleshooting SMB problems, share folders, etc. if you're not a network geek.

Yes, but not much help in troubleshooting SMB problems, share folders, etc. if you're not a network geek.

Do you know your IP for the NAS? That's what you enter.

Something like 10.0.1.200/music

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Can I ask ... what do people feel the advantage of using SMB from the NAS to the Aries and then allow the Aries to provide the UPnP (Lightning) server vs just running Minimserver or other on the NAS?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Do you know your IP for the NAS? That's what you enter.

Something like 10.0.1.200/music

Yes, I was able to get that far by entering IP/Qrecordings, then it said that the folder was read only, so opened permissions to the Qrecordings on the NAS. LightningServer then started scanning the drive, then crashed. Tried several times and still couldn't see any music after the abbreviated scans/crashes. Set permission of the Qrecordings folder back to read only and reconnected to MinimServer, so I'm back to where I was pre-2.01. With over 1TB of music on my NAS at risk, I don't want to take any chances of it being overwritten (and yes, I keep frequent backups -- just in case).

I'm sure there is a way to get LightningServer running on a QNAP NAS, but I'm not the one to figure it out. :) Not sure of the advantage of moving away from MinimServer anyway.

Can I ask ... what do people feel the advantage of using SMB from the NAS to the Aries and then allow the Aries to provide the UPnP (Lightning) server vs just running Minimserver or other on the NAS?

Good question and I'm not sure myself.

I am going to continue with Minimserver from my NAS and use Lightning for my USB HDD. I guess Lightning gives more options for searches such as sample rate etc. but I am not sure that is a big deal for me.

I'll be interested in the experience of others and what future releases might bring.