IGNORED

HQ Player

4 hours ago, Quadman said:

@Miska I am playing around with ubuntu 20.04 and using an evaluation version of HQP 4.162 linked to Qobuz with HQP client.  Every time I make a change in HQP settings I lose any tracks playing in HQP and client loses the link to Qobuz.  I have to go back into client and reload Qobuz, select album and then play.  This happens every time I change any HQP setting.  Is this because I am using evaluation version of HQP?  Or something wrong with my install in ubuntu and HQP desktop and client?

That happens on all platforms. When you go to settings dialog, most of HQPlayer is torn down and then restarted when you leave settings. Why would you frequently go to settings?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 hours ago, Quadman said:

On ubuntu with my 11900K and 3060GPu with desktop 4.162,  DSD512 w EC modulators stutters very badly, just like it does in windows with 4.162.  Maybe I messed up my ubuntu install as your 11600K with no GPU can do DSD512 w EC, My 11900K certainly should as well, but no joy.

"amd" build or the generic build?

46 minutes ago, Miska said:

Why would you frequently go to settings?

I am trying to get a handle on what capabilities I have in ubuntu 20.04 (desktop) low latency, with HQP so I am trying various filters and modulators.  Right now 20.04 Low latency with swap off, DSD512 with 5EC and a 2s filter music plays 5-10 seconds before dropouts that is with multicore DSP grayed, if I check it then dropouts every second.  DSD1024 plays very slow and with static on top of music.  I think I have the nvidia driver downloaded correctly, although I did it through ubuntu not Nvidia, ubuntu say 510 series.  I am a long way off of what you can do with with that 11600k.

52 minutes ago, Miska said:

"amd" build or the generic build?

AMD build I am pretty sure it says after download, it's listed on your downloads page today.  (hqplayer4desktop_4.16.2-72_amd64)

30 minutes ago, Quadman said:

AMD build I am pretty sure it says after download, it's listed on your downloads page today.  (hqplayer4desktop_4.16.2-72_amd64)

That is generic build, hqplayer4desktop_4.16.2-73amd_amd64.deb is current latest "amd" build. "73amd" is means build number 73 "amd". While the "amd64" part just means it is for 64-bit PC architecture, aka x86-64 aka x64.

"amd" build you can find under the "other downloads" button.

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

"amd" build you can find under the "other downloads" button.

Thank you I will do that.  I just download the largest file correct the 75457504 byte file.  Should I try ubuntu server if I still have issues?  is there a low latency version for that as well?

6 minutes ago, Quadman said:

Thank you I will do that.  I just download the largest file correct the 75457504 byte file.  Should I try ubuntu server if I still have issues?  is there a low latency version for that as well?

Did you try 4.15.0-2? I have 11900K and this specific one worked very well with 11900K up to 7EC 512 DSD  with Win11.

3 minutes ago, pis99 said:

Did you try 4.15.0-2? I have 11900K and this specific one worked very well with 11900K up to 7EC 512 DSD  with Win11.

I do not have that version for windows or ubuntu.  4.14-3 worked so well I didn't download it.  We have same CPU and windows versions so I think it would work for me as well.

Just now, Quadman said:

I do not have that version for windows or ubuntu.  4.14-3 worked so well I didn't download it.  We have same CPU and windows versions so I think it would work for me as well.

I have one at home! I can get you a link tonight(Taiwan time) if you can wait. 4.14.3 worked OK but not great in my case. I have 3090 and it is playing 7ECv2/SinL at sorce bit rate 88.1/96. 

18 minutes ago, Quadman said:

Desktop and Embedded behave the same for matching engine version.

Ubuntu repositories are shared between Desktop and Server. So exactly same kernel is available for both.

3 minutes ago, pis99 said:

I have one at home! I can get you a link tonight(Taiwan time) if you can wait. 4.14.3 worked OK but not great in my case. I have 3090 and it is playing 7ECv2/SinL at sorce bit rate 88.1/96. 

Thank you, I'd appreciate that.  A buddy just sent me a link for 4.15-3 ubuntu I'll also try that, since I can go either way now, win or ubuntu.  I only have 3060.  email is jmaksnap at gmail.

5 minutes ago, Miska said:

Just a reminder that you are dealing with works covered by copyright laws... 😉

The thought had crossed my mind and it was my understanding that all versions have 30 min time limits on them without the applicable key. I didn’t mean to run afoul of any of your intellectual work, just provide a place to find (thinking a google drive spreadsheet with links) older publicly available works from your website. 

I can pump the brakes on this, just say the word   

2 minutes ago, oneguy said:

The thought had crossed my mind and it was my understanding that all versions have 30 min time limits on them without the applicable key. I didn’t mean to run afoul of any of your intellectual work, just provide a place to find (thinking a google drive spreadsheet with links) older publicly available works from your website.

You can download what is available from my website, or from my authorized resellers/distributors. But you cannot redistribute the packages on your own.

13 hours ago, Quadman said:

Thank you, I'd appreciate that.  A buddy just sent me a link for 4.15-3 ubuntu I'll also try that, since I can go either way now, win or ubuntu.  I only have 3060.  email is jmaksnap at gmail.

Very sorry that I can not forward you the link for the package as Jussi clearly indicated. But I do have  another 12900K machine running Ubuntu 20.04 with the latest embedded build. I honestly think Linux OS is the way to go for the best sound out of HQP. 

What is an effect way to uninstall HQPlayer from ubuntu when I want to install a new version of HQP.  Is software center an effective way to do this or should I use terminal sudo apt -get --purge xxxx.  or sudo apt -get remove xxxxxx . Also if doing any of these does that also delete other packages I may have installed to to enhance the performance of HQPlayer?  or would those would still be there such as libnuma-dev,  rocm,  libgmpris, etc.

Just now, Quadman said:

What is an effect way to uninstall HQPlayer from ubuntu when I want to install a new version of HQP.  Is software center an effective way to do this or should I use terminal sudo apt -get --purge xxxx.  or sudo apt -get remove xxxxxx . Also if doing any of these does that also delete other packages I may have installed to to enhance the performance of HQPlayer?  or would those would still be there such as libnuma-dev,  rocm,  libgmpris, etc.

You just install new version over the old one with "dpkg -i" and then you can run "apt install -f" and "apt autoremove --purge" to update dependencies.

One note about the new 4.17.0 release. I changed how the "Multicore DSP" setting works. Now keeping it grayed behaves pretty much like before, but of course has the EC modulator optimizations. If you make it checked, then the behavior is like DSP_ACCELERATION=0. So no need to play with environment variables.

5 minutes ago, Miska said:

One note about the new 4.17.0 release. I changed how the "Multicore DSP" setting works. Now keeping it grayed behaves pretty much like before, but of course has the EC modulator optimizations. If you make it checked, then the behavior is like DSP_ACCELERATION=0. So no need to play with environment variables.

Hi Miska, so is "Multicore" = grey still the default setting to go with or checked?

Thanks

Deric

Is there a way to run a local library update nightly using a Windows or third-party scheduler? 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s