IGNORED

Bughead Emperor

supra

If you brave try the beta 5 version Many think its a nice upgrade

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=95B15E620F5D211D%21105&cid=95B15E620F5D211D

I am currently using Beta 4 which is sublime to listen too

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

Thanks John! You guys are on the cutting edge of BHE on the JPlay forum.

I just installed 6.03 so would like to listen to it a little more before trying out beta 4/5.

What differences have you observed between 6.03 and the new beta versions?

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

For those of us who tried the beta versions we mostly felt that 6.03 was a backward step compared to beta 9 or 10 of the last lot of testing

Beta 4 has a more treble detail and sense of musical flow in my system. Think very high end digital transport to where it is now getting at

I not tried beta 5 my guess is it not to different to beta 4 but not sure

I sometimes go a few weeks before trying Hiroyuki latest updates. I am usually reading the jplay forum to see if I want to update

I really recommend using the rewrite data too its worth the time and increases sq on BH. Hiroyuki approach is usually a bit complex but generally pays off in terms of SQ

DigiOne with custom PSU (Supercaped) Coherent Audio Meicord Ethernet Cable IFI USB Silencer x 2Caiman SEQ modified by Coherent Supercaped 

Amps  2x Philips Black Tulips 370 (one per channel) for PRV drivers. Berhinger INuke 3000 for bass drivers

DIY No Baffle speakers PRV 5MR450-NDY and Selenium Neo Bass drivers in Isobarek configuration  

Thanks again John.

Downloaded and installed the new beta version from the link you provided earlier.

Did some casual listening over breakfast - treble detail is as you mentioned.

Will have to listen more later on tonight.

Do you need to uninstall v6.03 to run the beta versions?

Or can they be installed and run simultaneously?

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

You can keep 6.03 it just gets a bit more complex in ensuring you get the right rewrite data bughead program so I keep the beta in a separate file so easier to identify

Yes very hard to keep up all the time

6.20 released Another step up in SQ IMO

• 2 weeks later...

And we're now onto v6.28 - looks like Hiroyuki is on a roll once again.

It's almost too much to keep up with.

Before you know it the next update or beta is released.

At the moment I am keeping with 6.24 Hiroyuki often takes a side turn or even backward steps before he moves forward

At the moment I am keeping with 6.24 Hiroyuki often takes a side turn or even backward steps before he moves forward

Yes I agree. I like the sound of 6.24 right now.

I've just stuck to x1 mode in High Class Professional for the past couple of months.

Haven't bothered to get into any up-sampling. The sound is great the way it is.

This really has to be one of .. if not "The Best" sounding player out there.

Yes high class professional mode is the best I presume you going into blank screen and stardust 4

6.31 is very good and now my new reference with BH

I need to go into blank screen with my PC set up as difference in SQ if I do not

But I only have 16gb ram

6.31 is very good and now my new reference with BH

I need to go into blank screen with my PC set up as difference in SQ if I do not

But I only have 16gb ram

... and I was just getting to like 6.24!

Downloaded 6.31 this morning. Will install and listen later this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

6.39 the best yet

John,

I went to 6.40 and like the sound very much.

Seems like it needs more juice from the processor but the sound is definitely something else.

Question for you - what does the new "Hyper generate knight" do?

I've noticed that it also runs in the background just like ACAC.

Regards

6.45 best yet and not so heavy processor based so no glitches unlike the last few updates

Yes Hyper regenerate knight (HRK) works like ACAC but does it a lot more often I highly recommend you use it and use ACAC as previous.

I use HRK(only acitivate once) after I do the rewrite process and before I use infinity blade

After some fiddling with the settings I'm overwhelmed by all the options and a bit let down by some very low quality results. When selecting some higher number settings, it seems that a low pass filter is used, where are the highs gone? Thought it was Black 4x9. It also seems that some hiss and noise present in the original file are removed. And patience is required when trying a new setting, because my computer has to calculate a minute or so on each new try.

So what are your favorite settings? And is there an export option? I've read somewhere that an export to raw was available, but I cannot find it.

Bug Head is not the easiest thing to set up.

Here is a YouTube video that guides you through it

Also worth using the rewrite protocol but a bit time consuming.

If you wish me to explain the rewrite protocol let me know.

Its not a system that friendly to use so not for most people

I do not know about the export options The Jplay forum probably the best site to ask Or do you mean Make it portable in which case go to your files in the start button if using windows 10 and look in Bug Head

After some fiddling with the settings I'm overwhelmed by all the options and a bit let down by some very low quality results. When selecting some higher number settings, it seems that a low pass filter is used, where are the highs gone? Thought it was Black 4x9. It also seems that some hiss and noise present in the original file are removed. And patience is required when trying a new setting, because my computer has to calculate a minute or so on each new try.

So what are your favorite settings? And is there an export option? I've read somewhere that an export to raw was available, but I cannot find it.

The "highest" settings are not always the best sounding. Try out different options and hear what sounds best in your setup. I use "Normal" in High Class Professional mode for most of my playback. I don't even bother with the other settings which by the way are up-sampling strategies combining other "filters" to give you a desired sound.

So if you went with a 4x setting - this would up-sample a 44.1 kHz source file to 176.4 kHz

My settings:

"Normal" in High Class Professional

Galaxy 35; mmx+; PCM

PCM output at 352.8 kHz

6.47 same level of depth and detail as 6.45 but more lively

Just tried 6.48 but did not like the sound as much.

I found the sound a little muddled with a little bass bloat.

Have moved back to 6.45.

BTW how does one uninstall these newer versions? I had to delete the folder in Program Files and then delete the registry entry. Earlier versions of BHE were listed in the Control Panel list of Installed Programs which made it easier to uninstall.

Regards.

No need to uninstall you could drop the exc into 6.48 I really liked 6.47 for my system very balanced

The other way is just use the file you like I usually save mine before the upgrade in case I do not like it and then use it. To get bughead rewrite you have to go through user select I did a video I can link in if you need that shows you how