IGNORED

Bughead Emperor

supra

Lovely, thank you! It works indeed. Tons of settings as it was said before. Can't wait to give it a try!

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

my audiopc I3 with 8 gb ram Asus H97m-e with 2 x PPAV4. with JPlay 6.1a using singxer usb-spdif in KS mode with windows 8.1. I can play this wit foobar2000.

when I run bug head 7.12 SP5, it just crash.

So I run infinity blade 7.12 SP5, select Asio Jplay. but there is no sound . can I know why ?

control PC : NUC 5ppyh, LPS

Audio PC : 2 x PPA V3 USB audio PC, HDPLEX LPS

USB SPDIF : Singxer F1

DAC : MSB Analog (dedicated power supply) with Quad rate USB

Power amp : AudioGD C1

Speaker : Dynaudio C1

Subwoofer : REL Stratus II

yes. u are right. on and off, I just face "CPU performance not satisfy".

I am considering a I7 4785T with a T (for low power). is this recommended ?

control PC : NUC 5ppyh, LPS

Audio PC : 2 x PPA V3 USB audio PC, HDPLEX LPS

USB SPDIF : Singxer F1

DAC : MSB Analog (dedicated power supply) with Quad rate USB

Power amp : AudioGD C1

Speaker : Dynaudio C1

Subwoofer : REL Stratus II

I have been using Infinity Blade since 6.66, then 6.97. now 7.12. What a great program! With my Chord DAC, everything plays as expected, opening Infinity Blade shows the ASIO Chord 1.05 driver and away I go. The driver sits in Program Files within my WindowsR2012 Server setup.

Now I am upgrading to an EMM+Meitner DAC which uses an XMOS driver. I have uninstalled the Chord and its drivers. I now open Infinity Blade -- Setup -- NO ASIO device, so Infinity Blade does not run. No driver link shown in Programs!

Can anyone help with enabling Infinity Blade to find either an XMOS diver or an ASIO driver for EMM+Meitner? Thanx Ron

• 2 months later...

I'd like to know if does it run at 32bit? I've seen the installer says x86 but it seems to not cooperate. Mybe an older release?

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

I have been using Infinity Blade since 6.66, then 6.97. now 7.12. What a great program! With my Chord DAC, everything plays as expected, opening Infinity Blade shows the ASIO Chord 1.05 driver and away I go. The driver sits in Program Files within my WindowsR2012 Server setup.

Now I am upgrading to an EMM+Meitner DAC which uses an XMOS driver. I have uninstalled the Chord and its drivers. I now open Infinity Blade -- Setup -- NO ASIO device, so Infinity Blade does not run. No driver link shown in Programs!

Can anyone help with enabling Infinity Blade to find either an XMOS diver or an ASIO driver for EMM+Meitner? Thanx Ron

You might try JPLay, it works with Bughead and might work with your DAC.

• 3 weeks later...
But for what I've understood the development of this player is dead ? Or this guy posts updates sometimes?

7.49 now available and only 2 weeks after 7.45 so Hiroyuki continues intense development of his already excellent software. He is concentrating on Windows 10. I use Windows Server 2012 which only supports compatability to Windows 8. I anticipate the soon for release Windows Server 2016 will be fine for Windows 10 compatability. BH/IB remains a top choice for many of us.

Hi thanks for you reply, may I run it on Win 7? I ask because I've at hand a win7 disc to install via boot camp and my Mini does not support Win10

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

• 1 month later...
Hi thanks for you reply, may I run it on Win 7? I ask because I've at hand a win7 disc to install via boot camp and my Mini does not support Win10

Use an older version of Bughead for Win7. I would recommend v6.49.

Send me a message if you would like to to have the install package.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Anyone compared Roon Player with Bug Head?

I cannot speak for Roon alone but if you are talking about Roon with HQPlayer then I can give you a comparison with HQPlayer. Simply put Bughead topped HQPlayer in my setup for sound. HQP is the DSD champ with a smooth and lean sound in comparison to BHE. In comparison BHE was more comfortable with PCM (although you can play DSD) and sounded lush and organic. The big negative on BHE is it's user interface and myriad settings. You tend to get tired of all the complexity.

Hope that helps.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Thanks for the reply, Nikhil. In looking at Roon's website, their site mentions "Roon player" a lot, so I assumed that meant it includes a player. HPQ doesn't seem to support mp3, which some of my music files are, so I'm not sure that's the best choice. Plus, it costs another bundle. Right now, I fall back on foobar when I don't want to mess with the five minute BH set up. I also have APlayer (Russian) and Linn Kazoo, along with Minimserver, which I haven't used in awhile. I'm currently using USB vis PS Audio's LanRover to their DS dac, and also have their Bridge II card, which I need to reinstall and get working correctly. It's the latter that got me to thinking of Roon. In any case, some things to mull over.

• 2 weeks later...

Could I trouble someone to share a version of Bughead software suitable for 64 bit Windows running on a Sandy Bridge processor. At least a few members have offered to share legacy copies which I believed wouldn't be needed. That has changed and I would greatly appreciate the entire suite including rewrite data.

Perhaps you got away with x32 because of Win 10, but you didn't say what the setup is with the Sandy Bridge one. In any case, start simple: use Setup DIMM, leave stardust disabled, change Galaxy 100 to 30 (under Normal, upper left), and don't use AllCuresAnyCures or Rewrite. Then if that works, build from there. On my Win 10 machine with 32gb RAM, I can use Rewrite normal but using ACAC more than once (Task Mgr process) leads to much slowed computer. If that doesnt' work, I've got versions going back quite aways, but it would be trial and error to find the right one. If that's needed, PM me.

Would you mind turning off the flashing avatar; it's annoying.

Is there a newbie guide anywhere to getting started with BHE?

Seem to be several places to download on the site and I'm also confused as to whether more then one package is involved - are "rewrite data" and "all cores..."part of BHE or something else?

Thanks