IGNORED

HQ Player

7 minutes ago, Miska said:

Point is not to make the software settings more confusing to use... 😅

I understand. I just wish to return what was already here not so short time (maybe 2 years, I don't remember exactly) and more of us were using it with suitable music content. Of course, with some suitable new name.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

@Miska

@Miska what happened to nblocks on the embedded version? The xml file seems to got a "make over" with newest release and I don't see nblocks anymore... 

Can you just put an option to adjust nblocks manually on embedded settings page? 

Can you talk about what this new pre-processing is? I really wish with updates you gave people like me in depth details of what was updated vs "bug fixes and component updates" which is like if someone asked you where are you and you said somewhere on earth. 

25 minutes ago, Badd99 said:

@Miska

@Miska what happened to nblocks on the embedded version? The xml file seems to got a "make over" with newest release and I don't see nblocks anymore... 

It should be there on HQPlayer OS as before? I didn't touch it, but I removed the mistake that it was getting overwritten by the web interface on non-HQPlayer OS.

Can you just put an option to adjust nblocks manually on embedded settings page? 

If you are not on HQPlayer OS, you can edit the hqplayerd.xml and put it there. And it shouldn't get destroyed by the web interface.

Can you talk about what this new pre-processing is?

Did you check the Help-page? I wrote about it there. Or I didn't manage to express the purpose there?

I really wish with updates you gave people like me in depth details of what was updated vs "bug fixes and component updates" which is like if someone asked you where are you and you said somewhere on earth. 

I fixed for example one crash that would happen under certain unusual conditions. I just accidentally managed to hit the condition when doing some testing. I would need to write half a page to describe the complex conditions where this could happen. I doubt people would like to read couple of hundred pages of babble about each release (reference example - changelog of every Linux kernel release!).

Component updates usually means a third party software module was updated. For example in recent update I updated WavPack from 5.6 to 5.7. Also CUDA got updated by Nvidia. I think writing those out in detail would be too much technical jargon nonsense. I try to keep the announcement within Twitter/X post length limit (I manage about 50% of the time).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

30 minutes ago, bogi said:

I understand. I just wish to return what was already here not so short time (maybe 2 years, I don't remember exactly) and more of us were using it with suitable music content. Of course, with some suitable new name.

I think in this case instead of going around tap number figures (like sinc-M* is), would be to create a setting where you choose the length in time. In this case it would have been about 180 milliseconds. This would give you better idea of what you are doing too. And you have direct reference anchor. Although I know people are not used to think about these in terms of time domain.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

10 hours ago, Miska said:

I think in this case instead of going around tap number figures (like sinc-M* is), would be to create a setting where you choose the length in time. In this case it would have been about 180 milliseconds. This would give you better idea of what you are doing too. And you have direct reference anchor. Although I know people are not used to think about these in terms of time domain.

Actually I just tried and I could run MGA dsd512x48 with 7EC Super 512fs with my 13600k and 3080ti so no worries 😂 

17 hours ago, Miska said:

您可以搜索格式,例如“44.1/16 melody gardot”。您也可以尝试只使用“44.1 melody gardot”或“+44.1 +melody +gardot”。我有点试图模仿 Google/DDG 搜索格式。您还可以搜索“artist:”,“album:”或“track:”。

格式搜索和其他一些东西只适用于本地库,不适用于 Qobuz。不过,这些艺术家、专辑和曲目搜索对两者都有效。Qobuz 支持流派过滤类别和其他一些方面,但不是所有方面。

It does come with a search function, and now I can use it to search for the album of the artist I want! There is nothing wrong for the time being! The current version works very well.

17 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

你是在概括事情,仅仅因为你不喜欢阅读手册并尝试不同的过滤器并不等于“普通人”不喜欢这样做。

关于您对客户端窗口大小和形状的偏好的相同想法,这只是您喜欢的,对其他人没有任何意义

The ability to fix the user custom window size is still a meaningful improvement! This allows you to adjust the window size to fit your screen to display more albums. There are too few albums to display directly with the default window size without adjusting them! If you can't fix the user's own adjustments, then some people may need to adjust every time, unless the adjustment is good, do not turn it off, always start the controller. Of course, you can say that this is my personal preference, I think my preference may also be the preference of more people, it is not meaningless. People who feel that there is no sense are estimated to have other controllers instead, such as ROON or do not use the HQ desktop version, feel optional! Although everyone has different preferences, the right to publish suggestions still exists. The final adoption and improvement depends on whether Miska recognizes the need for improvement. Thank you!

