IGNORED

HQ Player

13 hours ago, Miska said:

5.6.1 is now out, you can try it out if it's any better!

Window resizing bug fixed, very much appreciated. I did update NVidia driver as well, will evaluate if CUDA offload remains a bit different than 5.5x. Most importantly, THANK YOU @Miska!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

12 hours ago, scintilla said:

Should I be concerned about OOB noise on my Holo May with Direct SDM?  I thought it was beneficial to move the OOB noise further away from baseband for the DSD reconstruction filter?  

It is very beneficial indeed, but if you don't have the CPU power to do it, then Holo May is among the best dealing with the noise. So good that at DSD512 there's nothing left as long as the modulator is not too aggressive.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

11 hours ago, Audionumber3 said:

I just installed the Client iOS app for my iPad air 2.

It seems like every time the iPads screen turns off to sleep....it doesn't play the next song on Qobuz, and infact....it exits out of Qobuz.

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, that's the case because iOS kills the Client at that point. And restarts it again when you open the iPad again and switch to the app. I have not yet been able to prevent that from happening, apart from some dirty hacks which risk ban from the App Store.

This is not a problem when you are playing from local library. But it is with streaming services. You can prevent that by disabling automatic lock and keeping the app foreground.

So in this respect, running Client on Microsoft Surface Pro instead is better option.

10 hours ago, cpcat said:

Does sudo apt-get -y update   and

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade 

upgrade CUDA too?

To some extent if you have installed the headless server driver package. But when the major version of the driver changes, you need to remove the old and install a new one. Because they incorporate the major version number in the package name. Unfortunately they don't have the "always keep latest" type meta package available for headless server driver.

But depends on what exactly you have installed from the CUDA repository.

9 hours ago, Chanh said:

I upgraded to embedded version 5.5.2-15amd and noticed a recess in soundstage compared to the previous version. I will further test over the weekend. My filter settings are Sinc L and medium.

I hope the emphasis on the control interface doesn't compromise SQ, which is essentially what HQP is all about!

No, the server and control interface are completely separate applications for that reason.

And no changes regarding those filters. Only one potential HQPlayer crash case fixed and the sinc-MG(a) fix.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

不,由于这个原因,服务器和控制接口是完全独立的应用程序。

并且没有关于这些过滤器的变化。仅修复了一个潜在的 HQPlayer 崩溃案例和 sinc-MG(a) 修复。

The current version of the client has been improved very well, the interface is the solution I want, I now every time I open the client is the window size I want! The list of genres is also clear. Thanks for your hard work!

By the way, can Raspberry PI 5 brush NAA now

12 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

在 Signalyst 的官方下载页面上,您可以找到 Raspberry 4 和 Holo audio Red 的 NAA 镜像文件。

只要下载,记录在misro SD卡中,开机后即可使用。可以说是简单方便!

但是找不到 Raspberry Pi 5 的 NAA 镜像文件。

事实证明,RPi 5 需要使用 64 位 Debian Bookworm OS 环境进行开发。

因此,过去在Pi 4 OS下开发的所有软件都必须被推翻并重新启动。

作者特此分享并记录尝试在Pi 5.0操作系统中安装NAA 5.0的过程。

首先,使用树莓派 Imager 程序直接将 Debian Bookworm OS(精简版或完整版)烧录到 TF 卡上。

然后完成操作系统的安装。

然后在另一台PC或NB上通过ssh登录Pi 5,并执行以下步骤:

sudo apt 更新

sudo apt 升级

sudo 重启

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/bookworm/networkaudiod_5.0.0-59_arm64.deb

sudo dpkg -i networkaudiod_5.0.0-59_arm64.deb

sudo apt install -f

sudo 重启

全部完成!准备好玩了!

当然,还有另一种安装NAA的方法:

安装完整的 HQPe for Bookworm 后,

sudo systemctl 停止 hqplayerd.service

sudo systemctl 禁用 hqplayerd.service

您可以将其用作NAA!

请参考我在台湾相关论坛上的演讲:

https://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=348&t=5840425&p=95&all=1#89432706

埃里克卡茨

Thank you very much for your reply. I was consulting for a friend. I have sent your reply to him, let him do it by himself.

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

5 hours ago, Miska said:

不,由于这个原因,服务器和控制接口是完全独立的应用程序。

并且没有关于这些过滤器的变化。仅修复了一个潜在的 HQPlayer 崩溃案例和 sinc-MG(a) 修复。

What is the use of this place in the middle of the top of the album interface? I only have all and favorites, and I don't know how to use these two, so maybe it would be more useful if I changed this to search! Search for albums or albums with key words! It is also necessary to provide album search in the album album interface! Sometimes you want to listen to an album on a whim, you can listen to an album directly by searching for it!

