IGNORED

Bughead Emperor

supra

Many thanks for the fast response.

I have Bughead 8.0.1, but did that (yes, 64 bit computer) but nothing happens when I click on the icon on the desktop after the installation routine goes through. On the newly installed programs under the main windows menu I have three programs "rewrite data" "make portable" and "check for updates" but no "bughead" per se.

Trying then to click again on the installer yields nothing i.e get the little blue circle for a few seconds and then nothing...

Am I missing a component or else? Thanks

Hello all, I am currently trying to use Bug head for the first time, but after trying to install on Windows 10, the program won't start.

But to be honest, I am not sure I am doing the installation correctly. I downloaded the "package_20170121_Bughead" from the creator's website, but upon unzipping it is not clear to me how to proceed, i.e. which one is the installation exe.

Could any of you fellow forum members point me in the right direction? I am currently using Foobar and JRiver but after reading so many good comments on BugHead, I am looking forward to trying this.

Thank you

Unzip and then go to the main installer file, something like bughead_x64.exe (not on my computer now). Ignore the rest. Once installed, there are instructions on pp 196 bottom (post 3919) and 197 (3922) from me at the JPlay forum bughead thread that should get you going. Feel free to ask more there.

Infinity Blade HQ (Bug Head Emperor) worth trying - Page 196 - Computer Audio - JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

Unzip and then go to the main installer file, something like bughead_x64.exe (not on my computer now). Ignore the rest. Once installed, there are instructions on pp 196 bottom (post 3919) and 197 (3922) from me at the JPlay forum bughead thread that should get you going. Feel free to ask more there.

Infinity Blade HQ (Bug Head Emperor) worth trying - Page 196 - Computer Audio - JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

Thanks! Will check this out.

You both are very kind helping a new guy. Cheers!

Now on my desktop, the installer file to use is Bughead_x86_x64.exe. For subsequent versions, I now use the installer file most often. However, the update to the latest can be done directly from within the installed program folder via "Check for updates.exe." Another way I used to employ almost all the time and is still usable is to install by copying the separate parts into (on top of) the current install. The files needed are down a couple of levels in the three folders: Bug head 8.01, All core any cures and Rewrite data. The latter method only runs into a problem when the .dll files have been changed.

So I uninstalled the program, restarted the machine, did a new install of the Bughead_x86_x64. It ran OK, but again I can't start either AllCoreAnyCures.exe or the Bughead program itself...

Again, on the windows main menu, only three programs "rewrite data" "make portable" and "check for updates" is this correct or there should be "Bughead"?

Thanks

If you wish any more help from me, take this to the JPlay forum thread. That way there is continuity with the instructions and more folks who are using it can chime in.

In any case, if you're using Windows, then there should be icons on your desktop, assuming you are using the old style desktop, for the main program and ACAC and Rewrite Data, plus some others that you shouldn't use at this point (I delete them). Follow my instructions on the JPlay thread and it should work. Post there if you still have problems, being more explicit about what you are doing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using 8.11 now. I have to say that up to 6.XX I kind of gave up. While there were very interesting amounts of resolution, the sound felt "processed" and seemed encased in an aural envelope, if that makes any sense. But with these latest versions it is markedly more natural and sweet, airy and open. I'm listening with great pleasure.

• 2 years later...

http://www.mics.ne.jp/~coolverse/package_20200104_Bughead_x64.zip

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/3063-pink-hq-minorityclean/page-12#entry50448

• Resident software changed from High Grade CPU Any Cures to (Replace to) MinorityClean XXIII.
  • With Bug head Low, the processing time for one CD is reduced to about 5 minutes. At Nontallion High, it is reduced to about 20 minutes.
  • Source code corresponding to MinorityClean and NaturalBlade.dll has been included in Shared.
  • If ultra-high frequency noise is confirmed by USB-DAC, it is out of operation. Please consider Singxer SDA-2C.

• 8 months later...

http://www.mics.ne.jp/~coolverse/package_20200930_Bughead_x64.zip

http://www.mics.ne.jp/~coolverse/MinorityClean/MinorityClean_2020_Rev56_x64.zip

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/3063-pink-hq-minorityclean/page-31#entry52618

Agreed with the comments about MC 54 being a step back from 51. Still, there was some euphony there that 51 was missing, with the trade off being the lack of clarity and frequency extension 51 brought. That being said, MC 56 seems to be a good merging of the two - sounds very similar to 51 in terms of clarity and air, with a bit of the euphonic character of 54 in the mix as well.

• 9 months later...