IGNORED

HQ Player

13 hours ago, Miska said:

它属于属于这种类型的艺术家,然后从艺术家到该艺术家的专辑。

This interpretation is not feasible for genre classification, the classification of artists is the classification of artists, and the classification of genre is the classification of genre, and the two should not be mixed together. What I want to improve is that the classification of genre is the classification of genre, rather than from genre classification to the classification of artists, isn't it unnecessary? genre classification is useless!

1 hour ago, woshifeng3627 said:

the classification of artists is the classification of artists, and the classification of genre is the classification of genre, and the two should not be mixed together

There isn’t anywhere such a distinction:

• TCON tag (genre, numeric, nnn, decoded through a lookup table) exists in ID3 standard, it doesn’t exists in VORBIS standard
  • GENRE tag (genre, free text) exists in VORBIS standard (Xiph.org) , it doesn’t exists in ID3 standard

Of course you can have both defined in your files but you’re mixing two different standards and you can give them different meanings but it is at your own risk.

From a logical point of view they both describe the track genre as the track is the actual entity and all tags are attributes of the track entity.

Stefano

My audio system

28 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

TCON tag (genre, numeric, nnn, decoded through a lookup table) exists in ID3 standard, it doesn’t exists in VORBIS standard

TCON (ID3v2.4) or TCO (ID3v2.3) is not a numeric lookup anymore, but a free form text like the VORBIS comment GENRE tag. In old ID3v1 they tried to define bounded genre set encoded through numeric table lookup.

My library looks like a mess regarding genres, because I don't have time to keep it consistent. I have for example "Progressive Rock" and "Rock (Progressive)" there. And these are not something I have entered, but accrued over time with content.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

为了避免这种不连贯性,我构建了一些带有“我的标准”标签值的 excel 文件,我可以使用我的标签编辑器 (Yate) 获得一些帮助,它可以为不同的标签和具有自动填充属性的标签值构建和维护内部数据库

I always edit ID3 through Foobar 2000. So far, only HQPD is not completely classified according to Genre, and it is always classified according to artists in the end, while HQ client does not have this problem, Genre classification is very clear, I make some songs into a Genre classification. I opened this category is the Genre category I modified, why is it so obvious that there must be so many definitions?

To put it more bluntly, the Android version of HQPD has no so-called Genre classification function, and it will eventually be the classification of artists, and this artist classification contains a variety of Genre classification! The first level menu is a Genre, the second level menu is an artist, and the third level menu is all the Genres of that artist! For example, I used the Genre tag to distinguish each artist's CD album from SACD albums, but on HQPD this tag had no effect! On HQPD, only the artist tag function, Genre classification is virtually useless.

I don't know if I have made it clear, I translated Chinese into English through the online translation function, maybe some words are not very accurate, and if you don't understand, you can try yourself or continue to discuss.

_20240405224247.thumb.jpg.62322b4fe04a4b3f8ab42e5e8f35b5dc.jpg

@woshifeng3627 I think you’re using Genre in a your own way.

Genre tag (or TCON/TCO tag) are intended to be used to describe the musical genre (of the track)  and not the type of media (Cd/SACD).

There isn’t an Artist genre but only a track genre.

For example, W. A. Mozart’s compositions can belong to the following Genres:

• Symphony
  • Concerto
  • Sonata
  • Sacred/Mass/Requem
  • Opera
  • Singspiel
  • …. and so on

therefore W.A. Mozart cannot belong to a single Genre, but he belongs to the Classical musical era and all his compositions too. R. Schumann, F. Liszt, F. Schubert, (for instance) all belong to Romantic musical era and their compositions too.

You should have used File Type tag to describe the media type, even if it is not perfect, or, better, you should have created a custom tag for this purpose.

But unfortunately not all players/library managers do consider all the defined tags, like HQPlayer.

