~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DSD DoP

JPLAY, ASIO4ALL へ対応しています。DSD64は176.4kHz、DSD128は352.8kHzに対応して

いなければなりません。確実な手順は以下の通りです。

1. Click ASIO control panel [left click ASIO and select ASIO control panel]

2. Play list ALL Clear [shortcut SHIFT+C]

3. Swich to DoP mode [Pcm click and select DoP]

4. Add DSD files

5. PLAY (Set volume is [Max], coz must BIT PERFECT!)

DSD Native

DSDをサポートする仕様により、DSDの関連費用を払う義務等は無いと知りました。音量調整は無効。

3. Swich to Raw mode [DoP click and select Raw]

4. Add DSD files

5. PLAY

DSD Pcm

3. Swich to Pcm mode [Raw click and select Covert to pcm]

4. Select output frequency [Pcm click and Output frequency - 88.2kHz]

5. Add DSD files

6. PLAY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems mixed playlists PCM/DSD at different bitrates are practically impossible and switching between formats may require special operation.

Thanks, i am playing around with HQ Player at the moment (eval version). Benefit of HQ Player is that it converts PCM to DSD. Downside is that HQ player costs $AUD183. But i will try your config for BHE soon.

Yes, it does well, and sounds great. The best I have heard from my Buffalo DAC.

I don't know anything about these transformers. If you are using them right now as IV convertor, are you driving your preamp directly from the output of the transformer? ie are you able to get 2volt output from them?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

• 4 weeks later...

Sad to hear, I hope he gets better.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to try out older/legacy versions of BE? I can't find any way to procure a download. If it's something where I need to donate to get access, just point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated!

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

• 4 weeks later...
How is the UI for BHE compared to HQP in AO minimal or core mode? What if Infinity blade is run through Jriver

Can Infinity Blade be run through JRiver? That would be really good if we could achieve the SQ of Bug Head with the GUI and convenience of JRiver

• 1 month later...

Can you be more specific about exactly which J River features are supported?

I'm assuming for example, the J River interface is used for library management and to select the music to play and Bug Head is used as an audio engine?

If so do you know exactly how this is achieved?

Can the J Remote app also be used to select the music to play through Bug Head?

This is basically a cross post from the other Bughead thread.

Thanks,

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

Folks,

Have you built your own PC to use as BH Streamer (Or what ever you may call it)? Or even did any research on this?

Kindly share your views as I want to put together such PC.

My rough outline.

Max core Processer (Torn between Skylake/Xeon)

Max Speed

PCI SSD (Dream would be MoBo with M.2 interface and NVMe)

Fantastic USB

Upgrade Clock

MS Server 12

AO

If possible Uptone Audio PS?

Thank you very much.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Ok thanks. I'll check with Lukasz.

Unless they're leaving something out of this page: KOMPUTER - MUSIC SERVER

He's just using AudioPhile Optimizer which offers Bughead as a shell in core mode. That doesn't make Bughead available as an "end point" for some other software to control. Again, it's very possible I am just missing something, but it looks like a CAPS with a very good motherboard, and software tweaks (AO, Core Mode, Fidelizer) pre-installed.

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

When has Lampi web page ever kept up with the very latest developments? Even the chassis will change, I am told and it is may not even be recognizable as having a CAPs root anymore.

One thing I know for sure that is not updated is the HDD option. 8TB is now available.

If the BHE is actually 100% implemented in its native sonic form via the GUI and File Management by JRiver, then this would be the silver bullet. Without a proper listen, I would not be keen to take that step and buy the Komputer (No home audition in my neck of the hood) ; despite all my personal respect for Mr Lampizator.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

There may be a dealer demo unit in HK… ask and see.

In any case, there will be many options out there from bespoke servers to renderers to build your owns CAPs style servers. People have choice and that is a good thing.

I have not heard the Lampi server nor the SGalleris server, but I am sure both will be excellent.

I am using infinityblade SQ since this weekend, installed it on a dedicated i7 machine with windows server 2012 and optimized with AO. Normally I run hqplayer and mc21.

