IGNORED

Bughead Emperor

supra

Thanks John.

Just figured out with some help that the best way to uninstall is to run the installation file for that version. The "Remove" option appears on the second Setup screen.

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Glad you got it sorted

For my system 6.48 is the best yet Nice increase in soundstage treble extension and lovely mids. No bass issues but using active open baffles

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

Just got wind of 6.49 earlier today. Installed it and have been listening all evening.

Sounds great with none of the bloat and muddled sound that I had with 6.48

Have been listening to a wide variety of music and it's singing along very nicely.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

6.51 my new reference A bit more detail and a lovely tonality

PM me if you need the file as Hiroyuki already upgraded

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

6.49 is a keeper for me. I'm going to sit out the next few updates unless I really need to. I would have preferred the last few updates to have been released as betas instead of as full updates. Also the fact that Hiroyuki is now using headphones gives me a little apprehension.

Over this past weekend I spent a good amount of time listening to a JAPRS reference recording of "Orfeu Negro" (Black Orpheus). This is a recording made in six different formats, PCM 48kHz/16bit, 96kHz/24bit, 192kHz/24bit, 384kHz/32bit(float), DSD 5.6MHz and DSD 11.2MHz and was made as a sort of reference to what one can expect from the different formats.

Bughead made these recordings shine. Even in comparison with HQPlayer - the sound was just fabulous with more detail as the format resolution went higher. HQPlayer actually lost some composure with the DSD512 material while down sampling to DSD128 & PCM 352.8 which led me to try Bughead. I set output to PCM 352.8 kHz and it was not even close.

Regards.

Yes 6.49 is nice I like 6.51 a bit better has a wonderful tonality to it

Hiroyuki has always used headphones in his testing an it always surprised me how well it has worked on my system which is so different

I think most people find using BH to complicated and time consuming but it certainly my favourite player in terms of SQ

Hiro goes through phases of lots of upgrades Like you I tend not to keep up with them all. Also not all of his upgrades are for the better in my system. its a case of hanging on in and waiting till he gets the balance right I often relie on Franfran on Jplay forum to have a strong sense if I like the next upgrade I usually keep his older versions in case I not like the upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

Hiroyuki is just concentrating on W10 Please use link below to access updates

I just tried 6.73 and a another level of depth since I last update I got 6.66

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21APfpumAJYbOtQ9U&id=95B15E620F5D211D%211430&cid=95B15E620F5D211D

John do you have a link to the 6.66 Installation File?

I'm still running Win7 on my Audio PC so W10 versions will not work for me.

Send me your email details and I share it to you via my one drive

My advise on several fronts is to move to W10

1) SQ is better

2) At some point if you do not do this you will have to pay for it

3) BH will continue to improve and you will not be able to play the latest versions

John,

Thanks again for the files. I am putting off the move to W10 until there is more clarity on the privacy issues. I have always been a late adopter when it comes to Windows products and I have found it to be a safer approach.

Regards.

Send me your email details and I share it to you via my one drive

My advise on several fronts is to move to W10

1) SQ is better

2) At some point if you do not do this you will have to pay for it

3) BH will continue to improve and you will not be able to play the latest versions

Another good reason to move to 10 is because the new AudiophileOptimizer (that works with both Win Server and Windows 10) will be coming out. The betas have been fantastic.

Thanks again for the files. I am putting off the move to W10 until there is more clarity on the privacy issues. I have always been a late adopter when it comes to Windows products and I have found it to be a safer approach.

The new AudiophileOptimizer has an anti-spy feature for Windows 10 that disables Microsoft Telemetry.

The new AudiophileOptimizer has an anti-spy feature for Windows 10 that disables Microsoft Telemetry.

Thanks clipper - haven't been an AO user but useful info.

ShutUp10 is a free utility which allows you to easily address any privacy concerns in Windows 10, highly recommended!

That is neat! Thanks Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to try Bug Head; but before I do that, I would like to know if my PC is up to the task. This is what I have:

Dell Workstation; Xeon 3.07Ghz, 12GB RAM (6 slots 2x6). Win 10 Professional x64.

I read that 16GB is required and 32GB RAM is recommended. Please let me know. Thanks.

I think you should be in great shape. The more RAM you have the better but you can definitely run with 16GB no problem. Start with the basic settings and keep trying out different options that suit your ears.

The higher complex resource crunching settings are not always the best sounding - I just use "Normal Mode" now.

Hiroyuki is placing a few limits on your equipment

The higher ram setting just allows you to get a bit more from the player When setting up you need to set up to its highest setting

Most of us on Jplay like to use stardust 4 and blank screen in the secret mode. Let me know if you need a explanation of how to access

At the moment my favorite among with a few others 6.77

• 2 weeks later...

6.88 is the best so far in my ystem and Hiroyuki has allowed other Windows platforms to be used

6.88 is the best so far in my ystem and Hiroyuki has allowed other Windows platforms to be used

Thanks for that info John. Will have to grab that version while it's still available.

Any chance a kind soul could provide me with a link to 6.88? Looks like it has been replaced by the new 6.89, wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Thanks

I missed 6.88 as well. But 6.89 should be close enough I hope to 6.88

It is also open to other versions of Windows as well from what I could read.

Looks like Hiroyuki is on another sabbatical for health reasons ...

Anybody wants 6.88 send me a pm

• 1 month later...

Been curious how to get the player itself. I have found the 7.12 upgrade on bughead's website but (loser here) having hard time to find the program itself to be installed on my laptop. If anyone could help I'd really apprecaite as I really want to give it a try. My trial period is about to expire with JRiver and if this player is so much of a killer I might not purchase the license for JRiver; rather, I'd send that $ to the developer of this player. It seems he is having some mental issues.

When I click on Bughead exe. what I get is a window with "Bass.dll error - Don't load Bass.dll"

Any idea anyone?

Thanks!

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

I started using Bug Head at version 6.97 and it was then an exe distribution. Now it is a zip file. I uninstalled 6.97, extracted the zip now 7.12, and established a desktop link to x64\InfinityBlade.exe.

Before starting InfinityBlade disconnect the DAC and run

"Rewrite data 2.51\x??\AllCoreAnyCures and click "Run all cores any cures", where x?? is x64 or x86 corresponding to your hardware.

I am using an Acer netbook with just 4 GB of memory, only 3GB usable and my audio hardware is experimental at this time.

Still with the DAC disconnected start InfinityBlade. Select the ASIO driver for the USB interface. There fields in red are selected and blue fields are unselected. Leave the options at default for now and click start. Connect the DAC and you are ready to build a playlist fo files and/or folders. Click clear to remove a list. I have more to write but not now on this iPad as the display window is covered.