In my “system” I made the choice to use Minimserver as the library manager as it is the most effective about tag management. Of course, consequently, I opted to use HQPlayer Embedded that is UPNP compatible and can be used with Minimserver and a control point app like Bubbleupnp (or Lumïn app, Linn app, JPlay for iOS)

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

@woshifeng3627...而且,afaik,您也可以将 Foobar 与 HQP Embedded 一起使用,安装适当的插件,这可能是解决您的标签问题的完美解决方案

Music file label is a genre label, and then music album management and classification, the original label function is to classify music types, such as pop, rap, classical and so on. Now I modify these genres into my own naming methods, and now these labels can well show the Genre classification function on HQ Client. Through this function, I can quickly find the songs I want to listen to! Since HQ Client does not support Chinese and Chinese pinyin, I can only add an English letter in front of Genre modification. I also make full use of Genre classification function to manage the music library, which is very suitable for quickly browsing the album you want on HQ Client! Look at the Genre category name on the right side of my HQ Client. If I click on any Genre album I have edited, it will display the Genre album with the same name that I have edited, which is impossible for HQPD. If I click on genre category, it will only display the name of the artist. Clicking on the artist's name will show all Genre albums for that artist, instead of the Genre category I started clicking on! This is called the album Artist classification! If you don't understand, play with yourself!

.thumb.jpg.dc7d365e81b7bd0ed98407d987264998.jpg

HQPlayer library / control API doesn't bundle content in any other way than conceptually loosely "album" which is simply collection of tracks within a single folder. Then each "album" and "track" can have it's own set of metadata fields. Track inherits the album metadata fields, unless they differ from the album ones, in which case those override the album ones.

One notable thing though is that "album" is assumed to consist of tracks that belong together in specific order and are in same format. So don't just throw tracks of random format in single folder and hope that it will work out. For such random collection of tracks - cases, use a playlist instead.

Control application can then internally build different kinds of views to the content using this structure of metadata. Also directory folder paths are passed over, so just basic file system structure browsing is possible.

14 hours ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer 库/控制 API 不会以任何其他方式捆绑内容,而是在概念上松散地“专辑”,它只是在单个文件夹中收集曲目。然后,每个“专辑”和“曲目”都可以有自己的元数据字段集。曲目将继承专辑元数据字段,除非它们与专辑元数据字段不同,在这种情况下,这些字段将覆盖专辑元数据字段。

不过,值得注意的是,“专辑”被假定为由以特定顺序属于一起且格式相同的曲目组成。因此,不要只是在单个文件夹中放置随机格式的曲目,并希望它能成功。对于此类随机收集的曲目 - 案例,请改用播放列表。

然后,控件应用程序可以使用此元数据结构在内部为内容生成不同类型的视图。此外,还会传递目录文件夹路径,因此可以只浏览基本的文件系统结构。

All my local albums are modified and edited through FB. Album release year, album Genre, album artist, etc., are all modified through FB. The modified label information can be recognized by most players, especially genre, which I modify into a name I want to specify. Because I found that the playback software would also classify some music according to Genre, using this Genre classification function, I edited all the personal studio albums released by certain artists into the complete collection of studio albums of Who and who, so that the studio albums of that artist could be easily found in the Genre classification of the playback software. Such an operation has been implemented on the HQ Client, but the release year is inverted, and the next version adds the year sort switch! I think this description should know what I am trying to say? Once again, HQPD for Android has no Genre feature! Thank you!

In fact, FB media library I like very much, tree catalog display music resources library, but also automatically update new or reduce music resources! Only now after using HQ player, FB has become a music resource tool!

FB.thumb.jpg.32abeb0eef732ef1ddca265bdb93cc0e.jpg

Hi Miska could you explain why using   QUOBUZ direct with HQplayer sounds so better than using it with Roon + HQP   what happen in the ROON to HQP procedure ?

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

For some multi-disc albums, such as concert albums, I also know how to modify the XML tag file of SACD-ISO. FB supports the XML tag file of ISO files. When extracting DSF, all tracks will be in one folder, so that the HQ Client album album will be displayed as one album instead of multiple albums. At the same time, I also cut all the covers to 800*800, so that the cover can be perfectly displayed in the HQ Client album, before my cover size is 3000*3000 or more HD pictures, because the scan is very big! It doesn't show up perfectly on HQ albums! For HQ Client, I have done a lot of work, dividing the audio track, modifying the label, cutting the cover and so on! In order to use HQ to listen to songs in the future!

For me, the only regret is that HQ does not support Chinese, I need to add an English letter in front of the Genre modification, so that it is sorted according to the English first letter! Not in the album, I didn't put English letters in front of the album artist, which would have been ugly, but that's okay! All we need is a year sort switch!

.thumb.jpg.1e3040c051c09e0640751a16b4066a65.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.e2db4f873a2603462d1bdb7f7fa2e4d2.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.5e9eb6bc9fc713941e302094c3354ae4.jpg

44 minutes ago, juanitox said:

Hi Miska could you explain why using   QUOBUZ direct with HQplayer sounds so better than using it with Roon + HQP   what happen in the ROON to HQP procedure ?