18 hours ago, bogi said:

repeat: A possibility to define favorite filters is IMO the solution.

For me, a favorites selection that takes into account filters, modulators, matrix settings and output rate would be the optimum. 

Then you could switch back the modulator and the output rate for sophisticated filters such as sinc-MG(a) at the touch of a button. 

Favorites are very well implemented in Roon (MUSE), for example.

1 hour ago, woshifeng3627 said:

The ability to fix the user custom window size is still a meaningful improvement! This allows you to adjust the window size to fit your screen to display more albums. There are too few albums to display directly with the default window size without adjusting them! If you can't fix the user's own adjustments, then some people may need to adjust every time, unless the adjustment is good, do not turn it off, always start the controller. Of course, you can say that this is my personal preference, I think my preference may also be the preference of more people, it is not meaningless. People who feel that there is no sense are estimated to have other controllers instead, such as ROON or do not use the HQ desktop version, feel optional! Although everyone has different preferences, the right to publish suggestions still exists. The final adoption and improvement depends on whether Miska recognizes the need for improvement. Thank you!

It maybe a meaningful improvement to you. I hardly care. 

12 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

It maybe a meaningful improvement to you. I hardly care. 

I appreciate feature requests that improve usability. Also regarding new features and functions.

What I do not like (at all) is when features get removed from softwares (this goes for all softwares, not only audio related).

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

50 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

我很欣赏提高可用性的功能请求。还有关于新特性和功能。

我(完全)不喜欢的是当功能从软件中删除时(这适用于所有软件,而不仅仅是与音频相关的软件)。

The position of the playback interface of the controller is still a little empty, you can appropriately add some quick switching functions, such as PCM and SDM output switching, or you can switch custom named PCM output and DSD output Settings, this function requires filters and modulators that can save several output Settings! For example: My SDM output is: 1x filter is xxxx, Nx filter is xxxx, modulator is xxxx, Bit rate is xxxx, DSD sources is xxxxx. The SDM output configuration can be named xxx and saved, so that I can save several different filter and modulator output configurations, and the same is true for PCM output. Switch to the controller at any time. The user can save several PCM and SDM output configurations, and when I listen to different styles I switch to the output configuration that sounds good to me. So you don't have to adjust it in the Settings every time! It is equivalent to setting the collection well in advance, and you can switch quickly in the playback interface of the controller!

It is not necessary to add these features! You can also add other convenient features, the purpose is not to make this area appear empty, if you think it is feasible to consider it!

.thumb.jpg.7a456a83770e99dc289d2505bd8e94b6.jpg

2 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

For me, a favorites selection that takes into account filters, modulators, matrix settings and output rate would be the optimum. 

Then you could switch back the modulator and the output rate for sophisticated filters such as sinc-MG(a) at the touch of a button.

Now I am not sure if you mean favorites (reducing lists to less items) or presets (extra buttons for some number of stored configuration presets). Till now (already in the past) the debate was about favorites to reduce the list of filters for easier change. I am personally interested mostly in this.

I very rarely change output rate with a particular DAC. I have set [x] Adaptive rate and by DAC supports 48k DSD rates, so switching between sample rate families happens automatically.

I rarely change modulator and if, then to a neighbor one, (between super and light), so changing it in Client is easy.

Of course, I fully respect needs of others, which may be different than mine.

Regarding matrix profiles, there was already an other suggestion some time ago which is IMO more appropriate. The difference between filters, modulators, rates on one side and matrix profiles on the other is, that the profiles are all user defined and need not exist. There is no common set of profiles for all. So profiles are not a pre-defined list, they are user add-ons. Each HQPlayer configuration stored in a different XML file can hold different set of Matrix Pipeline profiles.

I already discussed with Miska (and it was that time accepted as possible improvement to be done in future) that Matrix profiles could have their own configuration file(s) to allow easier backup, restore, exchange between users. Then one could share a config file for 5.1 to stereo, users could share working config to those who attempt a similar thing to make working etc.

Extra preset buttons are nice idea, I don't remember earlier talk about it. Few preset buttons with custom names could be helpful when one wants to change more things at once, like rate + filter, or rate + filter + modulator, because of a specific filter, which doesn't play on higher rate. I currently don't have such a need but I understand StreamFidelity's suggestion. With my previous E50 DAC I sometimes switched from DSD512 to DSD256 to try sinc-Mx or sinc-LI and that involved to change more things at once.

Of course, it's on Miska which suggestions fit to his GUI concepts, development plans and what are his priorities.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
24 minutes ago, bogi said:

Now I am not sure if you mean favorites (reducing lists to less items) or presets (extra buttons for some number of stored configuration presets).

