IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, dericchan1 said:

Hi Miska, can you refer to some usb c dock with pd capabilities that work to power a rpi5?

I'm not there yet, but there was a link on the Roon forum thread.

I have a couple of these usb c dock with pd, usb ports, ethernet, hdmi…. from ugreen or anker but they did not work. 

PD for the connected devices? I have a Lenovo Thunderbolt 4 dock for my MacBook Pro, which has USB-C 10 Gbps PD output ports as well, and can charge the host. But IIRC, Lenovo has also similar USB Type-C docks. There are likely cheaper ones around as well.

I suppose you can do all that and it’s much easier to do just do that with a rpi4 with that power splitter but perhaps if one can make it work for a rpi5 then that opens up the possibility of a ALL in one solution including using the same rpi5 to run hqplayer as well 

Possibly yes, RPi5 running heavy processing will just need more juice than 5V 900mA, so the power supply solution becomes crucial.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

@Miska is it true that the usb input NAA driver = usb gadget only support pcm? If you stream dsd it will get automatically converted to pcm?

It is PCM only at the moment. But you can send DSD using DoP and HQPlayer should decode it. This is disabled at the moment, since it has not been properly tested yet.

(Jussi: I emailed you yesterday evening about this, but you may not have had time to read it yet).

A couple of years ago I bought a licence for HQP Desktop for my laptop.  I then bought an Embedded licence, as I started using an Antipodes server. 

I'm trying to get the Desktop version running on my Windows 10 laptop again.  I think I deleted it a couple of years ago, as I can't find it anywhere in my Local Disk files (AppData, Program Files, etc).  However, when I download and run either 551 or 4221 from the Signalyst website, the download gets as far as the Licence Agreement page and then stops / disappears.  The Licence Agreement itself doesn't load.  Running as an Administrator makes no difference. 

My laptop CPU is an i7 6600U which is compatible with AVX2, per the Intel website.  Graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 520.  16 GB RAM.  I use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, which tells me that all my drivers are up to date. 

Perhaps I'm missing something completely obvious, but I can't figure out what's tripping up this installation.  I only use this laptop for general office work, nothing esoteric.  

Any ideas? 

6 hours ago, Miska said:

It is PCM only at the moment. But you can send DSD using DoP and HQPlayer should decode it. This is disabled at the moment, since it has not been properly tested yet.

Thanks Miska. That’s explains why all dsd source gets converted to pcm. I thought I did something wrong in my mpd settings…

cheers

Deric

58 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

That’s explains why all dsd source gets converted to pcm. I thought I did something wrong in my mpd settings…

I deducted from your answer that your UPnP Renderer should support native DSD. Is my assumption correct?

EDIT: Did you try DoP with your current solution?

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
2 minutes ago, bogi said:

I deducted from your answer that your UPnP Renderer should support native DSD. Is my assumption correct?

EDIT: Did you try DoP with your current solution?

Yes mpd support native dsd.

I guess there’s no point to try dop at this point since Miska mentioned in his post he disabled it at the moment 

1 minute ago, dericchan1 said:

I guess there’s no point to try dop at this point since Miska mentioned in his post he disabled it at the moment 

Miska's formulation was not very clear this time for me. Given the 2nd sentence I understood it differently, but then I re-read it and you are probably right.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
2 hours ago, tedacura1 said:

I don't know if this has been answered before so please excuse me if it has... can a playlist created in HQPlayer Client be saved and if so how?

Yes, on the view '3', the playlist editor. Near bottom right corner there's the playlist load/save functionality. You can give playlist a name and click "Save".

You can also upload playlists containing streaming URLs and store those in the library. This is what I have done for my di.fm favorites.

10 minutes ago, Audionumber3 said:

So Miska, should I always use a USB cable that's less then 1 meter?

Looking at buying a USB 3.0 cable for my Spring 3 KTE. I'd like to go 1.5 meter....but I've hear you always want to keep it under 1 Meter.

I personally use up to 1.8m lengths without issues. Up to 2m shoud be fine.

21 hours ago, Miska said:

x64 = 英特尔 CPU

arm64 = 苹果 CPU

Can the client's genre list not change back and forth? It changes every time the database is updated, and it is not sorted by the first letter of English or Pinyin. Every time I want to find the genre series I want to listen to, I have to search up and down to find it! It's very torturous!

Client.jpg

I categorize all my local music libraries through genres, which helps me quickly find the categories I want to listen to music. However, this genre list really torments me. I don't know if it's because I don't have a Chinese character library. These genre categories always change, and the media library cannot be automatically updated. When I add some music, I have to manually refresh the media library, and then the sorting of these genre lists changes again. In addition to the album list that I mentioned last time, which is sorted by pinyin first letter, I hope this genre list can also be fixed to first letter sorting! So I know where the genre category I want is! I really hope to modify this sorting logic!

So using a rpi4 with the power splitter and usb loopback has been rock solid as a upnp renderer/Dlna server/NAA input. I am curious if installing this setup on a holo red would provide any benefits since the red has technically better power supply? 

or it should really only makes a difference if I also use the red as an output NAA to the dac? 

in other words, how important is it to have decent power supply for the input NAA compared to the output NAA?

13 hours ago, Miska said:

It only makes difference when interfacing to analog world. For example when having ADC at input side or DAC at the output side.

For pure digital inputs it doesn't matter.

Just on usb-c powered hub, I  notice on the Wiim website, they mentioned usb storage/audio output. Am wondering if you have a powered hub for the Wiim pro plus, whether you can connect the usb-c to say usb-c input of an input NAA. 

11 minutes ago, Fredc said:

Just on usb-c powered hub, I  notice on the Wiim website, they mentioned usb storage/audio output. Am wondering if you have a powered hub for the Wiim pro plus, whether you can connect the usb-c to say usb-c input of an input NAA. 

You can try first if the source can provide enough current without a powered USB hub. If RPi4 shows lightning symbol during bootup or operation on attached display, or int worst case RPi4 doesn't boot up or goes into a reboot loop. Then it is is better to have an external powered USB hub. Or you can play safe and just use one of the recommended USB hubs.

But when you don't get lighting symbol and it works you are fine.

HQPlayer client iOS feature request:

Can we long- or double-tap on artist while on transport view, and add all albums/files for that artist -and play?  Then also allow either sequential or random play depending on setting applied?  This would also allow much easier/faster creation of playlists as well.

Thanks @Miska!

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.