I don't have a good answer to that, since I don't know what happens inside Roon. There is no obvious reason...

29 minutes ago, Miska said:

我对此没有很好的答案,因为我不知道罗恩内部发生了什么。没有明显的原因......

I like the sound output of HQplayer when it is upgraded to DSD128, but the sound becomes darker when it is upgraded to DSD256, and it is not as bright as DSD128. I don't know that you have not tested DSD128 of A26.

_20240406195801.thumb.jpg.cf241124859d99c8598deeaac392f872.jpg

i do

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't have a good answer to that, since I don't know what happens inside Roon. There is no obvious reason...

i don't know too , but i will prefer nothing happens 😁

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

2 hours ago, woshifeng3627 said:

I like the sound output of HQplayer when it is upgraded to DSD128, but the sound becomes darker when it is upgraded to DSD256, and it is not as bright as DSD128. I don't know that you have not tested DSD128 of A26.

I've measured both. But I don't really use DSD128 for listening, I use DSD256... Do you have the control firmware update installed? And DSD Direct enabled, and the DSD filter set to "wild"?

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

I've measured both. But I don't really use DSD128 for listening, I use DSD256... Do you have the control firmware update installed? And DSD Direct enabled, and the DSD filter set to "wild"?

I updated the firmware as you said, set the DSD filter, enabled DSD direct mode, DSD128 is indeed much better than DSD256 sound!

3 hours ago, juanitox said:

Haolo.

I assume you have double checked all dsp including mqa core decoder, headroom, volume leveling, etc. disabled in Roon?

If so, I am curious what path you have setup if I can recreate it. I currently have access and use Virtual Audio Cable. 

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

50 minutes ago, EMINENT said:

Haolo.

I assume you have double checked all dsp including mqa core decoder, headroom, volume leveling, etc. disabled in Roon?

If so, I am curious what path you have setup if I can recreate it. I currently have access and use Virtual Audio Cable. 

yess ,  same level too the only difference is  QOBUZ---HQPL  vs  QOBUZ--ROON-HQPL   sounds very different even if   Roon vs HQPlayer Client to manage QOBUZ  is no contest too but in the other way 😄

31 minutes ago, juanitox said:

yess ,  same level too the only difference is  QOBUZ---HQPL  vs  QOBUZ--ROON-HQPL   sounds very different even if   Roon vs HQPlayer Client to manage QOBUZ  is no contest too but in the other way 😄

What is HQPL? HQP Linux? 

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

3 hours ago, Miska said:

我已经测量了两者。但是我并没有真正使用 DSD128 来收听,我使用 DSD256......您是否安装了控制固件更新?并且 DSD Direct 已启用,并且 DSD 过滤器设置为“wild”?

In today's personal computers have entered the era of large screens, can the album window size of HQ Client be fixed to user-defined size? The default window size is too small, every time you adjust the window size to close, the next time you open it is back to the default size! Since it is a desktop controller, let the user adjust the appropriate window size and fix this size. Because the window size determines the number of albums that can be displayed, there is no need to adjust the size of your computer monitor every time you open the HQ Client. I believe this proposal should not be difficult to implement.

For example, I like this, 6 albums in horizontal rows, 4 albums in vertical rows, and 24 albums can be displayed on one page. Back to the playback interface, under the size window, even if the concert album has more than 20 tracks, it can also be fully displayed on a page, which requires manual adjustment of the HQ Client window size to achieve, but at present, it cannot be fixed manually adjusted, and it has to be re-adjusted every time it is opened, which is a bit troublesome. I hope it can be improved.

HQC.thumb.jpg.5f25352c82424c9e93582843d766424d.jpg

HQC1.thumb.jpg.de63211298c7ac5ca65c0e270dd4ad2d.jpg

Technically yes, it is possible. But every case comes with set of corner cases. Like when you open next time, will the multi-monitor setup have all displays on?  What if display resolution changed from last time and now the last window position is outside of your desktop, larger than your desktop. Or on another monitor that doesn't exist anymore. The server window has some set of rules like that.

And some of the OS we are dealing with have similar functionalities integrated in the desktop environment itself (macOS and Linux). How much we want to override those? Or should we let the OS / desktop environment decide where the window appears?

If we dictate the size, we should dictate the position too, so that the lower right corner is not outside of the screen. (typically window position is top left corner)