In Roon MUSE, this function is called Preset. Everything that is common in DSPs can be added here. Any number of presets can be saved with their own names and selected using a drop-down menu. 

47413483zr.png

1 hour ago, woshifeng3627 said:

The position of the playback interface of the controller is still a little empty, you can appropriately add some quick switching functions, such as PCM and SDM output switching, or you can switch custom named PCM output and DSD output Settings, this function requires filters and modulators that can save several output Settings! For example: My SDM output is: 1x filter is xxxx, Nx filter is xxxx, modulator is xxxx, Bit rate is xxxx, DSD sources is xxxxx. The SDM output configuration can be named xxx and saved, so that I can save several different filter and modulator output configurations, and the same is true for PCM output. Switch to the controller at any time. The user can save several PCM and SDM output configurations, and when I listen to different styles I switch to the output configuration that sounds good to me. So you don't have to adjust it in the Settings every time! It is equivalent to setting the collection well in advance, and you can switch quickly in the playback interface of the controller!

It is not necessary to add these features! You can also add other convenient features, the purpose is not to make this area appear empty, if you think it is feasible to consider it!

.thumb.jpg.7a456a83770e99dc289d2505bd8e94b6.jpg

There are may instances when there is no empty space depending on metadata displayed. When there is empty space, it supports a clean look. To quote Debussy: "Music is the space between the notes". And so with the visual arts, filling every space / clutter is not necessarily an enhancement.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

@Miska I wonder if you might have in the past done much measurements on how hqplayer dsd upsampling have an impact on a system with tubes in the chain - ie tube dac, or tube preamp or tube amp…?

I wonder how upsampling to higher rate dsd which in term pushes more noise further out to ultrasonic would have any impact on how tube gear would sound …

cheers

55 minutes ago, Miska said:

不,它不是特别空的。有时你甚至需要滚动它......

Screenshot2024-04-13at19_45_11.thumb.png.6e9bba182f4ebf84e4b4f6c4053020d5.png

Can streaming add Tidal? Tidal is also now launching high-quality audio sources (not MQA), as my network only has access to this streaming service. Nothing else works!

Hollo. 

I report.

In recent observation, testing music with pink noise in 16k-20k range I discovered while not audible on soundbar, resulted in attenuation of music when playing tone concurrently. 
This leaves one to imagine inaudible range does have effect on audible perception. 

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

Received a Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE yesterday and I've been having some significant issues with HQP and the Spring 3.

First, the environment: M1 iMac>Roon>HQP>USB>SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo

Issue: Can't change output Max Rate without restarting the Spring 3. AND nothing above 768hz works. HQP drops the Output connection entirely. I did get 1.4hz to work for 2 or 3 seconds and then high pitch noise and the output connection was lost, too.

DSD works up to DSD128X but at 256x there are regular cutouts. Above 256x HQP drops the Output connection.

I've tried different USB cables (AQ Carbon and AQ Diamond).

Seems odd to have to restart the DAC to be able to change the Max Rate in HQP. Is it?

The Spring 3 is replacing a Chord Hugo TT2 and I never had the slightest issues with up to 768hz or changing rate without rebooting.

The SoTM is using NAA 4.5 no update yet available. I've updated HQP to 5.61.

If I run via the SoTM on the Roon Ready setting I can easily use Roon's upsampling without any of these issues.

Any ideas? Is any of this unusual?

Here's photos of the setup at 192hz before I figured out that I had to restart the DAC to choose a higher Max Rate:

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 12.47.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 12.47.12 PM.png

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3

42 minutes ago, creativepart said:

Received a Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE yesterday and I've been having some significant issues with HQP and the Spring 3.

First, the environment: M1 iMac>Roon>HQP>USB>SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo

To localize your issue it would help to start investigation with simplified setup.

Try first without SMS200 to find out if the issue is relevant to SMS200.

If not, try without Roon, from HQPlayer to directly connected Spring.

When that will work, add SMS200. Then add Roon.

38 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

According to the sMS200 specs it is limited to pcm 768 and dsd512 max

Thanks for that. I was just wondering about the top limit. For some reason I didn't think it had one below 1.5mhz. I've had the SoTM so long and my Hugo TT2 had a 768 limit so I never went beyond that.

As for DSD that may be limited by my M1 iMac with only 8gb of RAM???

I do like the SQ from the Spring 3. I just had an expectation of it being plug and play compatible with my previous setup AND even, above. At first I couldn't get 768 to lock in at all.

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3