One more point, why not support Chinese pinyin alphabetical sorting? While ROON can support Chinese, I don't know how the software can support Chinese. I think that if the software supports Chinese, it can support Chinese pinyin initials, maybe add Chinese character library package can't it? So I don't have to add an English in front of the genre name, and even all the albums can be sorted by Chinese pinyin letters! In fact, just add a language support, more users can accept it, enjoy it, study it and use it! There are also many people listening to Chinese music, even if the software itself does not have Chinese language Settings, only need to support Chinese Pinyin alphabetical sorting on it! The first letter of Chinese Pinyin is the same as the 26 letters of English. I don't know if you can understand what I'm saying!

中.jpg

19 minutes ago, bogi said:

Hi Miska, there was a quiet lot of people who liked the "old" sinc-MG(a), including me with some recordings. Could it be possible to re-create it under some other suitable name, as a shorter variant? Then nobody wood loose anything ... For my ears it wasn't the same than gauss-xl(a) - I appreciated more airy sound of old sinc-MG(a), while gauss-xl(a) had a bit more focus on instruments.

Agreed. I mean, ok it was a mistake to put in 4M taps instead of 32M taps. But perhaps 4M may be just fine for most ears? or perhaps develop something in between like 8M or 16M taps or if possible make it into a 2s so its easier on CPU/GPU resources ?

For the filter, sometimes you really don't need so many options, in addition to increasing the difficulty of choice, and there is not much meaning, to retain some high-quality filters and modulators or noise models to follow up optimization. For CD sources, hers sources, and non-style music, such as pop, vocals, and classical. Although the sound is thousands of ears, but can not be subdivided with a variety of filters, the difference between some filters is really small, do not have the patience to focus on listening is not to hear what different sound performance between them. I believe that many users are confused and distressed, in the end which filter is suitable for them, but also to match different noise shaper or modulator. People who don't have a little patience don't want to play HQ like this! I will always believe that a simple player with improved sound quality is something that no one can refuse. The description of some filters is simply not understandable to lay users like me.

I believe that some filters in practical applications are completely the existence of the sum, because few or even no one will use it, it is a lot of surplus. Sometimes think about it really need such a filter to meet the listening needs of different users today? If there is a better filter, maybe you can remove some relatively poor filter as an alternative! Instead of keeping it to create confusion for users! Even if a person listens to a wide range of music styles, he will not often change the filter to listen to different styles of music! More people will like some universal class filter!

28 minutes ago, bogi said:

转到HQPlayer PDF手册中的过滤器表,选择一个在“流派”列中具有“任何”的过滤器表,即可完成。让其他人选择他们选择的过滤器。我更希望能够选择喜欢的过滤器,这样只有那些过滤器才会出现在选择列表中。

Maybe you like to read the manual, I do not like to see, also do not have the habit to see, I only look at what others say, how to use, attracted to me, I will try to use, at first I am also surprised by the HQ many filters, especially the introduction of the filter, do not know what to say, the average person really has no patience to see the introduction of these filters, Now people are how convenient how to come, otherwise streaming media will not be hot, to a greater extent to let more people accept, we must find a way to do a simplification, let the program become simpler, but the output quality can not do subtraction, this is the core content. I repeat: do you really need so many filters today to meet the needs of different users? If you can do some filter reduction in the technical principle and practice test, I think it is feasible! There is no need to keep the same filters that have been available since the launch of HQ, and some filters should be replaced by higher quality and better filters, including noise shapers and modulators. Otherwise, if it is added again in the future, there will be more and more, which will make new users more fearful! The future is impossible without new content, everything can be replaced!

1 hour ago, bogi said:

Go to filter table in HQPlayer PDF manual, choose one which has 'Any' in the Genre column and you are done. Let others to select filters of their choice. What I would like rather to have is the possibility to choose favorite filters so then only those would appear in the selection list.

And the current default filters represent what I consider most suitable and highest quality option for general purpose that fits most content if I'd need to pick one filter to cover everything. So if one doesn't want to bother with these, the default filters should give good results. Also default modulator is picked to be one that would fit most DACs and rates reasonably well.

In v2 or v3 (can't remember anymore), I had couple of simplified "shortcut selections". But I removed those as it seemed that nobody was actually interested to use the "simplified mode".

3 hours ago, woshifeng3627 said:

What is the use of this place in the middle of the top of the album interface?

Mentioned in the manual...

Both search and category selection. If you'd like to understand how to make more advanced search queries, I'd recommend to take a look at the PDF manual...

7 hours ago, ripples said:

i'm trying to search for    source rate:44.1   + "melody gardot"

is there a way to do that ?

You can search for a format, like "44.1/16 melody gardot". You can also try with just "44.1 melody gardot" or "+44.1 +melody +gardot". I'm sort of trying to mimic the Google/DDG search format. You can also search for "artist:", "album:" or "track:".

Format search and some other things only work on local library, not on Qobuz. Those artist, album and track searches work on both though. Qobuz supports genre filtering categories, and some other aspects, but not everything.