It is a not easy to understand program, but the default settings were all ready very promising. I experimented a lot yesterday. My findings until now:

1. The sound of PCM files is the best I heard, so direct, so focused and powerful with lots of details

2. I keep finding that DSD is sounding better on hqplayer.

3. Normally I upsample everyting to DSD256 in HQP, BHE can't do that. But as said, I love the PCM sound of BHE, so no need to upsample to DSD.

4. BHE can't deal with a playlist with different file resolutions. In daily practice, with a lot of different HD files that is not very handy.

5. Further is the GUI so much stacked with options that it takes you a long time to find the best setting. Personally I love experimenting so that isn't much of an issue.

6. The GUI only works very well when you know your filesystem very well. If there is any logic into the way you stored your files it won't be a big problem.

7. I also use the program AllCoreAnyCures... don't know what it does... but it is recommended in the manual.

All in all, a wonderful program that would benefit very much from a connection with a musicdatabase like minimserver or jriver.

For now thats all...

I am using infinityblade SQ since this weekend, installed it on a dedicated i7 machine with windows server 2012 and optimized with AO. Normally I run hqplayer and mc21.

It is a not easy to understand program, but the default settings were all ready very promising. I experimented a lot yesterday. My findings until now:

1. The sound of PCM files is the best I heard, so direct, so focused and powerful with lots of details

3. Normally I upsample everyting to DSD256 in HQP, BHE can't do that. But as said, I love the PCM sound of BHE, so no need to upsample to DSD.

4. BHE can't deal with a playlist with different file resolutions. In daily practice, with a lot of different HD files that is not very handy.

5. Further is the GUI so much stacked with options that it takes you a long time to find the best setting. Personally I love experimenting so that isn't much of an issue.

6. The GUI only works very well when you know your filesystem very well. If there is any logic into the way you stored your files it won't be a big problem.

7. I also use the program AllCoreAnyCures... don't know what it does... but it is recommended in the manual.

All in all, a wonderful program that would benefit very much from a connection with a musicdatabase like minimserver or jriver.

For now thats all...

John,

I concur with your views on the PCM. At the listening session, we never got to do the DSD. My friend who has the Lampizator GG noted that DSD in his rig was the 'Sound to die for'. I will try the near death experience in the near future and then come back to tell the tale.

Hi John,

You have a lucky friend with his Golden Gate. I have also a Lampizator DAC, a slightly tweaked Amber, an amazing machine. DSD is surely to die for, especially in conjunction with HQP. The filters of Jussi are fantastic. Upsampling redbook to DSD64, 128 or 256 in HQP is indeed an eyeopener when you do that for the first time. Still I am in love with the PCM BHE sound.

I am curious about how you go with your friend. Hopefully you can compare DSD between BHE with HQP, and please don't die!

My experience with BugHead Green is similar: extremely clean, fast and micro-detail revealing sound with PCM. This is why I also recommend people who are into DSD to try WAV with BugHead.

The lack of mixed resolution is a great annoyance: it's hard for an end-user to understand what's happening when on the one hand dragging and dropping a file show it into the list, and in other instances, the same file doesn't appear. The user has then to do a Clear and try again. It's quite frustrating.

Maybe the different playlists (A, B, C, etc...) helps with this but I haven't tested that.

BH is proof that which memory you use has startling differences in sound.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

My experience with BugHead Green is similar: extremely clean, fast and micro-detail revealing sound with PCM. This is why I also recommend people who are into DSD to try WAV with BugHead.

The lack of mixed resolution is a great annoyance: it's hard for an end-user to understand what's happening when on the one hand dragging and dropping a file show it into the list, and in other instances, the same file doesn't appear. The user has then to do a Clear and try again. It's quite frustrating.

Maybe the different playlists (A, B, C, etc...) helps with this but I haven't tested that.

BH is proof that which memory you use has startling differences in sound.

Yes. But BH may be doing more than just memory management. In this regards BH may be quite similar to XXhighend and Phasure NoS DAC. Only Peter provides both the software and the hardware. People who have used the Phasure are also a cult group and like BH seems to require a certain level of DIY. Ok! BHE may just take the cake here.

But! What happiness, dreaming of BHE with good GUI.